News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 365,689 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #3105 on: June 21, 2016, 08:36:16 AM »
The way I see it here is the most likely lineup for the Cubs from 2017-2020 or whatever:

C Contreras
1B Rizzo
2B Baez, with Zobrist slowly transitioning to more of a utility role as he gets older.
3B Bryant
SS Russell
LF Schwarber
CF Almora
RF Heyward.

Maybe Almora doesn't pan out, I dunno, he's looked way more competent than I expected so I think it'll be okay, but in that worst case scenario where maybe one of their 26 and under crew doesn't work out they can go sign someone with the money they're supposed to have coming or they can make a trade or whatever, but Ian Happ doesn't even come close to rating as a necessity to this organization. I will trade 1,000 Ian Happs and regret nothing about it when he's off having Jed Lowrie's career for the Yankees.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3106 on: June 21, 2016, 08:43:16 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 21, 2016, 08:36:16 AM
The way I see it here is the most likely lineup for the Cubs from 2017-2020 or whatever:

C Contreras
1B Rizzo
2B Baez Ha[[, with Zobrist slowly transitioning to more of a utility role as he gets older.
3B Bryant Baez
SS Russell
LF Schwarber Bryant
CF Almora
RF Heyward.
DH Schwarber

New CBAed.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3107 on: June 21, 2016, 09:15:59 AM »

C Contreras
1B Rizzo
2B Baez, with Zobrist slowly transitioning to more of a utility role as he gets older.
3B Bryant
SS Russell
LF Schwarber
CF Almora
RF Heyward.

Maybe Almora doesn't pan out, I dunno, he's looked way more competent than I expected so I think it'll be okay, but in that worst case scenario where maybe one of their 26 and under crew doesn't work out they can go sign someone with the money they're supposed to have coming or they can make a trade or whatever, but Ian Happ doesn't even come close to rating as a necessity to this organization. I will trade 1,000 Ian Happs and regret nothing about it when he's off having Jed Lowrie's career for the Yankees.

It's crazy that there's not even room for Jorge in this lineup.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3108 on: June 21, 2016, 09:19:05 AM »
Quote from: Tony on June 21, 2016, 09:15:59 AM

C Contreras
1B Rizzo
3B Bryant
SS Russell
LF Schwarber
CF Almora
RF Heyward.

I mean I think the Schwarbler Platoon might still be a thing, and I'm guessing given Schwarber's injury and Jorge's injury history as well that the Cubs will want to have a pretty solid fourth outfielder, so I'm sure Jorge will still get his opportunities, but he's definitely running out of time to make himself indispensable.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3109 on: June 21, 2016, 09:23:29 AM »

C Contreras
1B Rizzo
3B Bryant
SS Russell
LF Schwarber
CF Almora
RF Heyward.

How can he start for the Cubs when he gets traded with Vogelbach (maybe Cangelosi, too, if Theo's feelin' generous) for Mike Trout in 2017?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3110 on: June 21, 2016, 09:32:56 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 21, 2016, 09:23:29 AM

C Contreras
1B Rizzo
3B Bryant
SS Russell
LF Schwarber
CF Almora
RF Heyward.

How can he start for the Cubs when he gets traded with Vogelbach (maybe Cangelosi, too, if Theo's feelin' generous) for Mike Trout in 2017?

We have to wait another year for Trout? That's bullshit.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3111 on: June 21, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 21, 2016, 09:19:05 AM

C Contreras
1B Rizzo
3B Bryant
SS Russell
LF Schwarber
CF Almora
RF Heyward.

I mean I think the Schwarbler Platoon might still be a thing, and I'm guessing given Schwarber's injury and Jorge's injury history as well that the Cubs will want to have a pretty solid fourth outfielder, so I'm sure Jorge will still get his opportunities, but he's definitely running out of time to make himself indispensable.

Yeah the platoon is still a really good option, but it's nuts that someone with that much talent can easily be left off this list. A few weeks ago I was doing the same thing in my head and completely forgot about Schwarber. You could forget a couple of these guys and still potentially have the best lineup in baseball.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3112 on: June 21, 2016, 09:38:57 AM »
Quote from: Tony on June 21, 2016, 09:36:00 AM

C Contreras
1B Rizzo
3B Bryant
SS Russell
LF Schwarber
CF Almora
RF Heyward.

