News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: G.I. Joe  ( 18,306 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: G.I. Joe
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2010, 10:11:54 PM »
Quote from: JD on January 21, 2010, 08:16:28 PM
Quote from: Weebs on January 20, 2010, 08:56:30 PM
For some reason, I decided to add this to my Netflix queue.  I was prepared for some stupid action and ridiculous plots, but holy shit...

This wasn't even fun enough to make up for the terrible acting, awful CGI, and retarded plot.  I really hope Joseph Gordon-Levitt wasn't actually the guy wearing the stupid mask.  He's actually a good actor.  Channing Tatum, on the other hand, makes Paul Walker look like Marlon Brando.

Movies like this are the reason Netflix exists.  To think that only a couple years ago, we had to pay $5 to watch this shit at home.

You think Brando coulda played Brian O'Conner better?  You're nuts.  And Paul Walker was the balls in Running Scared(not the Billy Crystal/Gregory Hines one).

If you watched a movie called "Running Scared" and Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines weren't in it, then I pity you.

But Paul Walker is a merry prankster, I'll give him that.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2010, 01:02:42 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 21, 2010, 10:11:54 PM
For some reason, I decided to add this to my Netflix queue.  I was prepared for some stupid action and ridiculous plots, but holy shit...

This wasn't even fun enough to make up for the terrible acting, awful CGI, and retarded plot.  I really hope Joseph Gordon-Levitt wasn't actually the guy wearing the stupid mask.  He's actually a good actor.  Channing Tatum, on the other hand, makes Paul Walker look like Marlon Brando.

Movies like this are the reason Netflix exists.  To think that only a couple years ago, we had to pay $5 to watch this shit at home.

You think Brando coulda played Brian O'Conner better?  You're nuts.  And Paul Walker was the balls in Running Scared(not the Billy Crystal/Gregory Hines one).

If you watched a movie called "Running Scared" and Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines weren't in it, then I pity you.

Dude, Michael McDonald did the soundtrack.  "Cry sweet freedom, shine the light on me" or something

And Crystal and Hines' car wound up riding on Chicago's el tracks.

I never saw the movie, but I remember that from the video.  The Michael McDonald video.  1986.  Never forget.

Who's Paul Walker?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2010, 08:36:16 AM »

If you watched a movie called "Running Scared" and Ken Wahl and Judge Reinhold weren't in it, then I pity you.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2010, 02:36:53 PM »

Anyone that hates commies and loves women will attest that the Paul Walker "Running Scared" is awesome. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2010, 10:41:28 AM »
Quote from: JD on January 22, 2010, 02:36:53 PM

Anyone that hates commies and loves women will attest that the Paul Walker "Running Scared" is awesome. 

Is that the one where somebody got a hockey puck to the teeth?  B/c if it was that one, I liked it.  A lot.  If it wasn't that one, then I liked that other one a lot.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2010, 11:01:17 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on January 23, 2010, 10:41:28 AM
Quote from: JD on January 22, 2010, 02:36:53 PM

Is that the one where somebody got a hockey puck to the teeth?  B/c if it was that one, I liked it.  A lot.  If it wasn't that one, then I liked that other one a lot.

It's the hockey puck to the teeth one.  It's the balls.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.