News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 157,571 )

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2012, 08:07:11 PM »
It's going to be tough to hate the Cardinals as much as I used to now that LaRussa & Pujols are gone.

But I'll find a way.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 08:23:44 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 04, 2012, 08:07:11 PM
It's going to be tough to hate the Cardinals as much as I used to now that LaRussa & Pujols are gone.

But I'll find a way.

I walked up to a TV at the gym and saw they had a 3-0 lead. The hate flowed hot and heavy. I'm going to be just fine.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2012, 08:48:13 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 04, 2012, 08:23:44 PM

But I'll find a way.

I walked up to a TV at the gym and saw they had a 3-0 lead. The hate flowed hot and heavy. I'm going to be just fine.

The day I can't arbitrarily hate something is the day I stop watching sports.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 04, 2012, 08:48:13 PM

But I'll find a way.

That's the day I stop doing everything.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2012, 10:00:49 PM »
Quote from: flannj on April 04, 2012, 09:03:00 PM

But I'll find a way.

That's the day I stop doing everything.

Touché.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2012, 11:22:06 PM »

But I'll find a way.

I'd hate not being able to hate something, so I guess I don't have to worry.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2012, 07:18:43 AM »

But I'll find a way.

Talk to a Cardinals fan. That'll jumpstart your hate engine good & proper.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2012, 07:46:50 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Matheny is going to be just as hateworthy, given time, as the Genius.  In fact, nothing would endear him to the mouthbreathing masses more than getting up our noses from day one, so we might even find that he gets up to speed within a week or two.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2012, 09:34:59 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 05, 2012, 07:18:43 AM

But I'll find a way.

I hated the Cardinals back when LaRussa was in Oakland and Pujols was in his mid-50s.  I can recapture the old-fashioned pure hate that I had for them in my youth.  I know I can.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2012, 09:46:26 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on April 05, 2012, 09:34:59 AM

But I'll find a way.

I hated the Cardinals back when LaRussa was in Oakland and Pujols was in his mid-50s.  I can recapture the old-fashioned pure hate that I had for them in my youth.  I know I can.

Cardinal-fan coworker to me this morning: "The Cardinals won the last game of last season and the first game of this season."

(despite the fact that the first games took place in Tokyo, but facts don't usually matter to Cardinal fans)

Use that to get your haterection up.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2012, 10:31:20 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 05, 2012, 09:46:26 AM

But I'll find a way.

Cardinal-fan coworker to me this morning: "The Cardinals won the last game of last season and the first game of this season."

(despite the fact that the first games took place in Tokyo, but facts don't usually matter to Cardinal fans)

*smashes cubicle*
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2012, 01:32:49 PM »
Rafael Furcal is still a Cardinal and a roided-up freak is still their hitting coach.

So, yeah, fuck them with a rusty fucking chainsaw.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2012, 01:35:10 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 05, 2012, 01:32:49 PM
Rafael Furcal is still a Cardinal and a roided-up freak is still their hitting coach.

So, yeah, fuck them with a rusty fucking chainsaw AIDSSaw.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2012, 04:55:24 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 05, 2012, 10:31:20 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 05, 2012, 09:46:26 AM

But I'll find a way.

*smashes cubicle*

*starts laying kindling around a fresh barn*

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2012, 05:28:39 PM »
http://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/to6pl/so_i_found_my_5_year_old_daughter_crying_in_the/

QuoteSo, I found my 5 year old daughter crying in the bathroom last night.

My youngest daughter was sobbing and had tears running down her face last night. She had locked herself in the bathroom and was crying like her puppy had just died.

When I asked her what was wrong she said her broher told her that since we all had Cardinals shirts on and she didn't, that she would have to root for the Cubs from now on. "I hate the Cubs, I want to root for the Cardinals but ______ said I can't anymore!. I told her that she should get her Cardinals hat on and tell her brother that he doesn't run anything but his mouth.

She slept in her hat last night.

Brainwashing- Successful.

EDIT: She has plenty of Cardinals shirts. She was just wearing something else yesterday and it was just a coincidence that everyone else had one on that day.

EDIT: Her picture with Jason Mott when she was 3. Imgur

Down-thread...

http://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/to6pl/so_i_found_my_5_year_old_daughter_crying_in_the/c4ocqza

QuoteIn all seriousness, we had all of our Little League teams go with Minor league team jerseys this year, because one of the coaches picked the Cubs and we had 7 parents refuse to let their kids wear the uniform during games, last year.

So only the 2 coaches kids wore the Cubs uniforms during games. The rest wore white t-shirts.

Now I'm picturing a full team of 9-year-old kids playing baseball with packs of Winstons rolled in their sleeves.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.