Yeah the platoon is still a really good option, but it's nuts that someone with that much talent can easily be left off this list. A few weeks ago I was doing the same thing in my head and completely forgot about Schwarber. You could forget a couple of these guys and still potentially have the best lineup in baseball.

It is kinda funny that they are very close to basically fielding the "PROJECTED 2019 LINEUP" or whatever that Baseball America does every year that never pans out. So many times we'd hear "they're not all going to pan out" whenever we'd field fantasy lineups of Schwarber/Bryant/Rizzo/Russell/Baez all together and yet here we are. Even Almora, the one Eli and only Eli wrote off as a bust and a garbage human being, looks like he can actually maybe be a useful big league player, if not a star. Insane.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3113 on: June 21, 2016, 09:51:45 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 21, 2016, 09:38:57 AM
Quote from: Tony on June 21, 2016, 09:36:00 AM

C Contreras
1B Rizzo
3B Bryant
SS Russell
LF Schwarber
CF Almora
RF Heyward.

It is kinda funny that they are very close to basically fielding the "PROJECTED 2019 LINEUP" or whatever that Baseball America does every year that never pans out. So many times we'd hear "they're not all going to pan out" whenever we'd field fantasy lineups of Schwarber/Bryant/Rizzo/Russell/Baez all together and yet here we are. Even Almora, the one Eli and only Eli wrote off as a bust and a garbage human being, looks like he can actually maybe be a useful big league player, if not a star. Insane.

And when it looks like someone might be the guy to not pan out, they get hot. Like Jorge.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3114 on: June 21, 2016, 03:30:02 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 21, 2016, 08:25:16 AM
I don't care if it's Ian Happ or Gleyber Torres or Jesus H. Christ himself come down to pick up the mitt and try his hand at the sport, if Theo is making any prospect in the system unavailable for a trade that could help them win a World Series this year, when they will have arguably the best shot they will ever have (even accounting for how young this team is and how good it will probably be, they are historically good RIGHT NOW), because said prospect might be a better option than Zobrist or Baez at second three years from now I'm going to scream.

I don't think anyone is arguing on the other side of this.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3115 on: June 21, 2016, 03:30:50 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 21, 2016, 03:30:02 PM
I don't care if it's Ian Happ or Gleyber Torres or Jesus H. Christ himself come down to pick up the mitt and try his hand at the sport, if Theo is making any prospect in the system unavailable for a trade that could help them win a World Series this year, when they will have arguably the best shot they will ever have (even accounting for how young this team is and how good it will probably be, they are historically good RIGHT NOW), because said prospect might be a better option than Zobrist or Baez at second three years from now I'm going to scream.

Forget it--he's on a roll.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3116 on: June 21, 2016, 03:42:33 PM »

Huh. You're right. I went back and re-read it and Eli was the one being all ironclad "there's no room for Happ!'" when I assumed it was you being all "don't trade one of my precious prospects" again.

Eli, that's dumb. If Ian Happ doesn't get traded and can play they'll find a spot for him. Stop hating on Pen's precious prospects.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3117 on: June 21, 2016, 04:17:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 21, 2016, 03:42:33 PM

Huh. You're right. I went back and re-read it and Eli was the one being all ironclad "there's no room for Happ!'" when I assumed it was you being all "don't trade one of my precious prospects" again.

Eli, that's dumb. If Ian Happ doesn't get traded and can play they'll find a spot for him. Stop hating on Pen's precious prospects.

The important thing is that you had a thought and posted it. Gord forbid you miss one.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3118 on: June 21, 2016, 04:25:02 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 21, 2016, 04:17:20 PM

The important thing is that you had a thought and posted it. Gord forbid you miss one.

I think it's just animatronic robot administrator SKO.
It posts automatically whenever anyone walks into the room.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3119 on: June 21, 2016, 04:40:58 PM »
Quote from: flannj on June 21, 2016, 04:25:02 PM
Quote from: CT III on June 21, 2016, 04:17:20 PM

I think it's just animatronic robot administrator SKO.
It posts automatically whenever anyone walks into the room.

I appreciate the appropriate level of stankface that Fillmore et al are giving a black president.