News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 365,753 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #885 on: April 25, 2014, 01:52:45 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 25, 2014, 01:47:40 PM
I think we've settled it: Sterling is a stupid idiot for wanting to watch baseball sometimes.

Finally, I have answers.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #886 on: April 25, 2014, 01:57:19 PM »
I think we've settled it: Sterling is a stupid idiot for wanting to watch baseball sometimes.

I have to admit I am laughing at the fact that right now we're all proving the "Do you nerds even watch the games" crowd right.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #887 on: April 25, 2014, 02:04:04 PM »

Well that's certainly not what I'm saying. We're all Cubs fans so we're all stupid idiots.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #888 on: April 25, 2014, 02:19:17 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 25, 2014, 02:04:04 PM

Well that's certainly not what I'm saying. We're all Cubs fans so we're all stupid idiots.

I'm not saying that either. I don't care what Sterling watches. My only point is that it was time to post. So I did what I had to do.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #889 on: April 25, 2014, 02:20:21 PM »

No, I know. I was just amused that his innocent FYI about the MiLB TV package was met with such disdain.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #890 on: April 25, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »
Neil Ramirez doesn't look like what I would picture a Neil Ramirez to look like.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #891 on: April 25, 2014, 03:28:17 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 25, 2014, 02:20:21 PM

No, I know. I was just amused that his innocent FYI about the MiLB TV package was met with such disdain.

We need a good season.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #892 on: April 25, 2014, 03:46:12 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 25, 2014, 03:03:20 PM
Neil Ramirez doesn't look like what I would picture a Neil Ramirez to look like.

I assume this is what you were expecting?

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #893 on: April 25, 2014, 04:06:55 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 25, 2014, 03:46:12 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 25, 2014, 03:03:20 PM

I assume this is what you were expecting?

Probably more like this:

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #894 on: May 01, 2014, 09:56:16 AM »
DPD.

Theo and Jed should probably tell Ricketts to stop talking.

QuoteKeteyian: "It's a roll of the dice in a lot of ways. Is there a Plan B if this doesn't work?"

Ricketts: "I'm not sure there is a Plan B."

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #895 on: May 01, 2014, 12:30:30 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 01, 2014, 09:56:16 AM
DPD.

Theo and Jed should probably tell Ricketts to stop talking.

QuoteKeteyian: "It's a roll of the dice in a lot of ways. Is there a Plan B if this doesn't work?"

Ricketts: "I'm not sure there is a Plan B."

What's he supposed to say? That when Bryant and Baez flop they'll spend a shit ton of money? That will only make the meatballs less patient for them to add to the payroll. It sounded like a vote of confidence in Theo and Plan A to me. And at this point in the process what else is he supposed to say or do?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #896 on: May 01, 2014, 12:45:37 PM »
Quote from: Tony on May 01, 2014, 12:30:30 PM
What's he supposed to say? That when Bryant and Baez flop they'll spend a shit ton of money? That will only make the meatballs less patient for them to add to the payroll. It sounded like a vote of confidence in Theo and Plan A to me. And at this point in the process what else is he supposed to say or do?

"Good organizations are always able to adapt. We're confident in our current path but if we ever need to adjust, we have the best front office in baseball to make those adjustments."

His quote makes them sound unprepared, naive and inflexible. Never something you want to hear, but especially not right now when 4 of the team's top 5 prospects have had such poor starts to their seasons.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #897 on: May 01, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 01, 2014, 12:45:37 PM

"Good organizations are always able to adapt. We're confident in our current path but if we ever need to adjust, we have the best front office in baseball to make those adjustments."

His quote makes them sound unprepared, naive and inflexible. Never something you want to hear, but especially not right now when 4 of the team's top 5 prospects have had such poor starts to their seasons.

What's important is that we haven't had to talk Eli off the ledge in a good 7-10 days. 
It was a good run.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #898 on: May 01, 2014, 01:20:00 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 01, 2014, 12:49:00 PM

What's important is that we haven't had to talk Eli off the ledge in a good 7-10 days. 
It was a good run.

What we lost; what we never had.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #899 on: May 01, 2014, 01:33:59 PM »

Yes. But the reality that most people get is that it's just Tom that's unprepared, naive and inflexible.