News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 365,694 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #2940 on: January 07, 2016, 02:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 07, 2016, 02:14:04 PM
34 Prospects with an FV of 45 and over.  Not bad at all.

Have at it, Pen.

Where's Hannemann?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2941 on: January 07, 2016, 02:55:59 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 07, 2016, 02:50:00 PM

Have at it, Pen.

Where's Hannemann?

The fact that he's one of the 34 may mean that I'm overly enthusiastic about how good the system is.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2942 on: January 07, 2016, 02:56:24 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 07, 2016, 02:50:00 PM

Have at it, Pen.

Where's Hannemann?

Telling anyone who will listen about how Jesus once came to live in America just so he could set up millenium-spanning scavenger hunt?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2943 on: January 07, 2016, 04:36:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 02:46:44 PM
Quote from: Yeti on January 07, 2016, 02:44:51 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 02:42:53 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 07, 2016, 02:35:57 PM
I'm kind of surprised Tseng is rated #25. But if there are truly 24 guys in the system better than he is, sploosh.

The other way you could look at that is that Tseng isn't actually that good.

Yea, but Fork watched him with Arguello once

I mean I'm actually not trying to be a dick here. The farm system is awesome and Tseng is a decent fringe-y prospect. Just, you know, Fork and all.

Actually never saw him, I just thought he had been rated pretty high previously.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2944 on: January 08, 2016, 12:08:20 PM »

Have at it, Pen.

So many boners.

I may have the opportunity to make some Spring Training games this year. I love this organization so much.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2945 on: January 08, 2016, 12:13:44 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 07, 2016, 04:36:20 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 02:46:44 PM
Quote from: Yeti on January 07, 2016, 02:44:51 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 02:42:53 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 07, 2016, 02:35:57 PM
I'm kind of surprised Tseng is rated #25. But if there are truly 24 guys in the system better than he is, sploosh.

The other way you could look at that is that Tseng isn't actually that good.

Yea, but Fork watched him with Arguello once

I mean I'm actually not trying to be a dick here. The farm system is awesome and Tseng is a decent fringe-y prospect. Just, you know, Fork and all.

Actually never saw him, I just thought he had been rated pretty high previously.

Tseng was rated high originally and then had a really rough start to last year, combined with his lack of great overall "stuff."  He's got pretty good command, but his fastball ain't that much and he's not striking a ton of guys out.

That said, he rebounded quite nicely over the second half last year. 

I don't know if he's a super-legit prospect, but he's definitely still in play.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2946 on: January 08, 2016, 12:31:27 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on January 08, 2016, 12:08:20 PM

Have at it, Pen.

So many boners.

I may have the opportunity to make some Spring Training games this year. I love this organization so much.

We're kicking around going to the Vegas games. Baseball can't get here fast enough.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2947 on: January 11, 2016, 11:21:45 PM »
Lazarito has been declared a free agent eligible to sign Feb. 10, not July 2, which means the Cubs can grab him as long as they're willing to pay a 100% tax on whatever they pay him (stupid IFA rules are stupid).
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2948 on: January 12, 2016, 08:36:42 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on January 11, 2016, 11:21:45 PM
Lazarito has been declared a free agent eligible to sign Feb. 10, not July 2, which means the Cubs can grab him as long as they're willing to pay a 100% tax on whatever they pay him (stupid IFA rules are stupid).

Fuck it. Break the bank.
TIME TO POST!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2949 on: January 25, 2016, 01:27:12 PM »
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2950 on: January 30, 2016, 04:55:02 AM »
The top 100 prospects as per mlb.com.  I was going to make SOME JOKE ABOUT DA CUBS NOT HAVIN ANY PROPSECTS SINCE DAT EPSTINK GUY GOT RIDDA DEM INTO DA BIG LEAGUES MY FRENTS but it turns out, they still have six in the list:

28 Gleyber Torres
50 Willson Contreras
76 Ian Happ
77 Duane Underwood
86 Albert Almora
88 Billy McKinney

so, you know... fuck Matt Trueblood.

To save you the bother of counting for yourselves, the Deadbirds have two, Milwaukee, Pissburgh and the Reds have five each, and the Sox have two and are going to be awful for quite some time.  And honestly, at the moment it's hard to see a) how the rest of the National League is going to keep up with the Cubs in the next few years and b) how long it's going to be before my erection subsides.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2951 on: February 01, 2016, 08:56:30 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 30, 2016, 04:55:02 AM
The top 100 prospects as per mlb.com.  I was going to make SOME JOKE ABOUT DA CUBS NOT HAVIN ANY PROPSECTS SINCE DAT EPSTINK GUY GOT RIDDA DEM INTO DA BIG LEAGUES MY FRENTS but it turns out, they still have six in the list:

28 Gleyber Torres
50 Willson Contreras
76 Ian Happ
77 Duane Underwood
86 Albert Almora
88 Billy McKinney

To save you the bother of counting for yourselves, the Deadbirds have two, Milwaukee, Pissburgh and the Reds have five each, and the Sox have two and are going to be awful for quite some time.  And honestly, at the moment it's hard to see a) how the rest of the National League is going to keep up with the Cubs in the next few years and b) how long it's going to be before my erection subsides.

With the exception of Eddy Martinez replacing Underwood, the same players appear on BP's Top 101.  I don't think any of them are high ceiling guys like the last group but very impressive.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2952 on: February 01, 2016, 09:19:13 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 01, 2016, 08:56:30 AM

28 Gleyber Torres
50 Willson Contreras
76 Ian Happ
77 Duane Underwood
86 Albert Almora
88 Billy McKinney

With the exception of Eddy Martinez replacing Underwood, the same players appear on BP's Top 101.  I don't think any of them are high ceiling guys like the last group but very impressive.

Not to mention, with the Cubs going hard after international players, they will continue improving their organizational depth. For all we know, if they sign Lazarito then Gleybar gets bumped down to the Cubs' #2 prospect.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2953 on: February 01, 2016, 09:29:57 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 01, 2016, 09:19:13 AM

28 Gleyber Torres
50 Willson Contreras
76 Ian Happ
77 Duane Underwood
86 Albert Almora
88 Billy McKinney

Not to mention, with the Cubs going hard after international players, they will continue improving their organizational depth. For all we know, if they sign Lazarito then Gleybar gets bumped down to the Cubs' #2 prospect.

He's 16 years old. He might be their most talented prospect if he signs but he'd not be ranked as their #1 prospect without playing any professional games in the US. You don't see many guys ranked as a top 25 prospect at signing or without being fairly close to the majors. I don't care how impressive of a 16 year old he is he's probably at least a 3-4 year minor league project.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2954 on: February 01, 2016, 10:22:53 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 01, 2016, 09:29:57 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 01, 2016, 09:19:13 AM

28 Gleyber Torres
50 Willson Contreras
76 Ian Happ
77 Duane Underwood
86 Albert Almora
88 Billy McKinney

He's 16 years old. He might be their most talented prospect if he signs but he'd not be ranked as their #1 prospect without playing any professional games in the US. You don't see many guys ranked as a top 25 prospect at signing or without being fairly close to the majors. I don't care how impressive of a 16 year old he is he's probably at least a 3-4 year minor league project.

You statnerds and your statnerdery.  Fork is a born scout and you'll never be able to compete with his natural feel for the game.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.