News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Friday Night Lights  ( 31,420 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Friday Night Lights
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2009, 10:10:26 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 10, 2009, 04:03:58 PM
Quote from: Slakee on March 10, 2009, 02:57:14 PM
Quote from: RV on March 10, 2009, 02:25:26 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 10, 2009, 02:17:33 PM
Quote from: Slakee on March 10, 2009, 02:07:54 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 10, 2009, 02:01:30 PM
Quote from: Slakee on March 10, 2009, 01:52:25 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 10, 2009, 01:37:52 PM
Quote from: RV on March 10, 2009, 01:14:53 PM
Quote from: Slakee on March 10, 2009, 12:40:58 PM
Possibly great news:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/happyiftruerumor-friday-night-lights-close-to-rene,24908/

Yes, I'm caught up and yes this show is steak bulbs.

That's great news. I'm not ashamed to admit that I got a little choked up like Riggins did at the end of the last episode.

Coach needing aspirin for his arm and Riggins saying "I'm pregnant" were outstanding.

Coach's scene with Saracen was absolute steak balls.  And I'm really glad that Six is gone.  Drama Queen.

You heartless bastard.

If one of these characters was eventually going to yell, "I don't want your life!" it was going to be him.  Or maybe J.D. McCoy.  Plus, now Riggins will have more time to nail every piece of tail in Dillon.  I love how he never goes to practice.

Riggins is awesome. But JD is definitely the I Don't Want Your Life guy. Maybe if ratings get any lower they'll have JD murder his dad.

I want to hit JD's dad in the face.  I'm thinking Coach Taylor decks him at some point.

More on JD and his dad here: http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1127063/index.htm

So everyone except JD and Julie's boobs are graduating after this year, right? They should bring in the casting director from Saved by the Bell: The New Class for the 4th season.

Julie's boobs need to graduate to my face.

That girl seems like she has no idea how fantastic her boobs are.  And I like that about her.

Oh she knows. She just wants you to think she doesn't know. Tits like that are hard to go unnoticed

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2009, 10:17:56 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 11, 2009, 10:10:26 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 10, 2009, 04:03:58 PM
Quote from: Slakee on March 10, 2009, 02:57:14 PM
Quote from: RV on March 10, 2009, 02:25:26 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 10, 2009, 02:17:33 PM
Quote from: Slakee on March 10, 2009, 02:07:54 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 10, 2009, 02:01:30 PM
Quote from: Slakee on March 10, 2009, 01:52:25 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 10, 2009, 01:37:52 PM
Quote from: RV on March 10, 2009, 01:14:53 PM
Quote from: Slakee on March 10, 2009, 12:40:58 PM
Possibly great news:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/happyiftruerumor-friday-night-lights-close-to-rene,24908/

Yes, I'm caught up and yes this show is steak bulbs.

That's great news. I'm not ashamed to admit that I got a little choked up like Riggins did at the end of the last episode.

Coach needing aspirin for his arm and Riggins saying "I'm pregnant" were outstanding.

Coach's scene with Saracen was absolute steak balls.  And I'm really glad that Six is gone.  Drama Queen.

You heartless bastard.

If one of these characters was eventually going to yell, "I don't want your life!" it was going to be him.  Or maybe J.D. McCoy.  Plus, now Riggins will have more time to nail every piece of tail in Dillon.  I love how he never goes to practice.

Riggins is awesome. But JD is definitely the I Don't Want Your Life guy. Maybe if ratings get any lower they'll have JD murder his dad.

I want to hit JD's dad in the face.  I'm thinking Coach Taylor decks him at some point.

More on JD and his dad here: http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1127063/index.htm

So everyone except JD and Julie's boobs are graduating after this year, right? They should bring in the casting director from Saved by the Bell: The New Class for the 4th season.

Julie's boobs need to graduate to my face.

That girl seems like she has no idea how fantastic her boobs are.  And I like that about her.

Oh she knows. She just wants you to think she doesn't know. Tits like that are hard to go unnoticed

Especially when she's trying to tie her shoes, I bet.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2009, 12:03:25 PM »
Anyone else irritated at the "announcer" blowing Aikman after Coach Taylor got ejected because they happened to win the game? Seemed too easy. I know they have to create drama, but that was annoying.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2009, 09:50:13 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 21, 2009, 12:03:25 PM
Anyone else irritated at the "announcer" blowing Aikman after Coach Taylor got ejected because they happened to win the game? Seemed too easy. I know they have to create drama, but that was annoying.

