News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Week 1- Falcons at Bears. No fucking squib kicks, Lovie.  ( 8,003 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Week 1- Falcons at Bears. No fucking squib kicks, Lovie.
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 09:31:48 AM »
Quote from: fiveouts on September 12, 2011, 09:26:09 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on September 12, 2011, 05:04:37 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 11, 2011, 11:01:52 PM
Quote from: Fork on September 11, 2011, 10:50:51 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 11, 2011, 09:59:00 PM
Quote from: Fork on September 11, 2011, 09:39:33 PM
The only thing I have to say that's bad is that the defense still sucks when the other team is in a hurry-up offense and therefore, gave up over 400 total yards. I still think the defense was dominant.

I hope you were trying to channel Fro there, because anybody even remotely concerned about the yardage (especially since Matt Ryan had I think only 123 yards before the score was 30-6 and the defense went full on prevent) is beyond a total dipshit. The points, sacks, and turnovers are all Lovie cares about. Matt Ryan finished with just 6.8 YPA. As a team they only gained 5.9 yards per pass play. Yardage totals don't really mean shit for a Tampa Two defense. They stonewalled them in the red zone, and Charles Tillman dominated Roddy White.

If by "channel" you mean "copy and paste", then yeah.

Sigh. I went over there. God dammit, Fro. Oh well, at least he admits that he actually enjoyed the game. God, next Sunday is too fucking far away. Also, my preseason Melton boner was thoroughly justified today. Every time I see him play I think of John Randle, who was one of a very select few Minnesota Vikings I didn't despise.

That game would have been totally different if the Falcons D could catch two easy picks that Utler just threw into their hands.  Yet another one in the red zone too. 

If you ignore the fact that the red zone near-pick only happened because the DB decided to mount Devin Hester about a second before the ball got there, then sure.

I agree, but I also think if Jay leads Hester by another two feet, he either gets the TD or the flag. Bad throw.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 09:49:47 AM »
The Bears are only good because they have Julius Peppers and Brian Urlacher and Charles Tillman and Jay Cutler and Matt Forte and Johnny Knox and Kellen Davis and Devin Hester. You take those guys off the team and replace them with John Thierry, Brian Cox and Walt Harris and Rick Mirer and Rashaan Salaam and Curtis Conway and Ryan Wetnight and Rickey Proehl, they're the 1997 Bears.

Defense looked dominant, and the offense will get even better. They were thisclose to it being a 42-6 game. Have they been this dominant since 2006?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 10:02:17 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 12, 2011, 09:49:47 AM
The Bears are only good because they have Julius Peppers and Brian Urlacher and Charles Tillman and Jay Cutler and Matt Forte and Johnny Knox and Kellen Davis and Devin Hester. You take those guys off the team and replace them with John Thierry, Brian Cox and Walt Harris and Rick Mirer and Rashaan Salaam and Curtis Conway and Ryan Wetnight and Rickey Proehl, they're the 1997 Bears.

Defense looked dominant, and the offense will get even better. They were thisclose It's stupid how close it was to it being a 42-6 game. Have they been this dominant since 2006?

Our #1 Wideout'd.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2011, 10:09:02 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 12, 2011, 10:02:17 AM

Defense looked dominant, and the offense will get even better. They were thisclose It's stupid how close it was to it being a 42-6 game. Have they been this dominant since 2006?

Our #1 Wideout'd.

+1. I'll never get tired of making fun of that fucking goof.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2011, 11:13:39 AM »

Defense looked dominant, and the offense will get even better. They were thisclose to it being a 42-6 game. Have they been this dominant since 2006?

None of this matters though because Bill Barnwell looked at the math and the two deflected pass that could have been interceptions and saw the incredibly misleading yardage totals and decided that these teams played the same and Chicago got lucky because of the turnovers and fuck this I don't care and I'm not doing this this year. Go Bears. Just keep winning and pissing everyone off in the process.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2011, 11:19:55 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 12, 2011, 11:13:39 AM

Go Bears. Just keep winning and pissing everyone off in the process.

