News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jake Arrieta 2017 Salary Drive Sploogefest  ( 71,745 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jake Arrieta Premature Ejaculation Thread
« Reply #450 on: April 22, 2016, 11:57:39 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on April 22, 2016, 07:23:22 AM
I take back what I said, and reiterate: Jake Arrieta is the greatest Cubs pitcher I've ever seen. Greg Maddux can suck it.

THIS.

Greg Maddux is the best Braves pitcher I've ever seen. Take his fucking retired number down and quit pretending like it belongs there you fucking dipshits.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #451 on: April 22, 2016, 02:35:33 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 22, 2016, 11:57:39 AM
I take back what I said, and reiterate: Jake Arrieta is the greatest Cubs pitcher I've ever seen. Greg Maddux can suck it.

THIS.

Greg Maddux is the best Braves pitcher I've ever seen. Take his fucking retired number down and quit pretending like it belongs there you fucking dipshits.

Warren Spahn wants a word with you.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #452 on: April 22, 2016, 02:39:46 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 22, 2016, 02:35:33 PM

THIS.

I expected to get all indignant about this post.  On a per year basis, Maddux was amazing.  But Spahn pitched for many more years with The Braves than Maddux had.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #453 on: April 22, 2016, 02:53:37 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 22, 2016, 02:39:46 PM

THIS.

I expected to get all indignant about this post.  On a per year basis, Maddux was amazing.  But Spahn pitched for many more years with The Braves than Maddux had.

I never saw Warren Spahn tho, so...

I did call his wife up on the phone and talk to her once. Swear to God. I used to conduct surveys for Cummins Engine Co. and the Spahns had a motor home with a Signature 600 diesel under the hood. Those were so cutting edge they blew the rest of the heavy duty diesel competition out of the market. Anyway, Spahn had one of the first ones. He was on my list to call. I'm sure it was him because of his home address and whatever. Anyway. I called. His wife answered and that old lady was fucking pissed that anybody had their number and called them. She/he/they did not participate in that very important customer satisfaction assessment. No they did not.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #454 on: April 22, 2016, 03:25:17 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 22, 2016, 02:53:37 PM

THIS.

I expected to get all indignant about this post.  On a per year basis, Maddux was amazing.  But Spahn pitched for many more years with The Braves than Maddux had.

I did call his wife up on the phone and talk to her once. Swear to God. I used to conduct surveys for Cummins Engine Co. and the Spahns had a motor home with a Signature 600 diesel under the hood. Those were so cutting edge they blew the rest of the heavy duty diesel competition out of the market. Anyway, Spahn had one of the first ones. He was on my list to call. I'm sure it was him because of his home address and whatever. Anyway. I called. His wife answered and that old lady was fucking pissed that anybody had their number and called them. She/he/they did not participate in that very important customer satisfaction assessment. No they did not.

I love this Pexstory.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #455 on: April 22, 2016, 03:47:04 PM »
Quote from: flannj on April 22, 2016, 03:25:17 PM

THIS.

I love this Pexstory.

And that's why Ken Burns left Spahn out of "Baseball".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #456 on: April 22, 2016, 04:27:38 PM »

THIS.

Call me at dinner (or any time) with a survey and you will get the same reaction from me.  AND STAY OFF MY LAWN!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #457 on: April 22, 2016, 05:26:26 PM »

THIS.

I once received a call from Amaury Telemaco. I don't know if it was the Amaury Telemaco, but ... how many could there possibly be? I can't remember particulars, but I think he wanted to know when his car parts were going to be delivered.

I also called Eric Crouch's (I assume) mom and tried to get her to switch to MCI long distance. This was right around when the Worldcom scandal was happening. I don't think she switched. It was a woman with a last name of Crouch who lived on "7 Eric Crouch" Lane/Place/Way somewhere around Omaha.

[/penstory]

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #458 on: April 22, 2016, 05:50:12 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 22, 2016, 05:26:26 PM

THIS.

