News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015: The Back To The Future Season  ( 112,748 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2015: The Back To The Future Season
« Reply #1095 on: September 19, 2015, 03:27:32 PM »
As the ninth inning marched on, I have to think that the Cardinals were certain they'd come back and win. After all, they've done it so many times this year, and everything looked to be going their way. I love the idea that their complete certainty was so swiftly obliterated by Strop. That had to be a gut punch.
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1096 on: September 20, 2015, 04:53:43 PM »
I think if Riz doesn't get thrown out at home in the 8th, they probably win that game.  They'll get 'em next time.  The days of shitting their pants against the Cardinals are clearly over.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1097 on: September 20, 2015, 05:19:03 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 20, 2015, 04:53:43 PM
I think if Riz doesn't get thrown out at home in the 8th, they probably win that game.  They'll get 'em next time.  The days of shitting their pants against the Cardinals are clearly over.

Why Rizzo was ever sent on a shallow fly ball to Jason Heyward is the question.  Maybe if there had already been one out, but when the next guy would still have been looking at bases loaded, one out? Guh.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1098 on: September 20, 2015, 05:27:06 PM »
But yeah taking 6/9 from these bastards has been fun. Just a little frustrating how close they've been in the three they dropped, but that's the sign of a good team. The Cardinals are clearly scared and they're wound tight as all get out. October will not be kind to them
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1099 on: September 21, 2015, 07:55:17 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 20, 2015, 04:53:43 PM

Or if Soler had actually been a nanosecond later on that Rosenthal heater.

(things I never thought I'd say)
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1100 on: September 21, 2015, 09:02:30 AM »
I have a friend who'll be in Toronto for the WC game on 10/7.  I'd hate to assume that The Cubs will be in it but, just in case, any of you morans know of a good Chicago bar in which to watch the game?  Kurt? Anyone?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1101 on: September 21, 2015, 10:55:53 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on September 21, 2015, 09:02:30 AM
I have a friend who'll be in Toronto for the WC game on 10/7.  I'd hate to assume that The Cubs will be in it but, just in case, any of you morans know of a good Chicago bar in which to watch the game?  Kurt? Anyone?

I've got a 14 month old at home, so my working knowledge of bars is next to nil. But I'll ask around. I will say that Torontonians are being weirdly hostile toward anybody who isn't a Jays fan right now (hypocritical considering that nobody gave a shit three months ago). If I can't find a bar that's specifically Chicago friendly, I'll certainly be able to recommend one where at least the food is outstanding. I'll let you know.
M'lady.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1102 on: September 21, 2015, 12:22:05 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on September 21, 2015, 10:55:53 AM

I've got a 14 month old at home, so my working knowledge of bars is next to nil. But I'll ask around. I will say that Torontonians are being weirdly hostile toward anybody who isn't a Jays fan right now (hypocritical considering that nobody gave a shit three months ago). If I can't find a bar that's specifically Chicago friendly, I'll certainly be able to recommend one where at least the food is outstanding. I'll let you know.

Just tell people you might be a Cubs fan but gee golly Wendel Clark was the best.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1103 on: September 21, 2015, 01:49:15 PM »
Oleg, if your friend is downtown, I'd suggest Gretsky's, which is close to Skydome/Rogers Centre. It's a pretty good sports bar and, while there won't necessarily be Cubs fans, people should be respectful and the game should be on. If your friend wants a bar with some of the best buffalo wings in the free world, I would recommend Duff's, which has a location on College (somewhat close to the downtown core of Toronto) and Bayview (a bit further out, and close to where I lived when I was basement-dwelling).

The problem with Toronto is that it's shit to drive around, and the metro is underwhelming. I can probably recommend a few other places, based on where your friend is staying. Assuming Toronto fans dial down the attitude, he should be good most places anyway.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1104 on: September 21, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 21, 2015, 12:22:05 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on September 21, 2015, 10:55:53 AM

Just tell people you might be a Cubs fan but gee golly Wendel Clark was the best.

and Kerry Fraser is worse than Hitler.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1105 on: September 21, 2015, 04:26:27 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on September 21, 2015, 01:49:15 PM
Oleg, if your friend is downtown, I'd suggest Gretsky's, which is close to Skydome/Rogers Centre. It's a pretty good sports bar and, while there won't necessarily be Cubs fans, people should be respectful and the game should be on. If your friend wants a bar with some of the best buffalo wings in the free world, I would recommend Duff's, which has a location on College (somewhat close to the downtown core of Toronto) and Bayview (a bit further out, and close to where I lived when I was basement-dwelling).

The problem with Toronto is that it's shit to drive around, and the metro is underwhelming. I can probably recommend a few other places, based on where your friend is staying. Assuming Toronto fans dial down the attitude, he should be good most places anyway.

Thanks.  You're the second person to recommend Gretzky's.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1106 on: September 21, 2015, 05:08:47 PM »
Based on the rotation tweets I've seen today, here's my best guesstimate at the rotation through the NLDS, with Arrieta & Lester on regular rest. Could Joe just go with a Bullpen Monster for all of the non-Jake/non-Jon starts? I'm kind of hoping he does - two innings each from Wood/Cahill/Richard gets you to the back end of the bullpen.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1107 on: September 21, 2015, 07:57:51 PM »
I know Rizzo scored because Milwaukee sucks but holy shit Gary Jones is nuts.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1108 on: September 21, 2015, 09:10:39 PM »
Tommy The Stella deserves some love for being red-hot lately. So, uh, nice going, Tom, keep it up.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1109 on: September 21, 2015, 09:22:48 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 21, 2015, 09:10:39 PM
Tommy The Stella deserves some love for being red-hot lately. So, uh, nice going, Tom, keep it up.

He's come a long way. It wasn't that long ago that some people questioned his very existence.