News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Argo  ( 2,006 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Argo
« on: October 14, 2012, 01:51:54 PM »
It's good.  I wholeheartedly endorse it.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Argo
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »
I would accept your recommendation without reservation were this actually the saga of the corn starch industry.

[Edit.--I'm fucking prescient.]

[Edit 2.--Something tells me that these guys are not a voluntary affiliate of "World of Webcams."]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 11:36:38 PM »
If this were presented as a fictional story I would say no one would ever believe this.  The premise is so preposterous that no one, especially the Iranians, would suspect that these Canadians were really the 6 Americans who had escaped from the Embassy.  There is almost no action in this film once the Embassy falls.  So Affleck had to build suspense with cinematic devices.  He does it well.  He is a better director than he is an actor.  But I guess that bar is set pretty low.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 02:11:34 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 27, 2012, 11:36:38 PM
If this were presented as a fictional story I would say no one would ever believe this.  The premise is so preposterous that no one, especially the Iranians, would suspect that these Canadians were really the 6 Americans who had escaped from the Embassy.  There is almost no action in this film once the Embassy falls.  So Affleck had to build suspense with cinematic devices.  He does it well.  He is a better director than he is an actor.  But I guess that bar is set pretty low.

I don't know - have you seen Mallrats?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 03:02:39 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2012, 02:11:34 PM

I saw Chasing Amy.

[shudder]

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 07:57:52 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 28, 2012, 03:02:39 PM

I saw Chasing Amy.

[shudder]

I saw Reindeer Games.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 29, 2012, 07:57:52 AM

I saw Chasing Amy.

[shudder]

I saw Reindeer Games.

I saw Daredevil.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 09:11:23 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on October 29, 2012, 09:01:06 PM
Quote from: Fork on October 29, 2012, 07:57:52 AM

I saw Chasing Amy.

[shudder]

I saw Reindeer Games.

I saw Daredevil.

So you're the one.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 04:50:54 PM »
Tension?  I might have to get my arse cheeks surgically unclenched.  Great film - go and see it.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.