I once received a call from Amaury Telemaco. I don't know if it was the Amaury Telemaco, but ... how many could there possibly be? I can't remember particulars, but I think he wanted to know when his car parts were going to be delivered.

I also called Eric Crouch's (I assume) mom and tried to get her to switch to MCI long distance. This was right around when the Worldcom scandal was happening. I don't think she switched. It was a woman with a last name of Crouch who lived on "7 Eric Crouch" Lane/Place/Way somewhere around Omaha.

[/penstory]
I briefly worked at an eBay storefront fly-by-night company about 10 years ago, where I sold Mike Ditka's wife's golf clubs.

Damn it, this PenStory sucks worse than a real one.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #459 on: April 25, 2016, 12:11:24 PM »
This is from Friday...I just read it now.  But if it doesn't give you the warm fuzzies in your underpants, fuck off.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #460 on: April 25, 2016, 12:34:23 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 22, 2016, 05:50:12 PM

THIS.

[/penstory]
I briefly worked at an eBay storefront fly-by-night company about 10 years ago, where I sold Mike Ditka's wife's golf clubs.

I once spoke to Lawrie McMenemy on the phone.  I was calling Southampton FC about tickets, and I think he picked up to make an outgoing call just as I rang in.  Safe to say that whoever it was he was expecting to talk to, it wasn't me.  He did ask me who I was, but even when I told him, it didn't really seem to clear anything up for him.  I think he was a bit confused, to be honest.  Not by my phone call, particularly: just in general.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #461 on: April 25, 2016, 12:48:27 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 25, 2016, 12:34:23 PM

THIS.

[/penstory]

I once spoke to Lawrie McMenemy on the phone.  I was calling Southampton FC about tickets, and I think he picked up to make an outgoing call just as I rang in.  Safe to say that whoever it was he was expecting to talk to, it wasn't me.  He did ask me who I was, but even when I told him, it didn't really seem to clear anything up for him.  I think he was a bit confused, to be honest.  Not by my phone call, particularly: just in general.

I assume a 'McMenemy" is a Irish male enemy.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #462 on: April 25, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 25, 2016, 12:11:24 PM
This is from Friday...I just read it now.  But if it doesn't give you the warm fuzzies in your underpants, fuck off.

This article by Trueblood cites that article: http://wrigleyville.locals.baseballprospectus.com/2016/04/21/can-jake-arrieta-keep-this-up-data-instead-of-history-might-hold-the-answer/ and is actually really good.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #463 on: April 25, 2016, 03:48:53 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 25, 2016, 12:48:27 PM

THIS.

[/penstory]

I used to work in Deerfield at Service Merchandise, right next to the Multiplex where the Bulls worked out. I once sold Mike Smrek an answering machine. Also waited on Scottie Pippen and Dallas Green (when I asked, "Can I help you"? He said "Not right now." Another customer said to him, "You did enough. You signed Sutcliffe." Pretty sure he was talking to Green). Also, while subbing in the Merchandise Pick Up area, I helped an 8 months pregnant Kim Singletary load two chaise lounge chairs into the back seat of her two door Cadillac Riviera.  That was hard because there were two huge watermelons in the rear foot wells.

Heady times!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #464 on: April 25, 2016, 05:36:46 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 25, 2016, 03:48:53 PM
Quote from: Oleg on April 25, 2016, 12:48:27 PM

THIS.

[/penstory]

I used to work in Deerfield at Service Merchandise, right next to the Multiplex where the Bulls worked out. I once sold Mike Smrek an answering machine. Also waited on Scottie Pippen and Dallas Green (when I asked, "Can I help you"? He said "Not right now." Another customer said to him, "You did enough. You signed Sutcliffe." Pretty sure he was talking to Green). Also, while subbing in the Merchandise Pick Up area, I helped an 8 months pregnant Kim Singletary load two chaise lounge chairs into the back seat of her two door Cadillac Riviera.  That was hard because there were two huge watermelons in the rear foot wells.

Heady times!

Dallas Green would have loved you, Chuck.