News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2011-12 NFL Thread: Lock Out Fever, Catch It!  ( 41,874 )

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Re: Your 2011-12 NFL Thread: Lock Out Fever, Catch It!
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2011, 04:22:43 PM »
Are there any free agent linemen the Bears could go after once this lockout ends? I just don't understand how the O-Line could not be THE focus of this draft. Unless Carimi can block four guys at once, I just don't see how the O-Line is THAT much better next year.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2011, 06:18:53 PM »
Quote from: BC on April 30, 2011, 04:22:43 PM
Are there any free agent linemen the Bears could go after once this lockout ends? I just don't understand how the O-Line could not be THE focus of this draft. Unless Carimi can block four guys at once, I just don't see how the O-Line is THAT much better next year.

Are you sweating as you frantically bang out all these posts? I like to think so.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2011, 07:22:18 PM »
Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2011, 02:18:58 PM
Quote from: BC on April 30, 2011, 02:07:09 PM
After two good picks to start the 2011 Draft, the Bears have drafted a slow safety and a poor man's Cutler from Idaho. I just don't understand how Angelo can be so fucking horrible at drafts and yet keep his job.

He's obviously preparing to replace Cutler because without an offensive line his career is not going to last long. What's he supposed to do, draft a guard or something? Cutler is a pussy.

Meatball'd

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2011, 10:09:46 PM »

The fact of the matter is the Bears gave up half as many sacks in the second half as they did in the first for a number of reasons. One of those reasons is that, towards the end, Webb and Williams were playing passable football with upside at the RT and LG positions. If you move Webb over to the left and put Carimi at right then you've got three spots where I think you're actually going to be okay. The problem is the decline of Kreutz and Garza and frankly this was not a draft that was deep in those positions. Good draft for tackles, not for the interior. Hell, I think Pouncey is overrated and he was still the best there was. I'm interested in what free agent moves he'll make as well but as far as it needing to be "THE" focus of the draft, well, no. It needed to be "THE" focus of the first round and it was. Drafting Tommie's replacement was a huge fucking need as well (and it has been since 2008). And the Conte pick bugs me not because he's a bad pick but because Danieal Manning is apparently demanding more money than the Bears can pay him after he justified his 2nd round status in exactly 1 of his years as a Bear. This offseason's got a long way to go considering FA hasn't even started. Relax, chief. There was nobody they were going to pick in the late rounds that's going to be a drastic upgrade from what they've already got.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2011, 02:49:02 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 30, 2011, 10:09:46 PM

The fact of the matter is the Bears gave up half as many sacks in the second half as they did in the first for a number of reasons. One of those reasons is that, towards the end, Webb and Williams were playing passable football with upside at the RT and LG positions. If you move Webb over to the left and put Carimi at right then you've got three spots where I think you're actually going to be okay. The problem is the decline of Kreutz and Garza and frankly this was not a draft that was deep in those positions. Good draft for tackles, not for the interior. Hell, I think Pouncey is overrated and he was still the best there was. I'm interested in what free agent moves he'll make as well but as far as it needing to be "THE" focus of the draft, well, no. It needed to be "THE" focus of the first round and it was. Drafting Tommie's replacement was a huge fucking need as well (and it has been since 2008). And the Conte pick bugs me not because he's a bad pick but because Danieal Manning is apparently demanding more money than the Bears can pay him after he justified his 2nd round status in exactly 1 of his years as a Bear. This offseason's got a long way to go considering FA hasn't even started. Relax, chief. There was nobody they were going to pick in the late rounds that's going to be a drastic upgrade from what they've already got.

man·ic   
[man-ik]
–adjective
pertaining to or affected by mania.

ma·ni·a   
[mey-nee-uh, meyn-yuh]

excessive excitement or enthusiasm; craze: SKO has a mania for the Bears.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2011, 02:42:22 PM »
Quote from: JD on April 30, 2011, 04:00:22 PM

he was a pain in the ass as an 18 year old kid away from home for the first time.  There was no such reports of such behavior at Arkansas.  As far as accuracy disappearing in big time moments, give me some Christian Ponder big-time throws or big-time wins. 

There's a difference between a guy talking with a Southern accent and a guy that people say talks "black".

