News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia  ( 133,116 )

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2009, 11:08:52 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on September 26, 2009, 09:27:28 PM
Did I miss an episode?  Why the hell did I think this show was on Mondays?

You've missed out on more than an episode.  No one can answer that, or gives a fuck.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: September 28, 2009, 08:47:28 PM »
Quote from: Pre on September 26, 2009, 11:08:52 PM

You've missed out on more than an episode.  No one can answer that, or gives a fuck.

Detroit...Not a state, drink...Milwaukee...Jesus H. Christ.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: September 28, 2009, 09:15:41 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 28, 2009, 08:47:28 PM
Quote from: Pre on September 26, 2009, 11:08:52 PM

Detroit...Not a state, drink...Milwaukee...Jesus H. Christ.

I loved when Mac called out "Philly."
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: September 29, 2009, 09:17:40 AM »
Excellent episode.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: September 29, 2009, 11:22:31 AM »
Quote from: Trinew: The Boiler on September 26, 2009, 01:30:13 AM
Quote from: Poon on September 25, 2009, 07:42:00 AM
Gypsies, i don't want anyone shrinking my head

Jesus, this last episode is an instant classic. I need to rewatch this one.

Was that piss?

It was amazing.  I don't know why, but I always find it interesting when TV shows are written in a way that could probably work equally well on stage.  I must have theater on the brain after The Nightman Cometh.

Regarding your earlier Sweet Dee comment, something horrible has happened to her.  I used to think she was pretty hot, but she's just terrifying this season.  I know the ridiculous eye makeup her character wears doesn't help, but yikes.  I was even pretty creeped out by her bikini body.

Oh, and regarding the lawyer, he's in some series of commercials right now.  Car, maybe?  Insurance?
Hire Jim Essian!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: September 29, 2009, 11:26:03 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 29, 2009, 11:22:31 AM
Oh, and regarding the lawyer, he's in some series of commercials right now.  Car, maybe?  Insurance?

That's Brian Unger.

He was on the Daily Show back in the Kilborn days.

And the ads he's in are for BMW.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: September 29, 2009, 11:31:33 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 29, 2009, 11:26:03 AM
Oh, and regarding the lawyer, he's in some series of commercials right now.  Car, maybe?  Insurance?

That's Brian Unger.

He was on the Daily Show back in the Kilborn days.

And the ads he's in are for BMW.

Well, he's funny.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: September 29, 2009, 11:59:48 AM »

Was that piss?

It was amazing.  I don't know why, but I always find it interesting when TV shows are written in a way that could probably work equally well on stage.  I must have theater on the brain after The Nightman Cometh.

Regarding your earlier Sweet Dee comment, something horrible has happened to her.  I used to think she was pretty hot, but she's just terrifying this season.  I know the ridiculous eye makeup her character wears doesn't help, but yikes.  I was even pretty creeped out by her bikini body.

Oh, and regarding the lawyer, he's in some series of commercials right now.  Car, maybe?  Insurance?

It's possible they're making her look like shit to further the character of her being a lowlife. See also DeVito's hair becoming more and more clownish each season.

Her eye makeup reminded me of the freak from the Drew Carey show, which I hated more than any TV show that was on during that time. Atheismo that show sucked.

Tangent!

Also enjoyed how they never really left Philly. It was a pretty transparent plot device, reminded me a bit of Harold and Kumar, who probably borrowed it from somewhere else, but I loved it nevertheless.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: September 29, 2009, 01:56:10 PM »
Quote from: Trinew: The Boiler on September 29, 2009, 11:59:48 AM

Was that piss?

It's possible they're making her look like shit to further the character of her being a lowlife. See also DeVito's hair becoming more and more clownish each season.

Her eye makeup reminded me of the freak from the Drew Carey show, which I hated more than any TV show that was on during that time. Atheismo that show sucked.

Tangent!

Also enjoyed how they never really left Philly. It was a pretty transparent plot device, reminded me a bit of Harold and Kumar, who probably borrowed it from somewhere else, but I loved it nevertheless.

