News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 157,615 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2012, 06:42:44 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 15, 2012, 05:28:39 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/to6pl/so_i_found_my_5_year_old_daughter_crying_in_the/

QuoteSo, I found my 5 year old daughter crying in the bathroom last night.

My youngest daughter was sobbing and had tears running down her face last night. She had locked herself in the bathroom and was crying like her puppy had just died.

When I asked her what was wrong she said her broher told her that since we all had Cardinals shirts on and she didn't, that she would have to root for the Cubs from now on. "I hate the Cubs, I want to root for the Cardinals but ______ said I can't anymore!. I told her that she should get her Cardinals hat on and tell her brother that he doesn't run anything but his mouth.

She slept in her hat last night.

Brainwashing- Successful.

EDIT: She has plenty of Cardinals shirts. She was just wearing something else yesterday and it was just a coincidence that everyone else had one on that day.

EDIT: Her picture with Jason Mott when she was 3. Imgur

Down-thread...

http://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/to6pl/so_i_found_my_5_year_old_daughter_crying_in_the/c4ocqza

QuoteIn all seriousness, we had all of our Little League teams go with Minor league team jerseys this year, because one of the coaches picked the Cubs and we had 7 parents refuse to let their kids wear the uniform during games, last year.

So only the 2 coaches kids wore the Cubs uniforms during games. The rest wore white t-shirts.

Now I'm picturing a full team of 9-year-old kids playing baseball with packs of Winstons rolled in their sleeves.

Meanwhile, the next generation of Cubs fans grows up not really caring about the Cardinals.

Or the Cubs, really.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2012, 11:18:51 PM »
There is no God

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2012, 11:21:49 PM »

Fuck.

What did I possibly do in a previous life?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2012, 11:24:49 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 12, 2012, 11:18:51 PM
There is no God

No, there is a God but he's an asshole.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2012, 11:39:57 PM »
Notice who DIDN'T start this one.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2012, 11:41:14 PM »
I guess a silver lining, such that it is, is this: fuck TLR.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2012, 11:44:13 PM »
I hate baseball so goddamn much.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2012, 12:49:58 AM »
Baseball is inSANE.

Think about the two NL series for a second. The Reds had a 2-0 lead going home and everyone was like, oh haha Dusty is going to fuck this up because he's Dusty. The defining moment of that series is his double steal in Game 5. Dusty fucked up. The Reds lost. Choke. Dusty. Narrative.

The Cardinals go down 6-0 on the road facing elimination and everyone's laughing but a few people are like come on guys. It's the Cardinals. They aren't going to go quiet and you know. Then they just keep chipping away and no one can throw strikes on the Nationals anymore and you see it all happening in super slow motion. Even as a third party to this horror show we all had seen this before and now it was happening to someone else. Still painful to watch.

It always happens to the Cardinals. Maybe BC was right. Maybe I've seen it too many times, too. I don't even think that's a joke anymore. That BC just knows.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2012, 06:24:52 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 13, 2012, 12:49:58 AM
Even as a third party to this horror show we all had seen this before and now it was happening to someone else. Still painful to watch.

It always happens to the Cardinals. Maybe BC was right. Maybe I've seen it too many times, too. I don't even think that's a joke anymore. That BC just knows.

Last night was the first time I have heard that "sound" of utter silence/disbelief/whatinthehelljusthappened? in 9 years. I hate that I care so much about baseball.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2012, 08:53:24 AM »
This is the worst of all possible outcomes for me.  The Giants and that other team playing to go to the World Series.  The good  news is that one of them is going to lose...The bad news (I can't even write it)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2012, 09:48:25 AM »
Baseball is inSANE.

Think about the two NL series for a second. The Reds had a 2-0 lead going home and everyone was like, oh haha Dusty is going to fuck this up because he's Dusty. The defining moment of that series is his double steal in Game 5. Dusty fucked up. The Reds lost. Choke. Dusty. Narrative.

The Cardinals go down 6-0 on the road facing elimination and everyone's laughing but a few people are like come on guys. It's the Cardinals. They aren't going to go quiet and you know. Then they just keep chipping away and no one can throw strikes on the Nationals anymore and you see it all happening in super slow motion. Even as a third party to this horror show we all had seen this before and now it was happening to someone else. Still painful to watch.

And maybe the goddamn Nationals shouldn't have shut down Strasburg.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 13, 2012, 09:48:25 AM
Baseball is inSANE.

And maybe the goddamn Nationals shouldn't have shut down Strasburg.

And so the Ghost of Mark Prior haunts us still.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2012, 01:27:54 PM »
I blame Yeti.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2012, 01:41:25 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 13, 2012, 01:27:54 PM
I blame Yeti.

To be fair, there's nothing to really blame him for yet.