News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 365,694 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #2880 on: October 09, 2015, 11:15:13 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 09, 2015, 11:10:08 AM
In all seriousness, where will the Cubs break him in? Tennessee seems like the logical spot given his age.

That'd be awfully aggressive. I think A or maybe A+ would be a better initial starting point. Wouldn't surprise me to even see him start in Arizona and then go to Eugene.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2881 on: October 09, 2015, 12:42:37 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 09, 2015, 11:10:08 AM
In all seriousness, where will the Cubs break him in? Tennessee seems like the logical spot given his age.

This is my own speculation but he might need extended spring training to get back up to speed. It's likely too late to get him into Fall League for some ABs. If he has a good spring I'd assign him to South Bend, or Eugene if he stays in XST. Like Eli said, Tennessee is probably way too aggressive.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2882 on: October 09, 2015, 12:44:30 PM »
Just to add on, not even 22- and 23-year-old draftees go straight to Tennessee. XST is probably the best way to get him inculcated in The Cubs Way crash course before an affiliate assignment, too.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2883 on: October 09, 2015, 02:32:16 PM »
The elusive TPD. Now that I think about it, he's already in the Dominican. Betting he goes to Winter Ball somewhere before they bring him stateside.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2884 on: October 15, 2015, 11:37:22 PM »
Hmmm....

QuoteTODAY: MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez reports some additional details on the situation. San Francisco's claim to a signing is based upon "a series of texts and emails" that were exchanged with BHSC. The Giants filed paperwork with the league, per the report, but it appears that Martinez has yet to sign anything with the club. Chicago, meanwhile, struck its deal with Martinez's Dominican representatives.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2885 on: October 19, 2015, 01:28:22 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 15, 2015, 11:37:22 PM
Hmmm....

QuoteTODAY: MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez reports some additional details on the situation. San Francisco's claim to a signing is based upon "a series of texts and emails" that were exchanged with BHSC. The Giants filed paperwork with the league, per the report, but it appears that Martinez has yet to sign anything with the club. Chicago, meanwhile, struck its deal with Martinez's Dominican representatives.

Baseball America calling Eddy Julio to the Cubs official.
The Giants had worked out a minor league deal with 20-year-old Cuban outfielder Eddy Julio Martinez on Oct. 4, only to see the agreement scuttled for financial reasons. The Cubs swooped in and signed him for a $3 million bonus, when San Francisco had agreed to go as high as $2.5 million. You can read more about the righthanded-hitting Martinez here, courtesy of Ben Badler.

Also, Jesse staying strong.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2886 on: October 28, 2015, 10:31:17 AM »
Looks like Jeimer Candelario is the scourge of Arizona.

He's another of those guys who has been working his way up through the Cubs' farm system for so long it's easy to forget he doesn't turn 22 until next month.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2887 on: October 28, 2015, 10:45:38 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 28, 2015, 10:31:17 AM

He's another of those guys who has been working his way up through the Cubs' farm system for so long it's easy to forget he doesn't turn 22 until next month.

He also had a really run in the the half of the year with Tennessee. There's really nowhere for him to go in the organization though, so maybe he'll get some sort of trade-value boost with the AFL performance.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2888 on: October 28, 2015, 10:54:15 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 28, 2015, 10:45:38 AM

He also had a really run in the the half of the year with Tennessee. There's really nowhere for him to go in the organization though, so maybe he'll get some sort of trade-value boost with the AFL performance.

Speaking of guys with nowhere to go, does Christian Villanueva still have any value? I recall that he is a very-good-to-great defensive 3B, but his .751 OPS in his age 24 season at Iowa didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2889 on: October 28, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »

Is that some sort of sponsored 5K?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2890 on: October 28, 2015, 11:03:35 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 28, 2015, 10:54:15 AM

Speaking of guys with nowhere to go, does Christian Villanueva still have any value? I recall that he is a very-good-to-great defensive 3B, but his .751 OPS in his age 24 season at Iowa didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Yeah, he's not much of a prospect anymore.

I also just remembered that Candelario is a Rule V guy this December, along with Pierce Johnson, Vogelbach and a few other guys who aren't complete scrubs. Interesting to see what they'll do with that (if anything).

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2891 on: October 28, 2015, 11:22:50 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 28, 2015, 11:03:35 AM

I also just remembered that Candelario is a Rule V guy this December, along with Pierce Johnson, Vogelbach and a few other guys who aren't complete scrubs. Interesting to see what they'll do with that (if anything).

Can't see any team putting those guys on their MLB roster.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2892 on: October 28, 2015, 11:25:12 AM »

You got a good list of those somewhere?  Or a link to the list?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2893 on: October 28, 2015, 12:05:03 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 28, 2015, 11:25:12 AM

http://www.thecubreporter.com/book/export/html/3518

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2894 on: October 28, 2015, 12:47:59 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 28, 2015, 12:05:03 PM
Quote from: Oleg on October 28, 2015, 11:25:12 AM

http://www.thecubreporter.com/book/export/html/3518

Holy crap, remember when Dillon Maples was a thing?
TIME TO POST!