News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Martha Marcy May Marlene  ( 1,169 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Martha Marcy May Marlene
« on: November 26, 2012, 06:09:42 PM »
I don't know why, but this was one of the featured movies during our post-Thanksgiving gathering.  It's a movie about a young woman who reunites with her family after escaping from a Jones-esque sex cult in upstate New York.

It was an incredibly powerful and, at times, gut-wretching movie with an interesting plot (almost as good as An American Crime, which I thought was far more horrific).  The pacing is somewhat maddening, but the drama of the narrative is enough to overcome that.

Check it out; you may have to RedBox this one.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Martha Marcy May Marlene
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 05:15:07 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 26, 2012, 06:09:42 PM
I don't know why, but this was one of the featured movies during our post-Thanksgiving gathering.  It's a movie about a young woman who reunites with her family after escaping from a Jones-esque sex cult in upstate New York.

It was an incredibly powerful and, at times, gut-wretching movie with an interesting plot (almost as good as An American Crime, which I thought was far more horrific).  The pacing is somewhat maddening, but the drama of the narrative is enough to overcome that.

Tits?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Martha Marcy May Marlene
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 08:32:15 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 27, 2012, 05:15:07 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 26, 2012, 06:09:42 PM

Tits?

And murder, theft, and rape! It's fun for the whole family.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.