Hated that part.  Beside the boobs, Coach and Riggins are the heart of the show.  What I do love is Coach's expressions.  When Seracen goes to his house to take Bewbs to the "movies," Mrs. Coach tells him to go out back with Coach while she goes gets Bewbs.  Saracen's face is priceless.  Even more priceless is Coach's frantic srubbing of the BBQ pit.  The man is panting he's so incensed.  But, there's something about Saracen that he knows is okay so he can't be too mad.  Also of note...Coach's hair is always crazy.  It's always strewn about, like he's so stressed out.

And, I like the J. D. kid.  His dad deserves a Weed Wacker to the groin, though.  Dad McCoy totally dadcockblocked him from getting with that redhead from heaven...Madison or Mercedes or MyGordShe'sHot.  Had my dad tried that shit on me, he would have gotten a Nike to the eardrum.  Now way I'm passing that up for State.  Mom McCoy freaked me the hell out at first, but she's turning out to be okay, too.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2009, 10:04:58 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 23, 2009, 09:50:13 AM

Hated that part.  Beside the boobs, Coach and Riggins are the heart of the show.  What I do love is Coach's expressions.  When Seracen goes to his house to take Bewbs to the "movies," Mrs. Coach tells him to go out back with Coach while she goes gets Bewbs.  Saracen's face is priceless.  Even more priceless is Coach's frantic srubbing of the BBQ pit.  The man is panting he's so incensed.  But, there's something about Saracen that he knows is okay so he can't be too mad.  Also of note...Coach's hair is always crazy.  It's always strewn about, like he's so stressed out.

And, I like the J. D. kid.  His dad deserves a Weed Wacker to the groin, though.  Dad McCoy totally dadcockblocked him from getting with that redhead from heaven...Madison or Mercedes or MyGordShe'sHot.  Had my dad tried that shit on me, he would have gotten a Nike to the eardrum.  Now way I'm passing that up for State.  Mom McCoy freaked me the hell out at first, but she's turning out to be okay, too.

Yeah Mama Mccoy is turning out to be an okay broad. And she doesn't mind exposing her funjammers so that's nice.

I'm torn on whether or not they should continue the show after this season...on the one hand, Coach/Mrs. Taylor/Buddy are great characters and could probably justify a show just by themselves. On the other, although JD has some potential, it's going to be tough to replace characters like Riggins, Saracen and Landry.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this season though. I liked Coach's calm walk to the bar across the street from the stadium, letting us know that him going apeshit on the officials was all part of the plan.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2009, 10:07:01 AM »
Quote from: RV on March 23, 2009, 10:04:58 AM

Yeah Mama Mccoy is turning out to be an okay broad. And she doesn't mind exposing her funjammers so that's nice.

I'm torn on whether or not they should continue the show after this season...on the one hand, Coach/Mrs. Taylor/Buddy are great characters and could probably justify a show just by themselves. On the other, although JD has some potential, it's going to be tough to replace characters like Riggins, Saracen and Landry.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this season though. I liked Coach's calm walk to the bar across the street from the stadium, letting us know that him going apeshit on the officials was all part of the plan.

There should be a show with just Buddy and Grandma Saracen.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2009, 10:21:21 AM »

Though it was part of the plan, if I was an overreacting announcer douchebag (instead I just overreact) I would have gone nuts talking about how Coach Taylor's ejection fired up the team and propelled them to victory instead of saying that we have a new coaching star in Coach Aikman. I haven't trusted Aikman since he showed up and I never will.

That said if this show gets the rumored two year extension you still have Bewbies Taylor for at least one more season and JD. We don't know if Saracen is definitely going to college, do we?  Riggins is going for now, but who knows if that comes to fruition. Lyla is apparently fucked. Tyra isn't going anywhere, she's a Dillon lifer. Landry is going to be a movie star/rock star/inventor of something awesome that everyone will love.

They need to introduce and develop a couple more young players who can stick around for a couple years.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2009, 11:00:35 AM »

And after they won, when he said, "You got whiskey in here?"
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2009, 10:38:15 AM »
So it's been renewed for 2 more years. Fucking awesome.

