News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Jeff Samardzija Defenestration Thread  ( 75,378 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Jeff Samardzija Defenestration Thread
« Reply #255 on: December 17, 2013, 12:47:50 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 17, 2013, 12:42:14 PM
Fetch your pankfork, Bortles:

QuoteFormer Cub Mark DeRosa believes the team would be wise to hold on to Jeff Samardzija.

The current MLB Network analyst joined Comcast SportsNet to discuss the starting pitcher's future and the overall landscape of the MLB winter meetings.

With numerous rumors going around regarding the Cubs possibly trading Samardzija before the start of next season, Luke Stuckmeyer asked DeRosa if the Cubs should keep Samardzija. 

"Absolutely I do, I think he's what you build your team around," DeRosa said. "I watched him play football and then when he signed with the Cubs, I remember first meeting him at the Cubs convention when he got called up. His presence in the clubhouse and his presence amongst guys who were much older than him, he fit right in. This guy is a killer. I love everything about him and I'd be hard pressed to believe that the Cubs will let him walk away unless they are just totally blown away [with a trade proposal]."

DeRo doesn't care for meaningless things like "throws strikes" or "gets people out".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: December 17, 2013, 01:15:01 PM »
Quote from: Fork on December 17, 2013, 12:47:50 PM

QuoteFormer Cub Mark DeRosa believes the team would be wise to hold on to Jeff Samardzija.

The current MLB Network analyst joined Comcast SportsNet to discuss the starting pitcher's future and the overall landscape of the MLB winter meetings.

With numerous rumors going around regarding the Cubs possibly trading Samardzija before the start of next season, Luke Stuckmeyer asked DeRosa if the Cubs should keep Samardzija. 

"Absolutely I do, I think he's what you build your team around," DeRosa said. "I watched him play football and then when he signed with the Cubs, I remember first meeting him at the Cubs convention when he got called up. His presence in the clubhouse and his presence amongst guys who were much older than him, he fit right in. This guy is a killer. I love everything about him and I'd be hard pressed to believe that the Cubs will let him walk away unless they are just totally blown away [with a trade proposal]."

DeRo doesn't care for meaningless things like "throws strikes" or "gets people out".

They're obviously friends. I don't think any fan should expect to get an objective observation on anything from a guy who spent his career politicking and making bffs with reporters hither and yon.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: December 17, 2013, 01:26:37 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 17, 2013, 01:15:01 PM

They're obviously friends. I don't think any fan should expect to get an objective observation on anything from a guy who spent his career politicking and making bffs with reporters hither and yon.

He watched him play football, if that's not an indication of future success in baseball, nothing is.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: December 17, 2013, 01:28:14 PM »

I feel the same way about Kerm's relationship with Paul Sullivan.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: December 17, 2013, 01:52:02 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 17, 2013, 01:26:37 PM

He watched him play football, if that's not an indication of future success in baseball, nothing is.

Intrepid Readers: Every HS Football Coach In The World

Playing football is an indication of future success in LIFE!

Now go run another lap!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: December 17, 2013, 01:58:47 PM »
Fuck DeRosa. There's room in the Snork FIREBARN.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: December 17, 2013, 02:24:06 PM »
I wish I could more accurately tell the story I heard from my dad who knows a guy that went to one of Samardzija's apparently legendary house parties. Said guy went to use the john and walked in on our projected staff ace projecting his ace's staff into some lady. Mid-coital thrust he told the guy to go ahead and do his business.

What a friendly guy.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: December 17, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 17, 2013, 01:26:37 PM

THEY SHOULD GET JAY MCNOWN AND DAT JULIO PEPPER GUY TOO AND HIRE DITKER TO BE THERE COACH.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: December 17, 2013, 02:57:56 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 17, 2013, 02:24:06 PM
I wish I could more accurately tell the story I heard from my dad who knows a guy that went to one of Samardzija's apparently legendary house parties. Said guy went to use the john and walked in on our projected staff ace projecting his ace's staff into some lady. Mid-coital thrust he told the guy to go ahead and do his business.

What a friendly guy.

I'm going to steal this line and my only regret is that it's got a somewhat limited use.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: December 17, 2013, 03:54:23 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 17, 2013, 02:57:56 PM

What a friendly guy.

I'm going to steal this line and my only regret is that it's got a somewhat limited use.

He should write for a website.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: December 17, 2013, 04:05:23 PM »
Quote from: Fork on December 17, 2013, 03:54:23 PM

What a friendly guy.

Maybe even be on a podcast. That'd be cool.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: December 17, 2013, 04:14:44 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 17, 2013, 04:05:23 PM
Quote from: Fork on December 17, 2013, 03:54:23 PM

What a friendly guy.

Maybe even be on a podcast. That'd be cool.

As long as you're not Fro, you're good.
TIME TO POST!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: May 08, 2014, 09:09:13 AM »
Jeff is crabby.

Quote"This is an on-field issue for uniform personnel," Samardzija said Wednesday at U.S. Cellular Field. "That's all there is to it. I'm a grown man. I'm 29. I'm not a prospect or 22. I feel good. I think I'm grown up enough and responsible enough to understand when I can go and when I can't go.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: May 08, 2014, 09:22:59 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 08, 2014, 09:09:13 AM
Jeff is crabby.

Quote"This is an on-field issue for uniform personnel," Samardzija said Wednesday at U.S. Cellular Field. "That's all there is to it. I'm a grown man. I'm 29. I'm not a prospect or 22. I feel good. I think I'm grown up enough and responsible enough to understand when I can go and when I can't go.

I hope his arm literally explodes on his first start after they trade him. I want a doctor to be picking shards of Snork's ulna out of his stupid frat boy face.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: May 08, 2014, 09:26:50 AM »
Quote from: Bort on May 08, 2014, 09:22:59 AM
Quote from: Eli on May 08, 2014, 09:09:13 AM
Jeff is crabby.

I hope his arm literally explodes on his first start after they trade him. I want a doctor to be picking shards of Snork's ulna out of his stupid frat boy face.

It's a pretty dumb comment from him. But he's obviously frustrated and it's hard to blame him for that.