News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bar-b-Q?  ( 59,717 )

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bar-b-Q?
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2008, 09:57:19 AM »
I thought something was different about Ribs Kid. That's Nightmare Ribs Kid.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2008, 09:58:03 AM »
I'm gonna try Bar-B-que Bob's next week...if it's not good, I'm gonna fuck you up drive over to Popeye's
+=

Old Style Man

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 01:16:54 PM »
Nice video. I may have to get me some Smoque when I'm up there this weekend.

http://www.chicagogluttons.com/smoque-bbq/

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2008, 01:19:35 PM »
Quote from: Old Style Man on February 12, 2008, 01:16:54 PM

go to Smoque, and a winner is most certainly you.
+=

Old Style Man

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2008, 01:21:36 PM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on February 12, 2008, 01:19:35 PM
Quote from: Old Style Man on February 12, 2008, 01:16:54 PM

go to Smoque, and a winner is most certainly you.

Oh, I've been there. It's great, but it isn't easy to decide to go there v. Hot Doug's. I haven't been to Doug's since the baseball season, so I've been fiending. We're going to try the Old Town Brasserie Saturday night, so I'll do some serious eating this weekend.

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2008, 04:48:32 PM »
I just realized last weekend that smoke daddy delivers. Now a winner is me many times in the next years. When I placed my order for a slab of ribs and fries, the guy delivered it in less than 20 minutes.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2008, 05:38:27 PM »
Quote from: BananaHands on February 12, 2008, 04:48:32 PM
I just realized last weekend that smoke daddy delivers. Now a winner is me many times in the next years. When I placed my order for a slab of ribs and fries, the guy delivered it in less than 20 minutes.

Is that the place around that River West industrial corridor near Milwaukee, Chicago and (wait for it...) Ogden?  Cuz I ate there shortly after they opened around 1999 or so and thought it sucked.  i had a pulled pork sandwich and the meat was all neatly tucked within the bun.  it was the least messy bbq sandwich I ever had and as anyone who's eaten over 1,000 lbs. of BBQ can attest to, that's not good.  Shortly after I ate there, I was reading a bunch of positive reviews about the place and it pissed me off.  Made me think someone with clout ran the place or something.  Anyway, the place is still there and people still speak well about it, so maybe I should give it another chance.  I just have a vision in my head of a BBQ sandwich that looks like it was made at Dairy Queen.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2008, 10:21:58 PM »

Where do you live? Would they come to Bucktown? Oh please say yes.

I just checked. Yes they would. Yes. They would.

BLAMMO.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2008, 07:55:33 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on February 12, 2008, 10:21:58 PM

Where do you live? Would they come to Bucktown? Oh please say yes.

I just checked. Yes they would. Yes. They would.

BLAMMO.

If they don't deliver to Bucktown, then a winner is nobody
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2008, 08:18:01 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on February 12, 2008, 05:38:27 PM

Is that the place around that River West industrial corridor near Milwaukee, Chicago and (wait for it...) Ogden?  Cuz I ate there shortly after they opened around 1999 or so and thought it sucked.  i had a pulled pork sandwich and the meat was all neatly tucked within the bun.  it was the least messy bbq sandwich I ever had and as anyone who's eaten over 1,000 lbs. of BBQ can attest to, that's not good.  Shortly after I ate there, I was reading a bunch of positive reviews about the place and it pissed me off.  Made me think someone with clout ran the place or something.  Anyway, the place is still there and people still speak well about it, so maybe I should give it another chance.  I just have a vision in my head of a BBQ sandwich that looks like it was made at Dairy Queen.

It's on Chicago avenue, just west of division.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2008, 08:50:57 AM »
Quote from: BananaHands on February 13, 2008, 08:18:01 AM

I'm on the corner of 1st and 1st?  How is that possible?

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2008, 08:54:38 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 13, 2008, 08:50:57 AM

Just west of ashland. I'm still drunk.

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2008, 09:45:13 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 13, 2008, 08:50:57 AM

You must be referring to the nexus of the universe.

berkeleycubfan

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2008, 12:29:29 PM »
I'm flying to Memphis tonight after work if anyone wants to join me for some bbq there this weekend.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008, 12:43:54 PM »
Quote from: berkeleycubfan on February 13, 2008, 12:29:29 PM
I'm flying to Memphis tonight after work if anyone wants to join me for some bbq there this weekend.

Dude, no need to fly to Memphis. You've got some fine barbecue in the bay area.