News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: PenisWrong's Humblebrag Thread  ( 14,623 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: PenisWrong's Humblebrag Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 09:16:15 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 05, 2015, 09:06:43 AM
What about 552 followers, Pex? And what if one of them is apparently Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista, blue checkmark and all?

Seriously guys why the fuck does Jose Bautista follow me on twitter? Does he hate David Ross?

This would qualify for a humblebrag if you weren't so self-aware. I read a good one on Facebook the other day from a mom who said she was worried because her son was progressing too quickly through some learning/testing shit at school and oh, no the horror, what if he has to skip a grade? Emoji emoji.

Gross.  
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 09:17:42 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 05, 2015, 09:16:15 AM
What about 552 followers, Pex? And what if one of them is apparently Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista, blue checkmark and all?

Seriously guys why the fuck does Jose Bautista follow me on twitter? Does he hate David Ross?

This would qualify for a humblebrag if you weren't so self-aware. I read a good one on Facebook the other day from a mom who said she was worried because her son was progressing too quickly through some learning/testing shit at school and oh, no the horror, what if he has to skip a grade? Emoji emoji.

Gross.  

Expert level humblebrag.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 09:26:22 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 05, 2015, 09:14:30 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 05, 2015, 09:12:32 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 05, 2015, 09:10:36 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 05, 2015, 09:08:43 AM

He follows a million people. Don't get too excited.

I'm not, I'm just legitimately baffled. I've never tweeted at or about him so I have no idea why he would have followed me even as part of a mass following spree. This isn't like being followed by THE Glendon Rusch, of which I am extremely proud.

Morrissey also follows me, Huey, but I think it's so he can favorite I every tweet I ever insult him with in an act of supreme trolling. It's patronizing and I hate him all the more for it.

Morrissey follows all of us, I think. I never followed back. If I found out Telander followed me I'd straight up block his ass.

Morrissey is, I think, an actually amusing human being if you can just accept a troll. Unlike Telander and Wittenmyer he's self-aware, he knows he's doing it, and he laughs at the people who catch on. Ever since I realized that I don't even bother actually insulting him. He's in on the joke.

You've articulated what I've come around to thinking myself.  Thanks.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2015, 09:59:42 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 05, 2015, 09:26:22 AM

I'm not, I'm just legitimately baffled. I've never tweeted at or about him so I have no idea why he would have followed me even as part of a mass following spree. This isn't like being followed by THE Glendon Rusch, of which I am extremely proud.

Morrissey also follows me, Huey, but I think it's so he can favorite I every tweet I ever insult him with in an act of supreme trolling. It's patronizing and I hate him all the more for it.

Morrissey follows all of us, I think. I never followed back. If I found out Telander followed me I'd straight up block his ass.

Morrissey is, I think, an actually amusing human being if you can just accept a troll. Unlike Telander and Wittenmyer he's self-aware, he knows he's doing it, and he laughs at the people who catch on. Ever since I realized that I don't even bother actually insulting him. He's in on the joke.

So if somebody follows one of you whores on Twitter you automatically cape up for them on the internets. That's cute.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 10:01:49 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 05, 2015, 09:59:42 AM

So if somebody follows one of you whores on Twitter you automatically cape up for them on the internets. That's cute.

I'm haven't stopped giving the guy shit.  He's still capable of gross stupidity; he's just not "gone" like Telander is.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2015, 10:05:31 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 05, 2015, 10:01:49 AM

You've articulated what I've come around to thinking myself.  Thanks.

I'm haven't stopped giving the guy shit.  He's still capable of gross stupidity; he's just not "gone" like Telander is.

The whole I'm haven't?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2015, 10:08:05 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 05, 2015, 10:05:31 AM

I'm haven't stopped giving the guy shit.  He's still capable of gross stupidity; he's just not "gone" like Telander is.

The whole I'm haven't?

Every damn last one, yeah.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2015, 10:41:22 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 05, 2015, 10:05:31 AM

The whole I'm haven't?

What about the whole I every tweet I AND the whole with in?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2015, 10:06:08 AM »
My son cried hysterically for about an hour and a half Saturday night. No stopping it. Loud, shrieking, deafening cries. Painful cries. Cries that hurt my very soul. Wasn't hungry. Obviously some kind of gas or cramp to blame. Tried every remedy we had and every thing that every old woman in our life told us to try. Nothing seemed to fit. After a while I just sat in the rocking chair with him, slowly praying for death as I gently rubbed his back.

Then he promptly farted for - no exaggeration - twenty seconds without pause.  Just take a moment to count out twenty seconds, now, the better to appreciate his achievement.  By the time he reached, probably, twelve seconds or so I was Muttleying so hard that I nearly fell off the rocker.

He then gave what I think might have been his first genuine smile ever, and slept for four and a half hours straight, as did my wife and I. It was glorious.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2015, 10:17:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 08, 2015, 10:06:08 AM
My son cried hysterically for about an hour and a half Saturday night. No stopping it. Loud, shrieking, deafening cries. Painful cries. Cries that hurt my very soul. Wasn't hungry. Obviously some kind of gas or cramp to blame. Tried every remedy we had and every thing that every old woman in our life told us to try. Nothing seemed to fit. After a while I just sat in the rocking chair with him, slowly praying for death as I gently rubbed his back.

Then he promptly farted for - no exaggeration - twenty seconds without pause.  Just take a moment to count out twenty seconds, now, the better to appreciate his achievement.  By the time he reached, probably, twelve seconds or so I was Muttleying so hard that I nearly fell off the rocker.

He then gave what I think might have been his first genuine smile ever, and slept for four and a half hours straight, as did my wife and I. It was glorious.

I wholeheartedly approve this post.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2015, 10:18:43 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 08, 2015, 10:17:12 AM

Yep.

"that first time your son discovers how goddamn satisfying a long fart is".

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2015, 01:36:58 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 08, 2015, 10:18:43 AM

Yep.

This kid is going to be really popular in high school.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2015, 03:30:53 PM »

Yep.

His next fart milestone will be "laughing at his own fart."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2015, 03:35:26 PM »
Quote from: Bort on June 08, 2015, 03:30:53 PM

Yep.

My son laughs hysterically at his own farts. Every single time. 

He actively tries to fart on me and his mother at the moment, though he spares his sister. 

It's a pretty proud time for me. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2015, 03:38:31 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 08, 2015, 03:35:26 PM
Quote from: Bort on June 08, 2015, 03:30:53 PM

Yep.

My son laughs hysterically at his own farts. Every single time. 

He actively tries to fart on me and his mother at the moment, though he spares his sister. 

It's a pretty proud time for me. 
Oh yeah. Jackson has done that a few times.

*wipes tear from eye*

They just grow up so fast.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck