News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015 NLCS Thread: Chicago Cubs vs. New York Mets  ( 34,677 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015 NLCS Thread: Chicago Cubs vs. New York Mets
« Reply #360 on: October 21, 2015, 03:16:18 PM »
At this point I think approximately 82% of Desipio posts consist of Fork and SKO arguing the same point over and over again.

At least if the season ends tonight we can maybe shift gears to some different arguments.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #361 on: October 21, 2015, 03:19:16 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 21, 2015, 03:16:18 PM
At this point I think approximately 82% of Desipio posts consist of Fork and SKO arguing the same point over and over again.

At least if the season ends tonight we can maybe shift gears to some different arguments.

I can talk about David Ross if that helps
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: October 21, 2015, 03:22:37 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 21, 2015, 03:12:42 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 21, 2015, 03:05:17 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on October 21, 2015, 03:03:24 PM
Look, anybody but the fucking Cardinals. The Cubs kicked their asses so that makes this better than any other Cubs season since 1945. It's the best I've ever had.

I'm going to miss it.

I think most everyone is agreed on this, and it definitely isn't going to be looked on with the bitterness of '03 or '08 (unless 2016 ends up with an underachieving team of assholes like 2004 and they never get back here), but I think there's nothing wrong with letting people be mad right now and not trying to talk everyone down with "YEAR AHEAD OF SCHEDULE" stuff.

If the Cubs season ends at the hands of the Mets...

The 2009 Blackhawks, like it or not, is still applicable as fuck here.

And we won't look back on the 2015 Cubs sadly in years to come, but we'll remember it as the year that a bunch of young players all figured it all out with the guidance of the perfect guy that was brought in to get the most out of the team.

And in 6 years, we'll all have multiple World Series Champions hats and shirts, and there will be young guys putting their Hall of Fame credentials together, and their manager will get his plaque the second he hangs it up.

But if they want to alter the comparison by making some fucking history not raping anybody (allegedly), that would be something. And I'd give shirtless hugs all around.

Even you, Oleg.

Un-Kane'd.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #363 on: October 21, 2015, 03:24:14 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 21, 2015, 03:15:35 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 21, 2015, 03:12:42 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 21, 2015, 03:05:17 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on October 21, 2015, 03:03:24 PM
Look, anybody but the fucking Cardinals. The Cubs kicked their asses so that makes this better than any other Cubs season since 1945. It's the best I've ever had.

I'm going to miss it.

I think most everyone is agreed on this, and it definitely isn't going to be looked on with the bitterness of '03 or '08 (unless 2016 ends up with an underachieving team of assholes like 2004 and they never get back here), but I think there's nothing wrong with letting people be mad right now and not trying to talk everyone down with "YEAR AHEAD OF SCHEDULE" stuff.

If the Cubs season ends at the hands of the Mets...

The 2009 Blackhawks, like it or not, is still applicable as fuck here.

And we won't look back on the 2015 Cubs sadly in years to come, but we'll remember it as the year that a bunch of young players all figured it all out with the guidance of the perfect guy that was brought in to get the most out of the team.

And in 6 years, we'll all have multiple World Series Champions hats and shirts, and there will be young guys putting their Hall of Fame credentials together, and their manager will get his plaque the second he hangs it up.

But if they want to alter the comparison by making some fucking history, that would be something. And I'd give shirtless hugs all around.

Even you, Oleg.

*sets up lawn chair*

*opens beer*

*waits for exasperated responses*

*takes deep breath*

Nevermind.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #364 on: October 21, 2015, 03:36:08 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 21, 2015, 03:10:33 PM
People are free to cope however they see fit.  However, I reserve the right to soundly mock anyone who breaks out the "TRADE BRYANT AND RIZZO DEY SUCK IN THE PLAYOFFS" shit that I've actually heard a few times in the Score today.