I also went ahead and torrented the rest of the season and now I'm done. Goddamn it - I wish that these actors were slaves and they had to make a show every day while I was at work so I could watch it when I got home.

It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Looking forward to discussing the ending of season three. It's a doozy. I love the set up.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2009, 10:50:14 AM »
Anybody else love Coach's expressions?  Like, in the opening scene when he's trying to find the creamer for his coffee and Mrs. Coach says that they're out, but he can taste her's..."It's real good."  (Mrs. Coach sips coffee).  Coach looks at her like he's going to dropkick her in the shoulderblade.  And, when he's talking with Buddy at the dealership about the redistricting...he looks bewildered.  And, when Mrs. Coach is asking him about the redistricting, again...bewilderment.  His expressions crack me and the missus up constantly.

Oh, and it looks like we can add Madison to the list of irresistable broads on the show.  Day-um.

J. D. McCoy's dad is a douchemissilerocketbazookaclaymoreminebouncingbetty wrapped in turd fabric covered in a cloak of suck.  I really hate that guy.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2009, 11:06:07 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 30, 2009, 10:50:14 AM
Anybody else love Coach's expressions?  Like, in the opening scene when he's trying to find the creamer for his coffee and Mrs. Coach says that their out, but he can taste her's..."It's real good."  (Mrs. Coach sips coffee).  Coach looks at her like he's going to dropkick her in the shoulderblade.  And, when he's talking with Buddy at the dealership about the redistricting...he looks bewildered.  And, when Mrs. Coach is asking him about the redistricting, again...bewilderment.  His expressions crack me and the missus up constantly.

Oh, and it looks like we can add Madison to the list of irresistable broads on the show.  Day-um.

J. D. McCoy's dad is a douchemissilerocketbazookaclaymoreminebouncingbetty wrapped in turd fabric covered in a cloak of suck.  I really hate that guy.

Coach is just awesome, period. He's the perfect coach. You can tell he cares deeply about everyone's well being but he never, ever gets too excited about anything or shows positive emotion.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2009, 11:14:46 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 30, 2009, 11:06:07 AM
Anybody else love Coach's expressions?  Like, in the opening scene when he's trying to find the creamer for his coffee and Mrs. Coach says that their out, but he can taste her's..."It's real good."  (Mrs. Coach sips coffee).  Coach looks at her like he's going to dropkick her in the shoulderblade.  And, when he's talking with Buddy at the dealership about the redistricting...he looks bewildered.  And, when Mrs. Coach is asking him about the redistricting, again...bewilderment.  His expressions crack me and the missus up constantly.

Coach is just awesome, period. He's the perfect coach. You can tell he cares deeply about everyone's well being but he never, ever gets too excited about anything or shows positive emotion.

Kyle Chandler is absolutely terrific in that role.  And did anyone else get a little teary-eyed when Mrs. Wyatt Earp told smoking hot Tyra how awesome she is?  No?  Just me?  Well, I'd been drinking, so screw you all.

Coach Taylor needs to bust McCoy in his face.  And little McCoy needs to bust something else in Madison's face.  Like a NUT.  Right, guys?
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2009, 11:25:09 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 30, 2009, 11:14:46 AM

Kyle Chandler is absolutely terrific in that role.  And did anyone else get a little teary-eyed when Mrs. Wyatt Earp told smoking hot Tyra how awesome she is?  No?  Just me?  Well, I'd been drinking, so screw you all.

Coach Taylor needs to bust McCoy in his face.  And little McCoy needs to bust something else in Madison's face.  Like a NUT.  Right, guys?

Funny you think of her as Mrs. Earp - I think of her as Fletch's lady friend. Goddamn her boobs got big.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2009, 11:28:55 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 30, 2009, 11:25:09 AM

Funny you think of her as Mrs. Earp - I think of her as Fletch's lady friend. Goddamn her boobs got big.

She's in a competition with JD's mom to see who can expose the most 40 year old boob.

Great news on the renewal. As long as Coach and Mrs. Coach are around I'm confident it won't suck. I hope we get to see a Crucifictorious World Tour (maybe opening for Wyld Stallyns?) storyline the next couple seasons.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2009, 11:29:29 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 30, 2009, 11:25:09 AM

Like, when she was running to get the door at the beginning of the bridal shower?  My eyes hurt after that, but in a good way.  After her little jog to the front door, the wife and I, in tandem (heh), let out an audible "Holy shit!"