News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  ( 46,349 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2013, 09:18:10 AM »
Bump.

They are moving fast. I feel like I just watched a third of A Storm of Swords in fast forward. So, this episode kind of disappointed me but I think they're trying to get some relatively minor stuff settled before they start landing haymakers.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2013, 12:05:10 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 01, 2013, 09:18:10 AM
Bump.

They are moving fast. I feel like I just watched a third of A Storm of Swords in fast forward. So, this episode kind of disappointed me but I think they're trying to get some relatively minor stuff settled before they start landing haymakers.

I guess it was just me, but I remember this show as being more interesting.  No newcomer to the series is likely to stick around after last night's snorer.  OK.  I admit that I slept through a third of it.  Did they behead anyone?  Pillage a village?  Did someone visit an orphanage?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2013, 10:45:31 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 01, 2013, 12:05:10 PM
Bump.

I guess it was just me, but I remember this show as being more interesting.  No newcomer to the series is likely to stick around after last night's snorer.  OK.  I admit that I slept through a third of it.  Did they behead anyone?  Pillage a village?  Did someone visit an orphanage?

I promise you this season will be filled to the brim with HOLY SHIT moments. But the third book "A Storm of Swords" is so long that many Song of Ice and Fire dorks were speculating that they'd have to break it up into two seasons. They may still be doing that, I don't know but plowing through about five storylines in the first episode to let you know what is happening with the characters may be necessary here. Trust me, shit's gonna get real real.

And that's George R. R. Martin's way. You may read half a book and think you're bored with it because nothing awesome has happened but what he's done is given you so much information and insight into a character that you actually begin to feel like you know them. So then 200 pages later when the shit goes down, you're throwing the book/tablet across the room in shock like, ??!?!?!

That's why GRRM is considered a great fantasy writer.  

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2013, 11:02:48 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 02, 2013, 10:45:31 AM
Bump.

I guess it was just me, but I remember this show as being more interesting.  No newcomer to the series is likely to stick around after last night's snorer.  OK.  I admit that I slept through a third of it.  Did they behead anyone?  Pillage a village?  Did someone visit an orphanage?

I promise you this season will be filled to the brim with HOLY SHIT moments. But the third book "A Storm of Swords" is so long that many Song of Ice and Fire dorks were speculating that they'd have to break it up into two seasons. They may still be doing that, I don't know but plowing through about five storylines in the first episode to let you know what is happening with the characters may be necessary here. Trust me, shit's gonna get real real.

And that's George R. R. Martin's way. You may read half a book and think you're bored with it because nothing awesome has happened but what he's done is given you so much information and insight into a character that you actually begin to feel like you know them. So then 200 pages later when the shit goes down, you're throwing the book/tablet across the room in shock like, ??!?!?!

That's why GRRM is considered a great fantasy writer fat unkempt virgin.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2013, 11:10:56 AM »
Bump.

BTW, from what I have read, they are splitting it up. I think this season only goes up through about half the 3rd book.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2013, 12:48:23 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 02, 2013, 11:02:48 AM
Bump.

That's why GRRM is considered a great fantasy writer fat unkempt virgin.

That too.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2013, 01:32:22 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 02, 2013, 11:10:56 AM
Bump.

BTW, from what I have read, they are splitting it up. I think this season only goes up through about half the 3rd book.

Correct. It was renewed for a 4th season today.

And Apex is right about book 3 - definitely my favorite of the series so far. Many shits hit many fans.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2013, 11:07:07 AM »
Episode 3 of Season 3 was one of the best in the series so far. Loved it. The next several are going to be damn good now that they've set the stage with storylines and characters. This business with Theon escaping is totally new. No idea where they're going with that. Interesting.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2013, 02:59:56 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 15, 2013, 11:07:07 AM
Episode 3 of Season 3 was one of the best in the series so far. Loved it. The next several are going to be damn good now that they've set the stage with storylines and characters. This business with Theon escaping is totally new. No idea where they're going with that. Interesting.

It's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure this is just a modified version of his story from book 5 (I think this portion of it was told in flashback form, which would mean it makes sense that it's happening concurrent with book 3 events).

The Jamie behanding scene was handled perfectly.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2013, 04:13:12 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 15, 2013, 02:59:56 PM

It's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure this is just a modified version of his story from book 5 (I think this portion of it was told in flashback form, which would mean it makes sense that it's happening concurrent with book 3 events).

*SPOILER ALERT*

Do you remember him being talking about being rescued by anyone during those flahsbacks? Not only that, but he's got a protector in the woods, filling people up with arrows from out of nowhere. I don't know...

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2013, 04:52:05 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 15, 2013, 04:13:12 PM

*SPOILER ALERT*

Do you remember him being talking about being rescued by anyone during those flahsbacks? Not only that, but he's got a protector in the woods, filling people up with arrows from out of nowhere. I don't know...

* MORE SPOILERS *

IIRC in the book, the Bastard posed as a lowly stable boy or servant or something like that and let Theon go. Then he hunts Theon down and reveals he just let him go because he's a sick puppy who likes hunting humans for sport. I think the show is just adding an extra level of mindfuckery in that Ramsay doesn't just let Theon go, he makes Theon think he is rescuing him (with Ramsay killing his own men to really sell it - notice how the guy said "you BASTARD" before he was finished off) to think they are good buddies. Then sometime soon the Bastard is going to reveal who he really is and continue torturing Theon.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2013, 10:31:46 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 15, 2013, 04:52:05 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 15, 2013, 04:13:12 PM

*SPOILER ALERT*

* MORE SPOILERS *

IIRC in the book, the Bastard posed as a lowly stable boy or servant or something like that and let Theon go. Then he hunts Theon down and reveals he just let him go because he's a sick puppy who likes hunting humans for sport. I think the show is just adding an extra level of mindfuckery in that Ramsay doesn't just let Theon go, he makes Theon think he is rescuing him (with Ramsay killing his own men to really sell it - notice how the guy said "you BASTARD" before he was finished off) to think they are good buddies. Then sometime soon the Bastard is going to reveal who he really is and continue torturing Theon.

Fucking awesome.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2013, 08:57:47 PM »
Jesus fucking balls

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2013, 09:02:38 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 02, 2013, 08:57:47 PMJesus fucking balls

They fucking nailed it. I've been moist with anticipation for that scene since reading the book and I think this version was even more brutal and revolting. Roose Bolton is about as nasty as they come.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2013, 09:37:34 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 03, 2013, 09:02:38 AM
Quote from: Yeti on June 02, 2013, 08:57:47 PMJesus fucking balls

They fucking nailed it. I've been moist with anticipation for that scene since reading the book and I think this version was even more brutal and revolting. Roose Bolton is about as nasty as they come.

I haven't read the book.  Are they going to run out of characters?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)