No.  You're making this up, right?  Because anyone who thinks this can't possibly know how to dial a phone.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #365 on: October 21, 2015, 03:40:11 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 21, 2015, 03:36:08 PM
Quote from: CT III on October 21, 2015, 03:10:33 PM
People are free to cope however they see fit.  However, I reserve the right to soundly mock anyone who breaks out the "TRADE BRYANT AND RIZZO DEY SUCK IN THE PLAYOFFS" shit that I've actually heard a few times in the Score today.

No.  You're making this up, right?  Because anyone who thinks this can't possibly know how to dial a phone.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #366 on: October 21, 2015, 03:56:13 PM »
Quote from: R-V on October 21, 2015, 03:16:18 PM

Big talk for a dead man.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #367 on: October 21, 2015, 04:21:45 PM »
Look all, we're going to watch this game tonight.  I know some you don't want to, that this series has been a cold shower after the orgasmic high of beating the Cardinals, but you're still gonna do it.

And no matter what happens, we're going to bed unsatisfied tonight.  A loss ends what has been a gloriously fun season, watching a team full of young guys discover (or rediscover) their talents until they finally pieced the whole thing together and ran roughshod on the NL for the last two months of the season.

A win and, well, we get to do it all over again on Thursday, the only difference being that the faint glimmer of hope we have now will be just a little bit brighter.

All other talk can wait.  There will be time to reminisce on the past and speculate on the future when the offseason gets here.  Tonight, the Cubs have one mission before them, and that's to win one game.  They can do that.  Even the 1980 Cubs won at least one game.  Be this the last day of the 2015 season or the first day of the rest of it, I want to say I've very much enjoyed the revived baseball talk and return of names from the past on this here baseball board. 

Now let's get these fuckers.

Once more unto the breach, my friends, once more.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #368 on: October 21, 2015, 04:30:41 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 21, 2015, 04:21:45 PM
Look all, we're going to watch this game tonight.  I know some you don't want to, that this series has been a cold shower after the orgasmic high of beating the Cardinals, but you're still gonna do it.

And no matter what happens, we're going to bed unsatisfied tonight.  A loss ends what has been a gloriously fun season, watching a team full of young guys discover (or rediscover) their talents until they finally pieced the whole thing together and ran roughshod on the NL for the last two months of the season.

A win and, well, we get to do it all over again on Thursday, the only difference being that the faint glimmer of hope we have now will be just a little bit brighter.

All other talk can wait.  There will be time to reminisce on the past and speculate on the future when the offseason gets here.  Tonight, the Cubs have one mission before them, and that's to win one game.  They can do that.  Even the 1980 Cubs won at least one game.  Be this the last day of the 2015 season or the first day of the rest of it, I want to say I've very much enjoyed the revived baseball talk and return of names from the past on this here baseball board. 

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #369 on: October 21, 2015, 04:36:24 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 21, 2015, 04:30:41 PM
Quote from: CT III on October 21, 2015, 04:21:45 PM

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #370 on: October 21, 2015, 07:21:05 PM »
If you're going to pitch like a pussy, at least put one of their fucking guys on the DL Hammel.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #371 on: October 21, 2015, 07:22:51 PM »
I hope Hammel gives himself the Cardinals accident special in the off season.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #372 on: October 21, 2015, 07:24:10 PM »
Are you fucking kidding me, Jason Hammel?  Holy shit he's awful.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #373 on: October 21, 2015, 07:27:05 PM »
Need to resurrect the Gutless Fucking Asshole thread for Hammel.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #374 on: October 21, 2015, 07:31:12 PM »
Totally Realistic 2016 Rotation, you are my only comfort.

1. Jake Arrieta
2. David Price
3. Zack Greinke
4. Jon Lester
5. Tyson Ross

Kyle Hendricks: long relief or Iowa (or instructs, or the Dominican League, or San Diego, or "brainy" pitching coach for Mesa)
Jason Hammel: MIA, never heard from again, presumed dead
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?