News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2011-12 NFL Thread: Lock Out Fever, Catch It!  ( 41,871 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Your 2011-12 NFL Thread: Lock Out Fever, Catch It!
« Reply #195 on: July 29, 2011, 06:24:03 PM »
This sounds...promising.

Bears signed DE Vernon Gholston, formerly of the Jets.
The No. 6 overall pick in the 2008 draft never tallied a sack in three years with the Jets, so noted D-Line tutor Rod Marinelli has his work cut out for him. On a positive note, it's a low-cost flier and Gholston has nowhere to go but up in a 4-3 scheme better suited to his strengths.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: July 29, 2011, 06:33:11 PM »
Vernon is a shoe-in for my 2012 DeadPool

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2011, 06:42:28 PM »
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on July 29, 2011, 06:33:11 PM
Vernon is a shoe-in for my 2012 DeadPool

A shoe-in where?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2011, 07:07:06 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 29, 2011, 06:24:03 PM
This sounds...promising.

Bears signed DE Vernon Gholston, formerly of the Jets.
The No. 6 overall pick in the 2008 draft never tallied a sack in three years with the Jets, so noted D-Line tutor Rod Marinelli has his work cut out for him. On a positive note, it's a low-cost flier and Gholston has nowhere to go but up in a 4-3 scheme better suited to his strengths.

If they don't sign any more O-Linemen they should convert this dude to H-Back and let him stay in and block. All hands on deck.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2011, 08:45:49 PM »
Marion Barber? WTF.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »
The bears signed Omobi Okoye.

I think Angelo thought it was Christian.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2011, 08:56:36 AM »
Quote from: BBM on July 31, 2011, 08:48:44 AM
The bears signed Omobi Okoye.

I think Angelo thought it was Christian.

Eh, they only signed Okoye because Marcus Harrison reported to camp too fat again.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2011, 02:38:48 PM »
Looks like Chris Spencer of the Seahawks is your new center. Fine. This bullshit Kreutz drama has managed to hide the fact that Kreutz has been barely above mediocre since 2007. If that fat sonofabitch wanted more than the 4 million I've heard he was offered, he can rot. Still need a guard, but this free agency period hasn't been bad. The Okoye and Gholston moves were acceptable low risk, low cost moves. It's not like they're relying on either of them to start. Izzy is still there, they brought back Anthony Adams, and Paea is under contract and ready to go from day one of camp. So I don't see what there is to bitch about other than the normal "look the bears signed someone elses bust LOLS." If one or the other reaches their potential and works their way into the starting lineup they were smart moves, otherwise it doesn't hurt them in the slightest since Wooton, Melton, and Toeina are still there as well.

Seriously, fuck Olin Kreutz. Only center in the NFL that manages to false start at least once a year. Oh, also, let's not forget the fact that the reason they couldn't ever make the common sense move of protecting Cutler by putting him back in the shotgun for most passing downs was that that geriatric sonofabitch was "uncomfortable" with shotgun snaps. I'd be uncomfortable too if I fucked up as many as he has.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2011, 03:39:03 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 31, 2011, 02:38:48 PM
Looks like Chris Spencer of the Seahawks is your new center. Fine. This bullshit Kreutz drama has managed to hide the fact that Kreutz has been barely above mediocre since 2007. If that fat sonofabitch wanted more than the 4 million I've heard he was offered, he can rot. Still need a guard, but this free agency period hasn't been bad. The Okoye and Gholston moves were acceptable low risk, low cost moves. It's not like they're relying on either of them to start. Izzy is still there, they brought back Anthony Adams, and Paea is under contract and ready to go from day one of camp. So I don't see what there is to bitch about other than the normal "look the bears signed someone elses bust LOLS." If one or the other reaches their potential and works their way into the starting lineup they were smart moves, otherwise it doesn't hurt them in the slightest since Wooton, Melton, and Toeina are still there as well.

Seriously, fuck Olin Kreutz. Only center in the NFL that manages to false start at least once a year. Oh, also, let's not forget the fact that the reason they couldn't ever make the common sense move of protecting Cutler by putting him back in the shotgun for most passing downs was that that geriatric sonofabitch was "uncomfortable" with shotgun snaps. I'd be uncomfortable too if I fucked up as many as he has.

So what do we know about Spencer?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2011, 03:55:01 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 31, 2011, 03:39:03 PM

So what do we know about Spencer?

Better pass protector than he is at run blocking, more of an athletic center than a powerful one, but so was Kreutz. Biggest problem has been durability, but he's at worst going to give you what Kreutz would have at 38 and is probably an upgrade if he stays healthy. Tice likes to run a lot of inside zone when it comes to running between the tackles, so Spencer will probably be a good fit for that.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2011, 04:52:58 PM »
geriatric sonofabitch 

You rang?

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2011, 07:50:59 AM »
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2011, 09:57:43 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on August 01, 2011, 07:50:59 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2011, 12:48:58 PM »
Also, can I take the time here to Positive signing Marion Barber III? Martz won't run the ball enough to allow Forte's back up to get injured, so as a pure short-yardage machine I can assume that Barber is going to reap souls.