The whole scene regarding the dueling with Unger, that was a thing of beauty.

But, the never leaving Philly angle was fantastic.  Honestly, I could really see spending a long road trip in a pup trailer.  That might be fun, actually.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: September 29, 2009, 02:07:25 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 29, 2009, 01:56:10 PM

Was that piss?

Tangent!

But, the never leaving Philly angle was fantastic.  Honestly, I could really see spending a long road trip in a pup trailer.  That might be fun, actually.

For a brief time during my senior year of collage, we honestly thought it would be a good idea to rent a straight trailer, throw some couches and kegs in the back, drive down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, and just sleep in the trailer.  Then, we realized we wouldn't have access to showers, a locking door, air conditioning, seat belts, and beds.  And that the first guy stuck driving would end up driving the whole trip, because we'd all be getting wasted in the back.  And every other reason that's a dumb idea.

I miss college.
Hire Jim Essian!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: September 29, 2009, 02:31:31 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 29, 2009, 02:07:25 PM

Was that piss?

Tangent!

For a brief time during my senior year of collage, we honestly thought it would be a good idea to rent a straight trailer, throw some couches and kegs in the back, drive down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, and just sleep in the trailer.  Then, we realized we wouldn't have access to showers, a locking door, air conditioning, seat belts, and beds.  And that the first guy stuck driving would end up driving the whole trip, because we'd all be getting wasted in the back.  And every other reason that's a dumb idea.

I miss college.

I took a road trip to Iowa my freshman year in the back of a Uhaul with a bunch of other dudes. It was even MORE awesome than they made it look on the show. I can see how the beer bong we used as a toilet (tube sticking out the back) may have lost its luster on a drive all the way to New Orleans.[/frat douche]

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: September 29, 2009, 02:40:46 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 29, 2009, 02:31:31 PM

Was that piss?

Tangent!

I miss college.

I took a road trip to Iowa my freshman year in the back of a Uhaul with a bunch of other dudes. It was even MORE awesome than they made it look on the show. I can see how the beer bong we used as a toilet (tube sticking out the back) may have lost its luster on a drive all the way to New Orleans.[/frat douche]

RV's bro cred just shot straight through the roof.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: September 29, 2009, 04:54:32 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 29, 2009, 02:40:46 PM

Was that piss?

Tangent!

I miss college.

I can hear TDubbs' boner.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: September 29, 2009, 07:13:37 PM »
Quote from: Trinew: The Boiler on September 29, 2009, 04:54:32 PM

Was that piss?

Tangent!

I miss college.

Got you beat.  I can smell it.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: September 29, 2009, 07:17:55 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on September 29, 2009, 07:13:37 PM
Quote from: Trinew: The Boiler on September 29, 2009, 04:54:32 PM

Was that piss?

It was amazing.  I don't know why, but I always find it interesting when TV shows are written in a way that could probably work equally well on stage.  I must have theater on the brain after The Nightman Cometh.

Regarding your earlier Sweet Dee comment, something horrible has happened to her.  I used to think she was pretty hot, but she's just terrifying this season.  I know the ridiculous eye makeup her character wears doesn't help, but yikes.  I was even pretty creeped out by her bikini body.

Tangent!

But, the never leaving Philly angle was fantastic.  Honestly, I could really see spending a long road trip in a pup trailer.  That might be fun, actually.

For a brief time during my senior year of collage, we honestly thought it would be a good idea to rent a straight trailer, throw some couches and kegs in the back, drive down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, and just sleep in the trailer.  Then, we realized we wouldn't have access to showers, a locking door, air conditioning, seat belts, and beds.  And that the first guy stuck driving would end up driving the whole trip, because we'd all be getting wasted in the back.  And every other reason that's a dumb idea.

I miss college.

Got you beat.  I can smell it.

When TDubbs is with a slam piece, he makes sure they use all six senses on his boner.

Note: The Sixth Sense is being able to see the ghosts of those women his boner has slayed in the past.