News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2011-12 NFL Thread: Lock Out Fever, Catch It!  ( 41,848 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Your 2011-12 NFL Thread: Lock Out Fever, Catch It!
« Reply #330 on: January 24, 2012, 05:37:40 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 23, 2012, 11:06:58 PM
Quote from: flannj on January 23, 2012, 10:47:59 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 23, 2012, 10:37:42 PM
Quote from: flannj on January 23, 2012, 07:06:57 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 23, 2012, 03:38:03 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 23, 2012, 03:00:14 PM
It's like Yankee hate. What did the Yankees ever do to me, a Cubs fan? Show me on the doll where the Yankees touched you.

[gestures toward center field]

Chuck would gesture toward left field.

Al or Al?

Does Allen have a connection to the Yankees?

I'm talking about Alful Alful.

Al Afalava?

Aaron Affolo
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: January 24, 2012, 08:39:02 AM »
Quote from: BBM on January 23, 2012, 03:32:34 PM

I'm pretty sure Eli is half retarded.  He let his daddy pull a elway for him and take him from san diego to new york.   

After Peyton stayed in school to avoid New York.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: January 24, 2012, 03:05:15 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 23, 2012, 02:21:12 PM
I get that the Giants don't exactly inspire a ton of positive reaction from the masses, but seriously, people are rooting for the Patriots?

Is this just an NFC vs. AFC thing?  

Because fuck the Patriots sideways.

It does come down to a dislike of all other NFC teams without Purdue quarterbacks. That and a lot of unresolved asshurt over something something. I have absolutely nothing against the Patriots and I really respect the way they've been able to remain dominant in an era that has seen almost every other team rise and fall on an annual basis. It's remarkable and it's on the level, as far as I can gather. That said, if Belechick were the coach of the Washington Redskins or something I'd hate him with fire of a thousand Matt Murton pubic mounds.

It's like Yankee hate. What did the Yankees ever do to me, a Cubs fan? Show me on the doll where the Yankees touched you.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/01/24/ravens-kicking-consultant-cant-rule-out-new-england-patriots-cheating-in-afc-championship/
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on January 24, 2012, 03:05:15 PM
I get that the Giants don't exactly inspire a ton of positive reaction from the masses, but seriously, people are rooting for the Patriots?

It does come down to a dislike of all other NFC teams without Purdue quarterbacks. That and a lot of unresolved asshurt over something something. I have absolutely nothing against the Patriots and I really respect the way they've been able to remain dominant in an era that has seen almost every other team rise and fall on an annual basis. It's remarkable and it's on the level, as far as I can gather. That said, if Belechick were the coach of the Washington Redskins or something I'd hate him with fire of a thousand Matt Murton pubic mounds.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/01/24/ravens-kicking-consultant-cant-rule-out-new-england-patriots-cheating-in-afc-championship/

If only there were some way to know what the down and distance were besides looking at the scoreboard. And yeah, it makes perfect sense for a home team to try to gain an advantage by giving its opponent and extra down during a series. That is some bitch-made shit right there. Kicking consultant? Consult on how not to miss a kick by 20 yards.

And ask yourself: "Who you crappin?"
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: January 24, 2012, 06:12:15 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 24, 2012, 04:08:01 PM

If only there were some way to know what the down and distance were besides looking at the scoreboard. And yeah, it makes perfect sense for a home team to try to gain an advantage by giving its opponent and extra down during a series. That is some bitch-made shit right there. Kicking consultant? Consult on how not to miss a kick by 20 yards.

Or the Ravens could have just called the time-out they had left.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: January 24, 2012, 06:18:29 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 24, 2012, 06:12:15 PM

That it some of the weakest shit I've ever seen.  What a douche.  Holy shit.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: January 25, 2012, 11:59:19 AM »
The San Francisco Chronicle is pushing to get the 49ers to go after DeSean Jackson, and to dump Michael Crabtree (duh!).  In the article I learned why at the start of games Jackson gives his alma mater as Long Beach Polytechnic High School instead of Cal.  Apparently before the draft the Cal coaches were honest in their appraisal of Jackson's selfishness.  His nickname among his teammates was "MeSean".   That embittered him towards Cal so he doesn't want to honor them with a mention.  It sounds like his welcome in Philadelphia is wearing thin, so the San Francisco media is looking for a new wide receiver to take the throws of world class QB Alex Smith.  Apparently the Niners are also interested in a new kick returner, though I can't imagine why.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: January 25, 2012, 12:08:04 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 25, 2012, 11:59:19 AM
The San Francisco Chronicle is pushing to get the 49ers to go after DeSean Jackson, and to dump Michael Crabtree (duh!).  In the article I learned why at the start of games Jackson gives his alma mater as Long Beach Polytechnic High School instead of Cal.  Apparently before the draft the Cal coaches were honest in their appraisal of Jackson's selfishness.  His nickname among his teammates was "MeSean".   That embittered him towards Cal so he doesn't want to honor them with a mention.  It sounds like his welcome in Philadelphia is wearing thin, so the San Francisco media is looking for a new wide receiver to take the throws of world class QB Alex Smith.  Apparently the Niners are also interested in a new kick returner, though I can't imagine why.

Clearly this year, Desean has worked very hard to prove he's not selfish.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: January 25, 2012, 03:02:39 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 24, 2012, 06:12:15 PM

Thank you CT, for keeping it relevant.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: January 25, 2012, 03:04:07 PM »
The San Francisco Chronicle is pushing to get the 49ers to go after DeSean Jackson, and to dump Michael Crabtree (duh!).  In the article I learned why at the start of games Jackson gives his alma mater as Long Beach Polytechnic High School instead of Cal.  Apparently before the draft the Cal coaches were honest in their appraisal of Jackson's selfishness.  His nickname among his teammates was "MeSean".   That embittered him towards Cal so he doesn't want to honor them with a mention.  It sounds like his welcome in Philadelphia is wearing thin, so the San Francisco media is looking for a new wide receiver to take the throws of world class QB Alex Smith.  Apparently the Niners are also interested in a new kick returner, though I can't imagine why.

Long Beach Poly is also the alma mater of Snoop Dogg, Cameron Diaz, Milton Bradley and ExPex II. Some hits and misses in there, but famous alums abound. And Asian broads by the assload.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: January 25, 2012, 04:30:27 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 25, 2012, 03:04:07 PM
The San Francisco Chronicle is pushing to get the 49ers to go after DeSean Jackson, and to dump Michael Crabtree (duh!).  In the article I learned why at the start of games Jackson gives his alma mater as Long Beach Polytechnic High School instead of Cal.  Apparently before the draft the Cal coaches were honest in their appraisal of Jackson's selfishness.  His nickname among his teammates was "MeSean".   That embittered him towards Cal so he doesn't want to honor them with a mention.  It sounds like his welcome in Philadelphia is wearing thin, so the San Francisco media is looking for a new wide receiver to take the throws of world class QB Alex Smith.  Apparently the Niners are also interested in a new kick returner, though I can't imagine why.

Long Beach Poly is also the alma mater of Snoop Dogg, Cameron Diaz, Milton Bradley and ExPex II. Some hits and misses in there, but famous alums abound. And Asian broads by the assload.

That Milton Bradley designed some really nice board games.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: January 26, 2012, 03:11:08 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 25, 2012, 04:30:27 PM

Did you just think that up? Brilliant.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: January 26, 2012, 03:54:48 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 26, 2012, 03:11:08 PM
Quote from: CBStew on January 25, 2012, 04:30:27 PM

Did you just think that up? Brilliant.

I can't take the credit.  I think that I read it a couple of years ago.  But thanks anyway.