News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 97,388 )

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: Bort on May 11, 2010, 08:33:04 AM
Quote from: MAD on May 11, 2010, 08:21:36 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 11, 2010, 08:03:42 AM
This kid gets to balls that Theriot can only dream of tracking down. And then he nonchalantly sidearms them wide of the bag. It's a good thing Alan Trammell is the best infielding coach in the history of the sport or who knows what kind of bad habits this dude would develop. At some point he might teach one of them the proper way to field a throw from the catcher. One hopes that someone is Castro.

THIS.

If Trammel is worth a shit, he'll teach Castro to stay home, on the bag, on throws to second from the catcher on attempted steals.  I heard on the radio that Castro apparently did one of those ghey-assed, jump out-out-in-front-of-the-bag and then sweep back for a diving tag attempt on a Brandon Phillips stolen base.  Just because all the kids are doing it doesn't make it right.  That shit needs to stop yesterday.

I don't normally encourage kids to STAY OFF HUEY'S LAWN, but...

THIS.

At least he got eight whole innings before the idiots at Wrigley booed him.  Fuck Cubs fans. 

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
This kid gets to balls that Theriot can only dream of tracking down. And then he nonchalantly sidearms them wide of the bag. It's a good thing Alan Trammell is the best infielding coach in the history of the sport or who knows what kind of bad habits this dude would develop. At some point he might teach one of them the proper way to field a throw from the catcher. One hopes that someone is Castro.

THIS.

If Trammel is worth a shit, he'll teach Castro to stay home, on the bag, on throws to second from the catcher on attempted steals.  I heard on the radio that Castro apparently did one of those ghey-assed, jump out-out-in-front-of-the-bag and then sweep back for a diving tag attempt on a Brandon Phillips stolen base.  Just because all the kids are doing it doesn't make it right.  That shit needs to stop yesterday.

So much for not caring...

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on May 11, 2010, 08:59:34 AM

THIS.

I don't care about this year's team.  Castro is a future consideration.  If he continues to play the position like a softball catcher, I'll stop caring about him, too.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on May 11, 2010, 09:02:48 AM
Quote from: Oleg on May 11, 2010, 08:59:34 AM

THIS.

I don't care about this year's team.  Castro is a future consideration.  If he continues to play the position like a softball catcher, I'll stop caring about him, too.

Hoe many MLB catchers still block the plate? Don't blame it on softball catchers.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on May 11, 2010, 09:02:48 AM

So, where do they learn their craft?  How long have the people in charge of the teaching been in their jobs?

I know Hendry has been here since 1995.  Mr. Fleita?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: fiveouts on May 11, 2010, 08:34:37 AM

THIS.

THIS.

At least he got eight whole innings before the idiots at Wrigley booed him.  Fuck Cubs fans. 

Really? Fuck this goddamn gutless fucking fanbase.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I saw those three errors and they are nothing some good teaching and a little extra work can't fix.  So, he's doomed.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: fiveouts on May 11, 2010, 08:34:37 AM

THIS.

THIS.

Sorry, but if you make three errors in a single game, you have heartily deserved a dose of booing.   I don't care how old he is. 

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on May 11, 2010, 09:43:22 AM
Sorry, but if you make three errors in a single game, you have heartily deserved a dose of booing.   I don't care how old he is. 

I'm gonna guess it was the lack of hustle and the allowing of the runner to move up that got the boos going.

Considering I wasn't watching, I'll just have to guess.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Yeah, I don't have a problem with booing a guy for dogging it.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
I don't mind them booing when a guy fucks up.  It's when they boo them pre-emptively that bothers me.  Like Soriano getting booed during introductions at the home opener.  Holy shit, just hang on, in about 20 minutes he'll give you an actual reason to boo.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Andy on May 11, 2010, 04:00:52 PM
I don't mind them booing when a guy fucks up.  It's when they boo them pre-emptively that bothers me.  Like Soriano getting booed during introductions at the home opener.  Holy shit, just hang on, in about 20 minutes he'll give you an actual reason to boo.

How about preemptive MOOOOOOing when Cubbie Julie is around?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenPho on May 11, 2010, 04:13:12 PM
Quote from: Andy on May 11, 2010, 04:00:52 PM

How about preemptive MOOOOOOing when Cubbie Julie is around?

BAM.  Lawsuit.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 11, 2010, 09:48:26 AM
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on May 11, 2010, 09:43:22 AM

I'm gonna guess it was the lack of hustle and the allowing of the runner to move up that got the boos going.

Considering I wasn't watching, I'll just have to guess.

I was there, but I wasn't booing.  But he certainly deserved the boos after the Hanley Ramirez "double."

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I love this guy. He's up to 50 plate appearances and still has more walks than strikeouts. And there's no way in hell Theriot even gets to that ball for the last out of the 8th last night. Are we sure he came from the Cubs farm system and not some other planet?