News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia  ( 133,040 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2006, 05:51:27 AM »
Okay, you bastards, you got me.  I tried to hold out, but ended up... erm... "borrowing" the whole of the first series and have watched the first four episodes.

I actually switched off about two-thirds of the way through the first show, when Charlie is showing off his black friend to Waitress Girl.  It just got too cringeworthy.  I went back, though, and now I'm a little better tuned in to the vibe, I must admit I'm really enjoying it.

I agree that Charlie is a fantastic character, and I get the impression there's not even a great deal of acting going on.  He's a funny, funny guy and I'm pretty sure that a lot of it is improvised.  His reaction (right at the end of the first episode) when Dennis (I think) calls Terrell and his sister "you people" is absolutely priceless.  If you didn't notice it first time round, go back and have another look.

One of my favourite lines, which was perfectly delivered :

Dee : Are you really going to throw away all your convictions for a chance to get laid?

Dennis : I don't really have any convictions.

This made me laugh out loud, too :

Dee : How do you guys live with yourselves?

The boys :  One day at a time.

So there you go, despite my best efforts to look down my nose at American humo(u)r, I can't deny that there's a lot that I really like.  In fact, IASIP makes me want to live in America more than ever.  You boys don't know how good you've got it.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Dan

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2006, 07:29:41 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 18, 2006, 05:51:27 AM
Okay, you bastards, you got me.  I tried to hold out, but ended up... erm... "borrowing" the whole of the first series and have watched the first four episodes.

I actually switched off about two-thirds of the way through the first show, when Charlie is showing off his black friend to Waitress Girl.  It just got too cringeworthy.  I went back, though, and now I'm a little better tuned in to the vibe, I must admit I'm really enjoying it.

I agree that Charlie is a fantastic character, and I get the impression there's not even a great deal of acting going on.  He's a funny, funny guy and I'm pretty sure that a lot of it is improvised.  His reaction (right at the end of the first episode) when Dennis (I think) calls Terrell and his sister "you people" is absolutely priceless.  If you didn't notice it first time round, go back and have another look.

One of my favourite lines, which was perfectly delivered :

Dee : Are you really going to throw away all your convictions for a chance to get laid?

Dennis : I don't really have any convictions.

This made me laugh out loud, too :

Dee : How do you guys live with yourselves?

The boys :  One day at a time.

So there you go, despite my best efforts to look down my nose at American humo(u)r, I can't deny that there's a lot that I really like. In fact, IASIP makes me want to live in America more than ever.  You boys don't know how good you've got it.
oh, how humiliating
Except for the fact in the Ted Lilly one that you can see the baseball in his hand behind the knife. I don't know about the first one but I'm be very, very surprised if the second picture is an actual ad.

James Westfall

• Sex Panther from Odeon
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2006, 09:17:25 AM »
By the way...Tammy from the underage drinking ep....Hawt.

Slaky311

• Resident Aardsmologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2006, 09:40:17 AM »
Quote from: James Westfall on July 18, 2006, 09:17:25 AM
By the way...Tammy from the underage drinking ep....Hawt.

Oh yeah she was. That raspy voice, ridiculous body. Big fan of hers.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2006, 10:53:27 AM »
The granddaughter of the dude that died in the bar wasn't bad either.

Dan

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2006, 09:05:50 AM »
the actress who played the granddaughter was also hot in the underappreciated "Next Stop Wonderland."

for those of you who are uninitiated, you can watch the first episode of Sunny on YouTube.
part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U3-J7JwwM8
part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFgPvzC_dAQ
Except for the fact in the Ted Lilly one that you can see the baseball in his hand behind the knife. I don't know about the first one but I'm be very, very surprised if the second picture is an actual ad.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2006, 01:53:57 PM »
That 30-second, "Sweet Georgia Brown" scene from the last episode made me laugh until my poe widdle tummy huwt.  Charlie dribbling/"shooting"/blocking and the kid getting stabbed in the back -- wow.

Yah mo B there!

J Rod

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2006, 07:55:11 AM »
Alright, who saw last night's episode?  I almost fell off my couch laughing when Charlie was singing that song (if you can call it that) about being American...awesome...I hope that's on You Tube soon.

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2006, 09:06:54 AM »
Quote from: J Rod on August 11, 2006, 07:55:11 AM
Alright, who saw last night's episode?  I almost fell off my couch laughing when Charlie was singing that song (if you can call it that) about being American...awesome...I hope that's on You Tube soon.

It was awesome. Awesome!

Bringing back those creepy brothers was so wrong, yet so funny.

J Rod

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2006, 09:09:42 AM »
Quote from: The Slak on August 11, 2006, 09:06:54 AM

It was awesome. Awesome!

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET! YOU GET FORK STABBED!!!"

hahahaha....

Bad Kermit

« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2006, 09:26:46 AM »

It was awesome. Awesome!

Since I hadn't seen all of the first season, I thought, "What the hell is going on?"  I was sort of annoyed that the episode AFTER their return explained who they were in the first place.

J Rod

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »
Quote from: Bad Kermit on August 11, 2006, 09:26:46 AM

It was awesome. Awesome!

Since I hadn't seen all of the first season, I thought, "What the hell is going on?"  I was sort of annoyed that the episode AFTER their return explained who they were in the first place.

Yeah, but I did think it was a good play by F/X to show that episode right after to provide an explanation.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2006, 01:17:52 PM »

Before the end of the day I'll have to transcribe the lyrics to that.  I went back and watched it three times before watching the rest of the episode. 

Yah mo B there!

J Rod

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2006, 02:57:22 PM »
Quote from: KD on August 11, 2006, 01:17:52 PM

Before the end of the day I'll have to transcribe the lyrics to that.  I went back and watched it three times before watching the rest of the episode. 

That would be, dare I say, the balls if you could do that...

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2006, 06:09:15 PM »
Quote from: J Rod on August 11, 2006, 02:57:22 PM
Quote from: KD on August 11, 2006, 01:17:52 PM

That would be, dare I say, the balls if you could do that...

OK
OK
I'm gonna rise up
I'm gonna kick a little ass
I'm gonna kick some ass -- In the U-S-A
Gonna climb a mountain
Gonna sew a flag
Gonna fly on an eagle
I'm gonna kick some butt
I'm gonna drive a big truck
I'm gonna rule this world
I'm gonna kick some ass