THIS
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2011, 11:21:56 AM »

None of this matters though because Bill Barnwell looked at the math and the two deflected pass that could have been interceptions and saw the incredibly misleading yardage totals and decided that these teams played the same and Chicago got lucky because of the turnovers and fuck this I don't care and I'm not doing this this year. Go Bears. Just keep winning and pissing everyone off in the process.

I need clarification - is this a Deserved Win for Atlanta or not?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2011, 11:23:24 AM »
Quote from: CT III on September 12, 2011, 11:21:56 AM

I need clarification - is this a Deserved Win for Atlanta or not?

Let's not lose sight of the real issues - as Fro pointed out, Cutler overthrew 3 balls to receivers.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2011, 11:51:16 AM »
Is this Bill Barnwell a real person or a blogger?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 12, 2011, 11:51:16 AM

He writes for Grantland.com, so neither.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2011, 01:43:42 PM »

He portrays himself as an unbiased "stats guy," but (in a more obvious fashion than most) selectively uses statistics to support his own subjective beliefs, like when he felt the need to explain that the Bears aren't especially noteworthy in terms of "percentage of fumbles recovered," and therefore this game was an outlier (I'm not linking to his piece of shit article). He of course forgets to mention that the Bears have been one of the top teams in terms of takeaway damn near every year Lovie's been head coach. Yay for confirmation bias.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2011, 02:47:10 PM »
Quote from: fiveouts on September 12, 2011, 01:43:42 PM

He portrays himself as an unbiased "stats guy," but (in a more obvious fashion than most) selectively uses statistics to support his own subjective beliefs, like when he felt the need to explain that the Bears aren't especially noteworthy in terms of "percentage of fumbles recovered," and therefore this game was an outlier (I'm not linking to his piece of shit article). He of course forgets to mention that the Bears have been one of the top teams in terms of takeaway damn near every year Lovie's been head coach. Yay for confirmation bias.

But just think: had Sean Weatherspoon tackled Forte on his TD reception instead of not tackling him, Forte would have never scored a TD on that particular reception.

And, sure, the Bears' five sacks of Matt Ryan may look nice on paper. But, once you consider the fact that the Falcons only gave up 1.3 sacks per game in 2010, you realize that it's not that impressive at all. Because what's easier than sacking a guy who doesn't get sacked much?

I mean, the Bears were rushing four defensive linemen against the Falcons one QB. 4-on-1? That's hardly a fair fight.

Meanwhile, the sports books actually like Detroit's chances at home against the mighty Chiefs (WHO MADE THE PLAYOFFS LAST SEASON) more than they like the Bears' chances on the road at the Saints (who only won eleven games in 2010).

So much for that vaunted road field advantage, I guess.

No, the deeper you dig into the stats that matter, you more you realize that the 2011 Bears are little more than a mirage.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2011, 02:55:38 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 12, 2011, 02:47:10 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on September 12, 2011, 01:43:42 PM

But just think: had Sean Weatherspoon tackled Forte on his TD reception instead of not tackling him, Forte would have never scored a TD on that particular reception.

And, sure, the Bears' five sacks of Matt Ryan may look nice on paper. But, once you consider the fact that the Falcons only gave up 1.3 sacks per game in 2010, you realize that it's not that impressive at all. Because what's easier than sacking a guy who doesn't get sacked much?

I mean, the Bears were rushing four defensive linemen against the Falcons one QB. 4-on-1? That's hardly a fair fight.

Meanwhile, the sports books actually like Detroit's chances at home against the mighty Chiefs (WHO MADE THE PLAYOFFS LAST SEASON) more than they like the Bears' chances on the road at the Saints (who only won eleven games in 2010).

So much for that vaunted road field advantage, I guess.

No, the deeper you dig into the stats that matter, you more you realize that the 2011 Bears are little more than a mirage.

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter, please.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2011, 02:58:45 PM »
The Falcons were starting two nubes at center and guard yesterday, which might explain why their line looked like the Bears line usually does. Let's be glad the Bears took advantage and remind ourselves that they won't all be this easy.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2011, 03:11:41 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 12, 2011, 02:58:45 PM
The Falcons were starting two nubes at center and guard yesterday, which might explain why their line looked like the Bears line usually does. Let's be glad the Bears took advantage and remind ourselves that they won't all be this easy.

Certainly not against Olin Kreutz.