News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Derrek Lee Total Sploogefest Love-a-Thon Thread  ( 76,051 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Derrek Lee Total Sploogefest Love-a-Thon Thread
« Reply #377 on: August 18, 2010, 06:14:42 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 18, 2010, 05:48:14 PM
Quote from: Night Man on August 18, 2010, 05:21:26 PM
DPD for a scouting report on future White Sox pitcher Robinson Lopez after the Cubs trade him for JAY KPEEVIE

Faggraph's take

I positive the hell out of this part.

Instead of dumping Lee's salary and getting little in return, the Cubs were aggressive, and threw cash into the deal to help coax some legitimate value out of this deal. Jim Hendry deserves major credit for this trade, as instead of spending his money on an aging first baseman on a fifth place team, he now has three more solid pitching prospects to load into his system. This is just an excellent overall pickup for Chicago.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: August 18, 2010, 06:19:09 PM »
I'll always love him. I forgive him now for the Angels thing. Hell, I'll stick with the fact that he's my favorite Cub of my lifetime. God bless, Derrek. Sorry your only ring is with the Marlins.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: August 18, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
See ya 'round, Derrek.

Tyrelle Harris has some nice K-rates. (/statfag?)  Lorick looks decent.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: August 18, 2010, 06:37:12 PM »
DPD. The first Cub game I attended at Wrigley actually wasn't until I went to a Cubs-Sox game my senior year of high school. Dad got us tickets on one of those all inclusive bus trips that us country rubes like to take to the game. That was my graduation gift. That week Derrek hadn't taken a single at-bat due to that bulging disc that bugged him for years. I was disappointed my favorite player wasn't playing but I was still excited for the game. Marquis started and pitched like shit but hit a home run. As did Joe Crede, Paul Konerko and Michael Barrett if I remember correctly. The Cubs were down 6-5 when Theriot slapped at triple down the line. Soriano tied the game (FYC), Ramirez knocked him in to give him the lead and the rookie pitcher for the Sox loaded up the bases down 7-6. Then the crowd went wild. I jostled around to see past the guy in front of me and saw Derrek taking his warm up hacks and I slapped my Dad on the shoulder to tell him. People calmed down enough that we were able to see. The first pitch was a meatball that Derrek badly missed and the methheads around me started chuckling. Three straight balls followed that and the next pitch lead to 100%, grade-a bonertime when Derecles launched it into the basket for a grand slam to make it 11-6 Cubs. I realize latching onto a player just because he did something while you were one of the 40,000 BHs in the stands is a pretty meathead notion, but fuck all of you. From here on out, Derrek Lee is enshrined in my Sports Valhalla, right next to his fat-chick railin' predecessor (minus a few Matt Stairss and Fred McGriffs).
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: August 18, 2010, 06:46:11 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 18, 2010, 06:37:12 PM
DPD. The first Cub game I attended at Wrigley actually wasn't until I went to a Cubs-Sox game my senior year of high school. Dad got us tickets on one of those all inclusive bus trips that us country rubes like to take to the game. That was my graduation gift. That week Derrek hadn't taken a single at-bat due to that bulging disc that bugged him for years. I was disappointed my favorite player wasn't playing but I was still excited for the game. Marquis started and pitched like shit but hit a home run. As did Joe Crede, Paul Konerko and Michael Barrett if I remember correctly. The Cubs were down 6-5 when Theriot slapped at triple down the line. Soriano tied the game (FYC), Ramirez knocked him in to give him the lead and the rookie pitcher for the Sox loaded up the bases down 7-6. Then the crowd went wild. I jostled around to see past the guy in front of me and saw Derrek taking his warm up hacks and I slapped my Dad on the shoulder to tell him. People calmed down enough that we were able to see. The first pitch was a meatball that Derrek badly missed and the methheads around me started chuckling. Three straight balls followed that and the next pitch lead to 100%, grade-a bonertime when Derecles launched it into the basket for a grand slam to make it 11-6 Cubs. I realize latching onto a player just because he did something while you were one of the 40,000 BHs in the stands is a pretty meathead notion, but fuck all of you. From here on out, Derrek Lee is enshrined in my Sports Valhalla, right next to his fat-chick railin' predecessor (minus a few Matt Stairss and Fred McGriffs).

I was at a fucking wedding. Checking my phone frantically in the updates. Cash bar at that wedding too. But GRANDSLAMOMGGGZZZZZZ
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: August 18, 2010, 07:02:45 PM »

Reminds me of my first game at Lambeau...
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: August 18, 2010, 07:22:26 PM »

You know who gave up that grand slam doncha? Yeah, I think you do.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: August 18, 2010, 08:48:53 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 18, 2010, 05:14:03 PM
Quote from: Eli on August 18, 2010, 04:46:39 PM
Quote from: Night Man on August 18, 2010, 04:42:26 PM
The three prospects the Cubs get, all pitchers:

RHP Robinson Lopez

RHP Tyrelle Harris

LHP Jeffrey HAIRSTON Lorick

I don't know why Jim Hendry never trades for hitters.

Trades for pitchers are underwhelming

You can never have enough pitching.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: August 18, 2010, 09:00:09 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 18, 2010, 07:22:26 PM

I just had a sharp wincing pain emanate from my taint.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: August 18, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 18, 2010, 09:00:09 PM

Was it Kyle Orton?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: August 18, 2010, 10:11:01 PM »

Is there something significant about Boone Logan that I don't know about?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: August 18, 2010, 10:14:16 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 18, 2010, 10:11:01 PM

Who gave up the granny to Pierzynski the next day? I can't fucking remember that either. Lilly?

EDIT: Neil Cotts.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: August 18, 2010, 10:19:24 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 18, 2010, 10:11:01 PM

Yeah he gave me prostate tumor cancer.