News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Aardsma  ( 17,448 )

CT

• President of the Joe Kmak Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Aardsma
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 04:14:36 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 28, 2006, 04:06:37 PM
Quote from: berserker on March 27, 2006, 04:35:09 PM
Hey,,,we fought the American Revolution so we could speak American instead of English. Well, that and English food (Sorry Tonker- if you like eels, that's cool I guess)

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it, Fork.  There's nothing like a nice plate of jellied eels to go with your warm beer.  David Beckham gets them flown (or possibly, swum?) to him in Madrid, and a man of his obvious taste should know.

Besides, everybody knows that all Americans, deep down inside, would love to be British.  Come on, 'fess up - you know you love it.

Not me, I just want to live in whatever bizarre, alternate reality it is that Milford exists in.
A day job? In an office? My worst nightmare come true!

berserker

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 04:20:39 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 28, 2006, 04:06:37 PM
Quote from: berserker on March 27, 2006, 04:35:09 PM
Hey,,,we fought the American Revolution so we could speak American instead of English. Well, that and English food (Sorry Tonker- if you like eels, that's cool I guess)

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it, Fork.  There's nothing like a nice plate of jellied eels to go with your warm beer.  David Beckham gets them flown (or possibly, swum?) to him in Madrid, and a man of his obvious taste should know.

Besides, everybody knows that all Americans, deep down inside, would love to be British.  Come on, 'fess up - you know you love it.

If nothing else, Posh Becks looks kinda like an eel.

Oh, and you've got Paul Weller...I'll give you that one.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 04:25:40 PM »
Quote from: berserker on March 28, 2006, 04:20:39 PM

Ah, the Modfather.  He's indisputably the World's coolest man - cooler than the other side of my pillow.  He appeared at the Brit Awards the other day, wearing a four-button navy blue pinstripe suit.  He was looking SHARP, and left everyone else feeling a little shabby, I would imagine.

I went to see him live in Munich a couple of years ago (with Ocean Colour Scene as his "backing" band), and there were only about 200 of us there.  Bloody marvellous.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

berserker

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 04:41:39 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 28, 2006, 04:25:40 PM
Quote from: berserker on March 28, 2006, 04:20:39 PM

Ah, the Modfather.  He's indisputably the World's coolest man - cooler than the other side of my pillow.  He appeared at the Brit Awards the other day, wearing a four-button navy blue pinstripe suit.  He was looking SHARP, and left everyone else feeling a little shabby, I would imagine.

I went to see him live in Munich a couple of years ago (with Ocean Colour Scene as his "backing" band), and there were only about 200 of us there.  Bloody marvellous.

Saw the Jam in '82, I think my ears are still ringing from that one.

The Gallaghers keep trying to be two John Lennons, they'd be better off trying to be two Modfathers

TG

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2006, 05:33:20 PM »
Well, in case anyone is wondering, here's what an Aardsma looks like:

berserker

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2006, 06:11:30 PM »
Quote from: TG on March 31, 2006, 05:33:20 PM

Excellent beyond words.

TW

• 2005 Desipio Deadpool Winner and resident DBF fellater.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2006, 08:18:50 PM »

Perhaps while receiving one?
Eminem has to cuss in his raps to sell records.  Well...me too...so fuck Will Smith.

berserker

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2006, 08:29:26 PM »

Maybe someone told him what an "Aardsma" was

Slaky311

• Resident Aardsmologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2006, 01:38:40 AM »

TG, I salute you! The Aardsma jersey will be ordered this weekend.

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2006, 01:13:52 PM »
Quote from: berserker on March 28, 2006, 04:41:39 PM

The Gallaghers keep trying to be two John Lennons, they'd be better off trying to be two Modfathers

If they would only go the way of the Stone Roses, I can enjoy them a lot more.  Britain also has Q 4 Music magazine, which is one of the cooler music magz around, if onl;y the British music scene is so like a soap opera, mostly thanks to the Gallaghers.  Good airplane reading fun.
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2006, 05:39:58 PM »

Anybody else catch this guy's performance on the tube this afternoon? Very Farnsworthian. Many impressive fastballs set up a breaking ball he couldn't locate. In the end he gave up a run that tied the game. The defense wasn't his friend but he managed to fan three on mostly heaters that move all over the place. If he learns to throw that breaker within spitting distance of the strikezone he'll be filthy. Til then he'll be in Iowa dry shaving his...you know.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2006, 06:18:47 PM »
I caught it.  I liked Brownlie, too.  He's got a hard curve and bushy sideburns.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Huey

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2006, 06:29:32 PM »
And let's hope Lucky stays healthy.  Watching Angel Pai Gow patrol center brought back memories of Dwight Smith out there.

TG

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2006, 07:41:09 PM »
Quote from: Huey on April 01, 2006, 06:29:32 PM
And let's hope Lucky stays healthy.  Watching Angel Pai Gow patrol center brought back memories of Dwight Smith out there.

I'm sure if Lucky gets hurt we can just rush Pie to the majors. That should go fine.

Slaky311

• Resident Aardsmologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2006, 09:18:07 PM »
Quote from: Apex on April 01, 2006, 05:39:58 PM

Anybody else catch this guy's performance on the tube this afternoon? Very Farnsworthian. Many impressive fastballs set up a breaking ball he couldn't locate. In the end he gave up a run that tied the game. The defense wasn't his friend but he managed to fan three on mostly heaters that move all over the place. If he learns to throw that breaker within spitting distance of the strikezone he'll be filthy. Til then he'll be in Iowa dry shaving his...you know.

You know I saw it. This is my guy after all.

He looks like what I expect. A young guy with lots of talent but he doesnt have a breaking ball at all. His fastball is pretty sick, but I can't see him being successful over an extended period of time in the majors right now. Too bad I've already latched on to the Aardsma bandwagon like Jumbo Jim H. latches onto a long john.

Addendum: JD, thats a sweet avatar there.