News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 365,971 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #840 on: March 03, 2014, 04:19:29 PM »
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #841 on: March 03, 2014, 04:34:17 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 03, 2014, 04:19:29 PM
Splooge.

Scouting report: Baez crushes fastballs out over the heart of the plate.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #842 on: March 03, 2014, 04:49:52 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 03, 2014, 04:19:29 PM
Splooge.

Don't think that pitcher can get by with such a relatively straight fastball.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #843 on: March 04, 2014, 01:19:04 AM »
Also, from the same game: fielding splooge.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #844 on: March 04, 2014, 09:17:28 AM »
This is more of Parks, but I'm having a hard time not getting hysterical after reading it.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=22949

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #845 on: March 04, 2014, 09:31:11 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 04, 2014, 09:17:28 AM
This is more of Parks, but I'm having a hard time not getting hysterical after reading it.

You know what? For a guy writing up prospects on a site that is laid out like an instruction manual I think Parks is a pretty good read. Maybe all the weirdness comes from him trying to make writing about prospects fun. I think he succeeds.

More importantly, this Baez stuff is scary. I mean what if he really is the next great MLB hitter? I heard someone on MLB radio say he, at 2B, would project to be a Carlos Baerga. I mean, Baerga was good for about 5 years and really good for maybe 2. But he wasn't a superstar. And no one really talks about him anymore. If Baez ends up as a Baerga I will probably disappointed.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #846 on: March 04, 2014, 09:39:20 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 04, 2014, 09:31:11 AM

You know what? For a guy writing up prospects on a site that is laid out like an instruction manual I think Parks is a pretty good read. Maybe all the weirdness comes from him trying to make writing about prospects fun. I think he succeeds.

More importantly, this Baez stuff is scary. I mean what if he really is the next great MLB hitter? I heard someone on MLB radio say he, at 2B, would project to be a Carlos Baerga. I mean, Baerga was good for about 5 years and really good for maybe 2. But he wasn't a superstar. And no one really talks about him anymore. If Baez ends up as a Baerga I will probably disappointed.

Baerga seems like a terrible comparison considering he hit 20 homers just twice.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #847 on: March 04, 2014, 09:44:06 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 04, 2014, 09:39:20 AM

Baerga seems like a terrible comparison considering he hit 20 homers just twice.

Well, it's partially due to their shared skin color.

Baez is Ryne. Full stop

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #848 on: March 04, 2014, 09:44:34 AM »

On Baez: "But when he unsheathes that weapon and it finds the ball, the cowhide screams in what I believe to both ecstasy and agony."

(||)
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #849 on: March 04, 2014, 10:25:13 AM »

I came away from this article more excited at the prospects of Almora and Bryant than Baez. Those two guys are going to be on-base machines.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

cindysandberg

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #850 on: March 04, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 04, 2014, 09:44:06 AM
Quote from: Eli on March 04, 2014, 09:39:20 AM

Well, it's partially due to their shared skin color.

Baez is Ryne. Full stop

A Latin Ryne?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #851 on: March 04, 2014, 11:03:49 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 04, 2014, 09:44:34 AM

On Baez: "But when he unsheathes that weapon and it finds the ball, the cowhide screams in what I believe to both ecstasy and agony."

(||)

Quote from: ChuckD on March 03, 2014, 01:58:06 PM
Quote from: Eli on March 03, 2014, 01:50:34 PM
Quote from: Fork on March 03, 2014, 01:40:26 PM
Parks says stuff:

Baez has the best bat speed I've seen since I started evaluating talent at the minor league level, and it might be some of the best bat speed I've seen period. It's violent—no doubt—and I'm not always sold that he can control the bat after he triggers. But when he unsheathes that weapon and it finds the ball, the cowhide screams in what I believe to both ecstasy and agony.

I think Parks knows his stuff pretty well, but I just can't handle him on Twitter with all of his weird hashtags and homoeroticism. Nice to see him here be a little more normal in this chat.

And here I was about to comment on the suggestive nature of "unsheathes that weapon" and "screams in ... ecstasy and agony."

Good work, everyone.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #852 on: March 04, 2014, 02:36:21 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 04, 2014, 09:44:34 AM

(||)

The whole to both?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #853 on: March 04, 2014, 04:58:50 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 04, 2014, 10:25:13 AM

I came away from this article more excited at the prospects of Almora and Bryant than Baez. Those two guys are going to be on-base machines.

Too soon for a My Colt sploogefest?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #854 on: March 04, 2014, 05:31:58 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 04, 2014, 04:58:50 PM
Quote from: Fork on March 04, 2014, 10:25:13 AM

Too soon for a My Colt sploogefest?

Probably.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.