News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Town  ( 1,996 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Town
« on: November 07, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »
From the previews I expected something like "The Departed".  It isn't anything like The Departed".   This is an old fashioned movie about armed robbery capers.  It tries for suspense, but doesn't get there.  Ben Affleck produced, directed and stars.  I guess that he is the second coming of Orson Welles.  Not a bad way to spend an afternoon if you are looking for an alternative to watching the Bears on TV.  The "Town" in the title refers to Charlestown in Boston, which is described as the largest single incubator of bank robbers in the country.  There is a very funny notice on the screen at the end saying that not everyone from Charlestown is a bank robber.  (I ran spell check which told me that it didn't recognise "Affleck".  One of its alternatives was "afflict".   I chose the "ignore" button.)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Town
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 04:54:45 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 07, 2010, 10:52:49 AM
From the previews I expected something like "The Departed".  It isn't anything like The Departed".   This is an old fashioned movie about armed robbery capers.  It tries for suspense, but doesn't get there.  Ben Affleck produced, directed and stars.  I guess that he is the second coming of Orson Welles.  Not a bad way to spend an afternoon if you are looking for an alternative to watching the Bears on TV.  The "Town" in the title refers to Charlestown in Boston, which is described as the largest single incubator of bank robbers in the country.  There is a very funny notice on the screen at the end saying that not everyone from Charlestown is a bank robber.  (I ran spell check which told me that it didn't recognise "Affleck".  One of its alternatives was "afflict".   I chose the "ignore" button.)

We get it, you don't do anything other than watch movies.  Thanks weebs.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 05:07:11 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on November 07, 2010, 04:54:45 PM

Is Weebs still around? 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 06:26:13 PM »

Who is this "we", on whose behalf you always presume to speak? 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 11:43:17 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 07, 2010, 06:26:13 PM

People who buy and wear gay jeans.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 01:19:23 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 08, 2010, 11:43:17 AM

I just got around to noticing this Epic Internet Win. *Tips Cap*
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 12:43:36 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 22, 2010, 01:19:23 PM

What are ghey jeans?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 02:38:16 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 20, 2010, 12:43:36 PM

What are ghey jeans?

Boot-cut, pre-distressed and certified gay.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 03:12:08 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 20, 2010, 02:38:16 PM

What are ghey jeans?

Is there a list of rules somewhere?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 04:56:46 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 20, 2010, 03:12:08 PM

What are ghey jeans?

...in a book Crabs didn't read.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 08:45:14 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 20, 2010, 03:12:08 PM

What are ghey jeans?

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16