News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011-12 Blackhawks: No Longer Accepting Mediocrity or Tolerating Bullshit  ( 32,336 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on July 05, 2011, 08:56:53 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 05, 2011, 08:19:41 AM
My manlove for the Andrew Brunette signing is unhealthy.

On the other hand, CT will be heartbroken to hear Garnett Exelby has signed a two-way deal with Detroit.

I would be, but I'm still trying to process the fact that the Rangers gave 9 years and $60MM to a guy who is basically Craig Janney.

After the deals Edmonton gave Barker & Eager, and all that gorgeous scratch in FLA, and that's the one that's hard to process?

Seriously, I would have loved Richards for 5-6 years, but now I'm hoping the Rangers' cap fallout results in Brandon Dubinsky wearing an Indian head.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on July 05, 2011, 11:25:52 AM

On the other hand, CT will be heartbroken to hear Garnett Exelby has signed a two-way deal with Detroit.

I would be, but I'm still trying to process the fact that the Rangers gave 9 years and $60MM to a guy who is basically Craig Janney.

After the deals Edmonton gave Barker & Eager, and all that gorgeous scratch in FLA, and that's the one that's hard to process?

Seriously, I would have loved Richards for 5-6 years, but now I'm hoping the Rangers' cap fallout results in Brandon Dubinsky wearing an Indian head.

Well, Florida had to spend their way to the salary floor, and Edmonton is a fucking cow town that nobody but Ryan Smythe wants to live in.  I know there's a lot of man-love for Brad Richards on these here internets, but I see him as more of a "final piece of the puzzle" than a cornerstone player.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on July 05, 2011, 11:53:38 AM

Well, Florida had to spend their way to the salary floor, and Edmonton is a fucking cow town that nobody but Ryan Smythe wants to live in.  I know there's a lot of man-love for Brad Richards on these here internets, but I see him as more of a "final piece of the puzzle" than a cornerstone player.

What's so hard to understand about the words "Glen Sather"?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 05, 2011, 12:17:30 PM

Of course, those far more talented than anyone around these parts describe the bidding war perfectly.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Congrats to Andrew Ladd for his 5 year deal with Winnipeg. They're going to love him and I'm going to continue to miss him.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on July 05, 2011, 12:54:11 PM
Congrats to Andrew Ladd for his 5 year deal with Winnipeg. They're going to love him and I'm going to continue to miss him.

I'm sad.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on July 05, 2011, 12:53:24 PM

Of course, those far more talented than anyone around these parts describe the bidding war perfectly.

Did you know that DGB has hooked up with the National Post blog?

I only noticed this because I hit up Google News for info on Richards' contract and the top result was this:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/07/05/an-inside-look-at-how-richards-got-richer/

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 05, 2011, 01:10:20 PM
Quote from: Fork on July 05, 2011, 12:53:24 PM

Did you know that DGB has hooked up with the National Post blog?

I only noticed this because I hit up Google News for info on Richards' contract and the top result was this:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/07/05/an-inside-look-at-how-richards-got-richer/

Sean's been doing that for a while. Not nearly as surprising as him appearing on a TV talk panel on concussions with Ken Dryden.
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
DPD.

Michael Frolik in for 3 years, $7 million.

Sami Lepisto signed a one-year deal as well, terms not yet disclosed.

Reports are that Chris Campoli wants 3 mildo. Hawks might just let him walk after arbitration.
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
We should also note for the record Stalberg's re-signing a few days ago at $1.75MM/2 years, which seems like a nice number.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 15, 2011, 01:30:10 PM
We should also note for the record Stalberg's re-signing a few days ago at $1.75MM/2 years, which seems like a nice number.

Also a very tradeable number.
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on July 15, 2011, 01:46:27 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 15, 2011, 01:30:10 PM

Also a very tradeable number.

We get it, Fork. You think Viktor Stalberg is a pussy.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110715/sports/707159725/

StanBo officially calls off negotiations with Campoli.

1 year @ $750K for Lepisto.