News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Fuck You Carlos Silva thread  ( 29,440 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Fuck You Carlos Silva thread
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2010, 08:51:26 AM »
Quote from: MAD on July 20, 2010, 08:42:23 AM
I know he's probably worn down from all of the wear and tear, and his fastball is consequently much more hittable, and he can be kind of a crazy asshole, but I'm thinking this Carlos Zambrano guy might do better than what was given last night, yes?

Depends on who you ask. Ask a typical Cubs fan, they'll say that Z's Clubhouse Presence doesn't match up with one Silva thus rendering him useless on the mound, and allowing him to give up home run after home run.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2010, 08:56:54 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 20, 2010, 08:51:26 AM
I know he's probably worn down from all of the wear and tear, and his fastball is consequently much more hittable, and he can be kind of a crazy asshole, but I'm thinking this Carlos Zambrano guy might do better than what was given last night, yes?

Depends on who you ask. Ask a typical Cubs fan, they'll say that Z's Clubhouse Presence doesn't match up with one Silva thus rendering him useless on the mound, and allowing him to give up home run after home run.

Let's not ignore the fact that in all honesty, Z may be have become extremely hittable.  I'm only arguing that he can't be worse than what Silva's regressing toward for the next 3 months.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2010, 10:01:39 AM »
Quote from: MAD on July 20, 2010, 08:56:54 AM

Let's not ignore the fact that in all honesty, Z may be have become extremely hittable.  I'm only arguing that he can't be worse than what Silva's regressing toward for the next 3 months.

I think Silva needs a couple weeks to get that problem behind his knee calmed down. I know that watching Cubs baseball is very difficult for most of us to do these days. But what actually happened in real life is that Silva left his start two weeks ago in Phoenix with some sort of pull behind his left(?) knee. There was debate whether he'd make his start vs. L.A. and even in warmups you saw him landing awkwardly on that leg and not bending over (||) and driving through. Consequently pitches lost velocity, hung up in the zone and got whacked (||). So he had the All-Star Break and four days to recover but didn't. It's not like he's regressing to suck, but it's that he's Carlos Silva and something is physically wrong again.

The Cubs need somebody to take a couple of starts so the question remains who or whom or what. I vote Kevin Hart.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2010, 10:04:02 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 20, 2010, 10:01:39 AM

I think Silva needs a couple weeks to get that problem behind his knee calmed down. I know that watching Cubs baseball is very difficult for most of us to do these days. But what actually happened in real life is that Silva left his start two weeks ago in Phoenix with some sort of pull behind his left(?) knee. There was debate whether he'd make his start vs. L.A. and even in warmups you saw him landing awkwardly on that leg and not bending over (||) and driving through. Consequently pitches lost velocity, hung up in the zone and got whacked (||). So he had the All-Star Break and four days to recover but didn't. It's not like he's regressing to suck, but it's that he's Carlos Silva and something is physically wrong again.

The Cubs need somebody to take a couple of starts so the question remains who or whom or what. I vote Kevin Hart.

Why do Cubs fans hate Sean Marshall?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2010, 10:07:22 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 20, 2010, 10:04:02 AM

Because when he starts he sucks and when he relieves he's good? Could be that he only has two pitches that work and the curve stops surprising people the second or third time through the order? Could be that he lacks stamina. Could be that he hates us too.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2010, 10:28:46 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 20, 2010, 10:07:22 AM

Because when he starts he sucks and when he relieves he's good? Could be that he only has two pitches that work and the curve stops surprising people the second or third time through the order? Could be that he lacks stamina. Could be that he hates us too.

Could be.  I guess Cashner could start a few games, but then he'd be required to throw some strikes every so often.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2010, 10:39:56 AM »

I'd have more sympathy for Silva if I didn't think his knee issues were related to him being a fatass who hasn't made any attempt to get himself into shape.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2010, 10:54:46 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 20, 2010, 10:28:46 AM

Could be.  I guess Cashner could start a few games, but then he'd be required to throw some strikes every so often.

Strikes are overrated.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2010, 10:58:28 AM »
Quote from: CT III on July 20, 2010, 10:39:56 AM

I'd have more sympathy for Silva if I didn't think his knee issues were related to him being a fatass who hasn't made any attempt to get himself into shape.

I wouldn't.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2010, 10:59:30 AM »
FIREBARN them all.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2010, 10:59:58 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 20, 2010, 10:54:46 AM

Strikes are overrated.

Please don't read my post as advocating for him throwing knee high fastballs in succession.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2010, 11:17:04 AM »
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2010, 11:26:59 AM »

Jayj Ackson?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2010, 11:48:08 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 20, 2010, 11:26:59 AM

Jayj Ackson?

I like the youth movement idea, but these kids aren't really being asked to play in a low pressure, get experience scenario.
They are being asked to make an immediate impact and if they do, we're right back in it. What a joke.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 20, 2010, 11:48:08 AM
Quote from: R-V on July 20, 2010, 11:26:59 AM

Jayj Ackson?

I like the youth movement idea, but these kids aren't really being asked to play in a low pressure, get experience scenario.
They are being asked to make an immediate impact and if they do, we're right back in it. What a joke.

Playing for a team that's 10 games out of first is a high-pressure situation?