News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia  ( 133,041 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
« Reply #330 on: September 30, 2009, 12:32:34 PM »
This show is not white bread.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: October 01, 2009, 11:35:15 AM »
Why did they rent a trailer if they weren't going to haul anything? Not very realistic.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: October 02, 2009, 11:34:35 AM »
Nice episode last night, but was anyone else disturbed by the continual Dave & Buster's/Coors references?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: October 02, 2009, 11:40:22 AM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on October 02, 2009, 11:34:35 AM
Nice episode last night, but was anyone else disturbed by the continual Dave & Buster's/Coors references?

I don't care. They are going to put the commercials somewhere if I am going to keep fast forwarding past the real ones.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: October 02, 2009, 02:31:15 PM »

The theories here are that it was irony based on the theme of the episode: recession.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: October 03, 2009, 10:19:02 PM »
Quote from: Mickey Nine: The Dream Weaver on October 02, 2009, 02:31:15 PM

The theories here are that it was irony based on the theme of the episode: recession.

Yeah, I think they were being ironical.  I thought it was a pretty weak episode overall.  MORE CHARLIE, PLEASE.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: October 04, 2009, 10:38:19 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 03, 2009, 10:19:02 PM

Yeah, I think they were being ironical.  I thought it was a pretty weak episode overall.  MORE CHARLIE, PLEASE.

I just think they tried a little bit too hard with the over-done ad placements, if they were in fact trying to be ironic about it.  I thought Charlie's story was going to be amazing this episode, but after trying to move back home and avoiding his pedophile uncle, they just dropped him completely until you see him homeless at the end.  I do like that they're starting to make Mac seem almost as dumb as Charlie sometimes. The bit with him saying he thinks he can get the D&B Power Card to work at a TGIF was awesome.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: October 05, 2009, 09:29:11 AM »

Yeah, I think they were being ironical.

That's what I gathered, too, but it seemed like there was a punchline missing or something.

I thought it was a pretty weak episode overall.  MORE CHARLIE, PLEASE.

That.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: October 05, 2009, 10:54:45 AM »
I'm willing to chalk it up to irony, provided IT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: October 10, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »
It's awesome that throughout this entire series, Charlie has only worn the same 3 or 4 shirts and jackets.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: October 15, 2009, 09:34:47 PM »
DPD

I really hope that Charlie's Match.com profile is on the internet somewhere.

"Just put milksteak.  She'll know what it is."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: October 15, 2009, 09:51:52 PM »
Great. Go have sex at Wendy's.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: October 20, 2009, 09:49:54 AM »
MORE CHARLIE, PLEASE.

THANK YOU.

The date was amazing.  "I'm a full-on rapist.  The elderly, the handicapped, children."  I think the making of the Match.com profile was one of the funniest scenes I can recall on this show.  "What are your hobbies?"  "Magnets."  "Like, collecting them, making them, what?"  "Just magnets."  Dennis' reactions were outstanding.

I also love how "Yeah, I don't really give a shit about all of that" has basically become a catchphrase for Dennis and Mack.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: October 20, 2009, 11:36:29 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 20, 2009, 09:49:54 AM
MORE CHARLIE, PLEASE.

THANK YOU.

The date was amazing.  "I'm a full-on rapist.  The elderly, the handicapped, children."  I think the making of the Match.com profile was one of the funniest scenes I can recall on this show.  "What are your hobbies?"  "Magnets."  "Like, collecting them, making them, what?"  "Just magnets."  Dennis' reactions were outstanding.

I also love how "Yeah, I don't really give a shit about all of that" has basically become a catchphrase for Dennis and Mack.

It's awesome how many times Charlie tries to defend one of his ridiculous ideas by claiming there's either no science to disprove it, or that he knows the science and Mac/Dennis don't (i.e. bird law and hornet honey).  I also like that they never actually give Dee a chance to redeem herself, whereas in most shows she would come out on top because of how much shit she takes.  But no, they just stick to the paragon with Dee as "The Useless Chick."

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: October 20, 2009, 11:43:02 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on October 20, 2009, 11:36:29 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 20, 2009, 09:49:54 AM
MORE CHARLIE, PLEASE.

THANK YOU.

It's awesome how many times Charlie tries to defend one of his ridiculous ideas by claiming there's either no science to disprove it, or that he knows the science and Mac/Dennis don't (i.e. bird law and hornet honey).  I also like that they never actually give Dee a chance to redeem herself, whereas in most shows she would come out on top because of how much shit she takes.  But no, they just stick to the paragon with Dee as "The Useless Chick."

Even when you're somewhat right, you suck.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?