It seems like the rumors of coke use were the big problem.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2011, 09:02:06 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Bernard-Hopkins-McNabb-isn-8217-t-tough-enough;_ylt=AuD9brZtaFa7hflunMYeilhDubYF?urn=nfl-wp1972 Donovan Bernard Hopkins calls Donovan McNabb a house n**ger. Apparently 1) you're only tough if you're black. 2) McNabb isn't black enough to be tough, like Vick or Terrell Owens.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2011, 08:55:32 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 11, 2011, 09:02:06 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Bernard-Hopkins-McNabb-isn-8217-t-tough-enough;_ylt=AuD9brZtaFa7hflunMYeilhDubYF?urn=nfl-wp1972 Donovan Bernard Hopkins calls Donovan McNabb a house n**ger. Apparently 1) you're only tough if you're black. 2) McNabb isn't black enough to be tough, like Vick or Terrell Owens.

Bernard Hopkins is a bit, shall we say, punchy. He's semi-retarded at this point so I would hope that nobody anywhere gets asshurt about anything he says.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2011, 08:57:45 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 12, 2011, 08:55:32 AM

Bernard Hopkins is a bit, shall we say, punchy.

I also enjoy how quickly Eagles fans  have jumped on Michael Vick as being so much better than McNabb, when McNabb at least made it to the NFC Championship game before choking out of the playoffs every year.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2011, 09:00:47 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 12, 2011, 08:57:45 AM

I also enjoy how quickly Eagles fans  have jumped on Michael Vick as being so much better than McNabb, when McNabb at least made it to the NFC Championship game before choking out of the playoffs every year.

You honestly think Mcnabb is still a good quarterback?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2011, 09:01:43 AM »

I didn't feel like Vick choked against the Pack but rather got the living Christ kicked out of him. Which would have been glorious if it weren't for the ghey glam-rock looking turds doing the kicking.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2011, 10:56:07 AM »
Quote from: BH on May 12, 2011, 09:00:47 AM

I also enjoy how quickly Eagles fans  have jumped on Michael Vick as being so much better than McNabb, when McNabb at least made it to the NFC Championship game before choking out of the playoffs every year.

No no, I don't mean now. I mean I know several Eagles fans who act like Vick is better than McNabb ever Was, which is total horseshit. There was a period later in his career where McNabb was helped alot by the team he had around him, but for most of his career he was the main reason that team ever got anywhere near the Superbowl, not the reason they never won it.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2011, 11:11:49 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 12, 2011, 10:56:07 AM

I also enjoy how quickly Eagles fans  have jumped on Michael Vick as being so much better than McNabb, when McNabb at least made it to the NFC Championship game before choking out of the playoffs every year.

No no, I don't mean now. I mean I know several Eagles fans who act like Vick is better than McNabb ever Was, which is total horseshit. There was a period later in his career where McNabb was helped alot by the team he had around him, but for most of his career he was the main reason that team ever got anywhere near the Superbowl, not the reason they never won it.

NO ONE MAKES SAD COMMENTS ABOUT MCNABB OR GROSSMAN TO SKO.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2011, 11:19:35 AM »
Quote from: BH on May 12, 2011, 11:11:49 AM

1. I've made my reputation as a Cutler dongchugger. 2. The KO stands for neither Grossman nor McNabb, buddy. 3. I just don't think Michael Vick was all that great after his hot start last year, and I think the Bears and the Packers and the Joe Webb led Vikings showed that. Alot of the McNabb-hating part of the Eagles fanbase act like they've exorcised some great demon and finally got rid of the thing that was holding them back and they're exactly 0% better than they were in the McNabb era.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2011, 11:51:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 12, 2011, 11:19:35 AM
Quote from: BH on May 12, 2011, 11:11:49 AM

1. I've made my reputation as a Cutler dongchugger. 2. The KO stands for neither Grossman nor McNabb, buddy. 3. I just don't think Michael Vick was all that great after his hot start last year, and I think the Bears and the Packers and the Joe Webb led Vikings showed that. Alot of the McNabb-hating part of the Eagles fanbase act like they've exorcised some great demon and finally got rid of the thing that was holding them back and they're exactly 0% better than they were in the McNabb era.

"A lot"

Two words.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"