News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Mad Men - New Season  ( 41,078 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Mad Men - New Season
« Reply #180 on: July 19, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »
FYA x 17!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/2012-primetime-emmy-nominees.html

And how the hell was "Louie" not nominated for outstanding comedy series? Louis C.K. was nominated but he won't win.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 19, 2012, 01:43:04 PM
FYA x 17!

And how the hell was "Louie" not nominated for outstanding comedy series? Louis C.K. was nominated but he won't win.

It's the Emmy's...who gives a shit?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2012, 12:51:13 PM »
Quote from: CT III on July 24, 2012, 09:22:38 PM
FYA x 17!

Drug dealers.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2012, 12:56:42 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 25, 2012, 12:51:13 PM
FYA x 17!

Drug dealers.

You mean like rappers?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2012, 12:57:11 PM »
Quote from: CT III on July 25, 2012, 12:56:42 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 25, 2012, 12:51:13 PM
FYA x 17!

Drug dealers.

You mean like rappers?

Yes.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2013, 01:09:11 PM »
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/23/mad-men-set-to-return-on-april-7/

QuoteMr. Weiner said he was committed to making this the penultimate season of "Mad Men," and that this was influencing how he wrote these episodes.

"I did approach this season originally saying: 'O.K., we can't do that yet. We shouldn't do that yet. I'm saving that for here,'" he said.

But after three weeks of plotting stories this way, Mr. Weiner said his executive producers Maria and Andre Jacquemetton told him: "Just approach the season the way you always approach it — go for broke, use up everything you have, and we'll deal with it later."

"So I decided to throw it all in," Mr. Weiner said. "When you're on a show where drama is somebody watching a phone ring, you really shouldn't take out any story ideas you have."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2013, 12:07:07 AM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/hamm-mad-men-full-package-article-1.1293362

Quote"His privates are the inside joke," says our source, who adds that Hamm "knows what he's got."

A quick Google search does show that the actor appears to go commando while not on set. There's no shortage of images of him strolling down the street looking very healthy.

A rep for Hamm said: "It is ridiculous and not really funny at all. I'd appreciate you taking the high road and not resorting to something childish like this that's been blogged about 1,000 times."

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2013, 09:06:19 AM »
12 days.

Also, if anyone needs to catch up on Season 5 again (or for the first time), it's available on Netflix Instant now.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2013, 06:16:41 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 21, 2013, 12:07:07 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/hamm-mad-men-full-package-article-1.1293362

Quote"His privates are the inside joke," says our source, who adds that Hamm "knows what he's got."

A quick Google search does show that the actor appears to go commando while not on set. There's no shortage of images of him strolling down the street looking very healthy.

A rep for Hamm said: "It is ridiculous and not really funny at all. I'd appreciate you taking the high road and not resorting to something childish like this that's been blogged about 1,000 times."

After years of his wife hounding him about his sex addiction a man shows up in a psychiatrist's office.  The doctor shows him a set of Rohrschach pictures and in each one the man describes bizarre sexual positions featuring men, women, goats, some scuba gear, a kitchen utensil and a box of crayons.  The doctor asked the man to come back for a second session, and the man questioned him as to why.  Did the Doctor think that he was crazy?  To which the doctor answered, I don't know if you are crazy, but you may have the dirtiest mind that I have ever encountered.  The man answered, "I have a dirty mind?  You are the one who  owns all the dirty pictures."
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2013, 09:17:57 AM »
Much better in the opener. I still can't stand Don. But I understand Don. This show is at its best when people are actually working at an ad agency. Peggy does a fair amount of that on the show now. Score there. And I even thought the Betty stuff was captivating.

And Megan in a bikini. I had an experience.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2013, 09:38:56 AM »
This show is loaded with more sideburns than a Bort convention now.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: April 09, 2013, 12:05:13 PM »
DEATH STALKS YOU AT EVERY TURN...

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2013, 11:01:44 PM »
Trudy kicked ass.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2013, 09:03:26 AM »
When the end comes I know, they'll say just a gigolo... as life goes on without me.

For all the celebratory reaction to the Campbell butthurt, I wonder how people view Don at this point. He's pretty much giving in to his addiction now and doesn't care much whose life he crushes in the meanwhile. The shots of him living in the brothel are revelatory, in that we know how he became such a sick, twisted fuck. We've known for awhile that his deep-seated misogyny stems from the mistreatment he received from his stepmother.

But knowing that, I don't feel sorry for him. Megan kind of had it right when she mocked him, saying, "Ooooh, nobody loves Dick Whitman." Yet, she does. Granted, she's a bit clueless and wrapped up in her own life, but that's how, young beautiful women often are. It doesn't mean they deserve to be destroyed like this.

The hero of this show now, in my opinion, is Peggy. Don's your antihero.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2013, 09:28:15 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 16, 2013, 09:03:26 AM
When the end comes I know, they'll say just a gigolo... as life goes on without me.

For all the celebratory reaction to the Campbell butthurt, I wonder how people view Don at this point. He's pretty much giving in to his addiction now and doesn't care much whose life he crushes in the meanwhile. The shots of him living in the brothel are revelatory, in that we know how he became such a sick, twisted fuck. We've known for awhile that his deep-seated misogyny stems from the mistreatment he received from his stepmother.

But knowing that, I don't feel sorry for him. Megan kind of had it right when she mocked him, saying, "Ooooh, nobody loves Dick Whitman." Yet, she does. Granted, she's a bit clueless and wrapped up in her own life, but that's how, young beautiful women often are. It doesn't mean they deserve to be destroyed like this.

The hero of this show now, in my opinion, is Peggy. Don's your antihero.

Well said. Somebody somewhere on an internet page pointed out that the snippets of Don's childhood backstory we've gotten would be entirely believable as the backstory of a serial killer. I nodded and said, yes, that's a good point, internet commenter.

I'm interested in what's going to happen with this chipper young Bob fella from accounts who Ken can't stand. I get the feeling he's going to have some unfortunate shit happen to him similar to the dude who got his foot lopped off by the lawnmower.