News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 97,388 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: powen01 on August 06, 2010, 01:46:19 PM
Quote from: PenPho on August 06, 2010, 01:04:04 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on August 06, 2010, 12:57:13 PM
Quote from: Yeti on August 06, 2010, 12:53:17 PM
He's 29 PAs short of being 3rd in the NL in BA. He's averaged 3.97 PA/game. So, on that pace, he'll crack the requirements (3.1 PA/team game) of the leaderboard in game 142. That's all I'm going to look forward to now.

I hope the little fucker gets braces.

I hope Soriano lets him take the top bunk.

I hope no child molester from Desipio gets his hand down the kid's pj's.

What about up them?

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
Quote from: Yeti on August 06, 2010, 01:47:52 PM
Quote from: powen01 on August 06, 2010, 01:46:19 PM
Quote from: PenPho on August 06, 2010, 01:04:04 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on August 06, 2010, 12:57:13 PM
Quote from: Yeti on August 06, 2010, 12:53:17 PM
He's 29 PAs short of being 3rd in the NL in BA. He's averaged 3.97 PA/game. So, on that pace, he'll crack the requirements (3.1 PA/team game) of the leaderboard in game 142. That's all I'm going to look forward to now.

I hope the little fucker gets braces.

I hope Soriano lets him take the top bunk.

I hope no child molester from Desipio gets his hand down the kid's pj's.

What about up them?

Ahoy, ya sea slag.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Bump now that Castro has hit 300 at bats.  Among MLB shortstops who have at least 300 plate appearances, he ranks:

- 3rd in batting average
- 4th in weighted on-base average (behind Tulowirzki, Furcal, H. Ramirez)
- 4th in OPS
- Dead, absolute last in age

I love him very, very much.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on August 11, 2010, 02:24:50 PM
Bump now that Castro has hit 300 at bats.  Among MLB shortstops who have at least 300 plate appearances, he ranks:

- 3rd in batting average
- 4th in OPS

BONAR
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Night Man on August 11, 2010, 02:28:50 PM

- 3rd in batting average
- 4th in OPS

That gift certificate aint all it's cracked up to be, I bet. The other day they showed a close up, and I could swear I saw a whisker on his face. Could have been an eyelash that fell off. I don't know. I need more information. (googles Phil Rogers on Twitter)

BONAR
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 11, 2010, 02:31:46 PM
Bump now that Castro has hit 300 at bats.  Among MLB shortstops who have at least 300 plate appearances, he ranks:

- 3rd in batting average
- 4th in OPS

BONAR
That gift certificate aint all it's cracked up to be, I bet. The other day they showed a close up, and I could swear I saw a whisker on his face. Could have been an eyelash that fell off. I don't know. I need more information. (googles Phil Rogers on Twitter)

Huh?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 11, 2010, 02:31:46 PM

- 3rd in batting average
- 4th in OPS

BONAR

Quit putting words in my mouth, LeBron lover.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

- 3rd in batting average
- 4th in OPS

More importantly, he's tied for 8th in sac flies among major league shortstops. Only 3 behind Orlando Cabrera and 2 behind Jerry Hairston. Hell of an accomplishment considering his relatively low number of plate appearances.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on August 11, 2010, 02:37:57 PM

- 3rd in batting average
- 4th in OPS

More importantly, he's tied for 8th in sac flies among major league shortstops. Only 3 behind Orlando Cabrera and 2 behind Jerry Hairston. Hell of an accomplishment considering his relatively low number of plate appearances.

Man, Adam Dunn could learn a thing or two from Castro about knocking those guys in from third with fly outs.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on August 11, 2010, 02:38:44 PM
Quote from: R-V on August 11, 2010, 02:37:57 PM

- 3rd in batting average
- 4th in OPS

Man, Adam Dunn could learn a thing or two from Castro about knocking those guys in from third with fly outs.

Sounds like he'd be an even better 2B.

In the abstract.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
This thread needs pretty much a daily bump. 16 multi-hit games in the last month, and he's 7th in value among MLB shortstops despite being 24th in plate appearances. Monster splooge.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Some serious competition for ROY this year. I think maybe Posey or Heyward have the benefit of playing key roles on contending teams. Niether would be a bad pick. Mike Stanton and Starlin Castro are doing stuff every day that makes you think they'll be superstars in this league for a long, long time.

By now Strasburgh is probably less likely to win the award.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on August 13, 2010, 08:37:00 AM
This thread needs pretty much a daily bump. 16 multi-hit games in the last month, and he's 7th in value among MLB shortstops despite being 24th in plate appearances. Monster splooge.

It's a lot like finding a gold nugget in your monster shelf-turd. But then you have to ask, "Why am I digging through my shit in the first place?"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on August 13, 2010, 10:20:48 AM

It's a lot like finding a gold nugget in your monster shelf-turd. But then you have to ask, "Why am I digging through my shit in the first place?"

So many times I've been faced with the same self-query. But when I slap down the first payment on my Buena Park condo with nothing but shelf-turd nuggets, I'll just flash my solid-gold grin and remember that it's all been worthwhile. In the abstract.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on August 13, 2010, 10:20:48 AM

Speaking of gold nuggets found in unexpected places, here's another gold prospect nugget:

Chris Archer at Tennessee this year:
46 IP
0.58 ERA
.169 AVG against

Overall, he has a 1.97 ERA this year at two levels.  ALSO, when I went to his MiLB page to find his stats, I saw his picture for the first time and it turns out that he's black.  This was news to me.