News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Please add joyful positive here!!!!  ( 103,764 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Please add joyful positive here!!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007, 05:30:06 PM »
Quote from: Slaky! on June 29, 2007, 04:42:14 PM
Who is this team and what did they do with those turds from April???

GO CUBS!

I don't recognize these guys either but the turds from April are in Iowa fathering Chuck's wife's kids.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »
I was 'watching' gamecast in the office when it was 5-2, when we had a party.  Thought, maybe they can hold the Brewers and and win 6-5 and then thought "Nah.. they're the cubs".

Came back to see Cubs 6 Brewers 5.... need to find a copy of this game.

What a way to get to .500!
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »
When it was 5-0 I thought about those terrible games in 2004 when the Cubs got big leads on the Cardinals 6-0 and 5-0 I think and lost them both, and I thought, "Too bad we can't do one of those to the Brewers, that kind of kick to the nuts lasts a long time."

Who knew?

Count me in among the horde of idiots honking his horn and pumping his fist on the drive home.  Just saw the highlight with Len's call which was tremendous, but for this one I was glad to hear it through Pat Hughes' "eyes" with his always great home run call and Ron screaming like a banshee in the background.  Those two are at their best when something awesome happens, and I was more than happy to share it with them.  I also don't know how I kept the car on the road.

Treefuckingmendous.  Good times.

If a game is on the line, the Cub you want at the plate is E-ramis.  Always.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »
I went absolutely nuts when he hit it.  The best part was you knew it when it left the bat.

If we can take tomorrow's game, I think the pressure is on the Brew Crew, not us.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2007, 05:44:07 PM »
Quote from: Andy on June 29, 2007, 05:42:49 PM
If a game is on the line, the Cub you want at the plate is E-ramis.  Always.

But Aramis isn't clutch, remember?  His slow Aprils are testament to that!
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

The Big Cheese

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »
The E is for EXCELLENCE!!!!!!

Still speechless.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2007, 06:10:15 PM »
I'm sure you click on it every day anyway.  But if you get a chance, head over to the homepage and click on the "How are things going?" link.

For a day anyway, she's crying for a different reason.  Oh, you need to turn your sound up.  It's safe for work, I promise.

http://www.desipio.com

therick711

• Keeping Randall Simon's memory alive, one post at a time.
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2007, 06:19:42 PM »
Nice audio on the page.

Brewers winning the division?  That's not America--that's not even Mexico!
There's a drive . . . way back . . . gone if it's fair!  Caught at the wall!

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2007, 07:14:52 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=AsRHZYLYHT0LobmkVL_TM04RvLYF?gid=270629116

QuoteIt was Cordero's third blown save in 30 chances. Bob Howry (5-4) pitched one inning and got the win.

"This is a really tough loss," Cordero said. "Every time you hang a pitch it's going a long ways, especially a slider. He's a pretty good hitter. He got it on the sweet spot of the bat and it went a long way. It's not the first time it happened and it won't be the last time that it happens."

Really? Can you do it again Saturday and Sunday?

If it's okay to post this link to BCB someone there has the audio call of A-Ram's home run from Len & Bob, Pat & Ron (sounds like a Paul McCartney song) and Uecker. Santo goes ape shit.

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/story/2007/6/29/185350/258
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2007, 07:45:34 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on June 29, 2007, 07:14:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=AsRHZYLYHT0LobmkVL_TM04RvLYF?gid=270629116

QuoteIt was Cordero's third blown save in 30 chances. Bob Howry (5-4) pitched one inning and got the win.

"This is a really tough loss," Cordero said. "Every time you hang a pitch it's going a long ways, especially a slider. He's a pretty good hitter. He got it on the sweet spot of the bat and it went a long way. It's not the first time it happened and it won't be the last time that it happens."

Really? Can you do it again Saturday and Sunday?

If it's okay to post this link to BCB someone there has the audio call of A-Ram's home run from Len & Bob, Pat & Ron (sounds like a Paul McCartney song) and Uecker. Santo goes ape shit.

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/story/2007/6/29/185350/258

I have listen to that call by Pat and Ron like 20 times so far, and have gotten goosebumps every time.  That definitely deserves a splooge.   

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2007, 09:56:46 PM »
I was at work and watching the gamecast and had to leave for a meeting right before the bottom of the 9th...of course thinking that that the season was on the brink if they didn't win the last 2 so as not to lose momentum and ground. I come back 20 mins later and started jumping and yelling with people looking at me like "WTF's wrong with that tard" They win tomorrow then they'll sweep and the Brewers will never recover since they play the majority of their games on the road and the Cubs schedule is garbage. Len's and Pat and Ron's audio were the shit...but Eucker's was the best. Just listen to him try to get that out w/o wanting to swear. Also, the crowd going berserk sounds loudest on his call. I would've killed a drunken bum in an alley to have been there today. Ok, maybe that's going a little to far but...

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2007, 09:59:44 PM »

I'll tell you guys this - Even if they just hover around .500 for the rest of the season, if they can give us the feeling that they're at least in every game, I have nothing but throbbing, pulsating positive for these guys.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2007, 10:15:17 PM »
Mrs Cubbieblue and I were at  the  game  today.  At the end  of the first I was thinking "I came all the way from California for this?"  At the end of the game I was screaming "This is why I came all the way from California!"
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2007, 10:53:55 PM »
I was getting ready for little league coaching duties and had the game on.  Switched to the HD channel as Lee sac-flied in Soriano.  Next pitch, just sat there in joyous disbelief.

Nice win, guys.  Don't fuck it up by blowing the next two.  Bury those donkey raping shit eaters from cheeseland.

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2007, 11:17:33 PM »
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on June 29, 2007, 10:15:17 PM
Mrs Cubbieblue and I were at  the  game  today.  At the end  of the first I was thinking "I came all the way from California for this?"  At the end of the game I was screaming "This is why I came all the way from California!"

Good for you, Stew.  Approximately 70 years after your first game, you see one that I'm certain would be in your top 2 of all time.

Glad you could be there.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive