News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread  ( 57,763 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on October 10, 2013, 09:12:45 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 10, 2013, 08:41:28 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 09, 2013, 03:11:19 PM
The field has cleared for Jim EssianDave Martinez quite nicely.

Talk about a Ryne Sandberg suicide watch when Martinez leads the Cubs to the World Series.

Dave Kaplan was on my tv trashing every single candidate mentioned with intel from "very high-level MLB" sources to back him up. He said Martinez isn't high on the Cubs' list. Kaplan doesn't know shit though. So there's that.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 11, 2013, 10:35:52 AM

Talk about a Ryne Sandberg suicide watch when Martinez leads the Cubs to the World Series.

Dave Kaplan was on my tv trashing every single candidate mentioned with intel from "very high-level MLB" sources to back him up. He said Martinez isn't high on the Cubs' list. Kaplan doesn't know shit though. So there's that.

Kaplan is Chuck?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on October 11, 2013, 10:38:32 AM

Kaplan is Chuck?

Maybe Chuck was his source.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 11, 2013, 10:40:22 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 11, 2013, 10:38:32 AM

Kaplan is Chuck?

Maybe Chuck was his source.

We're through the looking glass, people.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
https://twitter.com/ivychat/status/389428926168059904

Quote from: Internet ChuckI don't care who they hire so long as they don't make another mistake.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 13, 2013, 01:50:09 PM
https://twitter.com/ivychat/status/389428926168059904

Quote from: Internet ChuckI don't care who they hire so long as they don't make another mistake.

DO NOT MAKE 1 MORE SINGLE MISTAKE!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

RedBeard

• Hank White Fan Club
They should bring Don Zimmer back. They could pay him in cheeseburgers. And if he strokes out again, they could always bring Quade back - he could mole squint into the setting sun of the Cubs hopes and dreams for one more season.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: RedBeard on October 24, 2013, 03:59:08 AM
They should bring Don Zimmer back. They could pay him in cheeseburgers. And if he strokes out again, they could always bring Quade back - he could mole squint into the setting sun of the Cubs hopes and dreams for one more season.

Who is RedBeard?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread
« Reply #398 on: November 04, 2013, 03:29:09 PM »
This feels like it should probably go in the butthurt thread.

The Cubs want to interview Red Sox bench coach Torey Lovullo for their managerial opening and make a decision on the position soon.

The Cubs and Red Sox reached an agreement that they would not hire each other's employees after Theo Epstein left Boston for Chicago in Oct. 2011. That agreement remains in effect, though its exact length is not known.

How the agreement applies to Lovullo is unclear: He did not become a Red Sox employee until Oct. 2012, about a full year after Epstein's departure. In addition, teams generally allow employees to interview for promotions. For Lovullo, the Cubs' job certainly would qualify.

The Red Sox, however, apparently are going by the letter of the agreement, and balking at the idea of Lovullo interviewing with the Cubs.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread
« Reply #399 on: November 06, 2013, 03:55:03 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 04, 2013, 03:29:09 PM

The Cubs want to interview Red Sox bench coach Torey Lovullo for their managerial opening and make a decision on the position soon.

The Cubs and Red Sox reached an agreement that they would not hire each other's employees after Theo Epstein left Boston for Chicago in Oct. 2011. That agreement remains in effect, though its exact length is not known.

How the agreement applies to Lovullo is unclear: He did not become a Red Sox employee until Oct. 2012, about a full year after Epstein's departure. In addition, teams generally allow employees to interview for promotions. For Lovullo, the Cubs' job certainly would qualify.

The Red Sox, however, apparently are going by the letter of the agreement, and balking at the idea of Lovullo interviewing with the Cubs.

Lucchino must be awesome to work for.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: November 06, 2013, 04:01:17 PM »

I can't imagine Lovullo is too happy with that.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: November 06, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
Quote from: BH on November 06, 2013, 03:55:03 PM

Lucchino must be awesome to work for.

He's a joy. No one has ever quit on him, right?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: November 06, 2013, 06:07:44 PM »
RIC KRENTERIA.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: November 06, 2013, 07:43:47 PM »
Does Davey need to bang Laura Ricketts to get the job?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.