News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,986 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2009, 05:01:44 PM »
Intrepid reader: Al

As first posted by tomas21 earlier this afternoon ... Milton Bradley may be on his way to becoming a Detroit Tiger. This rumor was confirmed to me from my own sources, so I think this possibility does have legs, and I hope it happens, sooner rather than later.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2009, 05:09:04 PM »
It gets better yet...

Quote from: BaseballStoneIn detroit for the series. Understand a guy named bruce miles believes that the whole bradley story was made up. Who is bruce miles.

28 minutes ago from txt
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2009, 06:13:52 PM »
Quote from: Tank on July 25, 2009, 05:09:04 PM
It gets better yet...

Quote from: BaseballStoneIn detroit for the series. Understand a guy named bruce miles believes that the whole bradley story was made up. Who is bruce miles.

28 minutes ago from txt

It gets even better yet.

QuoteTwo very solid baseball sources confirmed for me just moments ago that the Detroit Tigers are interested in Cubs RF Milton Bradley.

I really hope his two sources are Stone and Al.

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2009, 06:17:58 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on July 25, 2009, 06:13:52 PM
It gets better yet...

28 minutes ago from txt

It gets even better yet.

QuoteTwo very solid baseball sources confirmed for me just moments ago that the Detroit Tigers are interested in Cubs RF Milton Bradley.

Kap was on the postgame show on the radio, all atwitter with the power of twitter.  He said that "an agent friend of his" tipped him off around the same time that Stone texted him, so he went with it on the blog.  By then, he'd heard the official Tigers denial and was just like, hey, all I said was that it was a rumor.  And he rambled about how fans at Wrigley had heard the news because they saw it on twitter (presumably on their phones).  He must have mentioned like 16 times that his "very close friend" Stoney was his source.  He seemed super-proud of it.  Anyway, add me to the list of ex-Stone fans.  His twitters are just weird.  Like the Beckham/Bradley comparison?  Every team wants a young stud controlled player.  You can't just magically acquire them instead of actual free agents.  It's sad that he's still so bitter.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2009, 06:22:04 PM »
Quote from: smg on July 25, 2009, 06:17:58 PM
Quote from: Weebs on July 25, 2009, 06:13:52 PM
It gets better yet...

28 minutes ago from txt

It gets even better yet.

Kap was on the postgame show on the radio, all atwitter with the power of twitter.  He said that "an agent friend of his" tipped him off around the same time that Stone texted him, so he went with it on the blog.  By then, he'd heard the official Tigers denial and was just like, hey, all I said was that it was a rumor.  And he rambled about how fans at Wrigley had heard the news because they saw it on twitter (presumably on their phones).  He must have mentioned like 16 times that his "very close friend" Stoney was his source.  He seemed super-proud of it.  Anyway, add me to the list of ex-Stone fans.  His twitters are just weird.  Like the Beckham/Bradley comparison?  Every team wants a young stud controlled player.  You can't just magically acquire them instead of actual free agents.  It's sad that he's still so bitter.

Intrepid Reader: TDubbs

Hi.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2009, 08:08:45 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on July 25, 2009, 04:20:50 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 25, 2009, 03:36:28 PM
But, really... Why stop there?

Quote from: BaseballStoneJason marquis has the most wins in baseball with 12. Can bob apodaca be that much better than larry rothchild, or did that trade stink.

5:52 AM Jul 21st from txt

Quote from: BaseballStoneHave you noticed that sox rookie gordon beckham is hitting .304 with 2 more rbi than cubs superstar milton bradley. Milt 10m beck 300 thou.

7:07 AM Jul 22nd from txt

Quote from: BaseballStoneCongrats to milton bradley for staying off the disabled list for 75 games as of fridays tilt with cinci. It kicks in a 12mil 2011 contract.

6:19 AM Jul 23rd from txt

Not one tweet about Burly the day of his perfecto.

Stoney's all but going all Cubs all the time these days. Guess he knows what Sox fans want.

My friend told me about him instigating all this shit about Bradley.  Fuck Stone.  I can't believe I liked the guy for a while when he was still doing Cubs games.  What a miserable piece of shit.

I hope he finds his old friend Valley Fever soon.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2009, 08:19:37 PM »
Quote from: Slak on July 25, 2009, 08:08:45 PM
Quote from: Weebs on July 25, 2009, 04:20:50 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 25, 2009, 03:36:28 PM
But, really... Why stop there?

Quote from: BaseballStoneJason marquis has the most wins in baseball with 12. Can bob apodaca be that much better than larry rothchild, or did that trade stink.

5:52 AM Jul 21st from txt

Quote from: BaseballStoneHave you noticed that sox rookie gordon beckham is hitting .304 with 2 more rbi than cubs superstar milton bradley. Milt 10m beck 300 thou.

7:07 AM Jul 22nd from txt

Quote from: BaseballStoneCongrats to milton bradley for staying off the disabled list for 75 games as of fridays tilt with cinci. It kicks in a 12mil 2011 contract.

6:19 AM Jul 23rd from txt

Not one tweet about Burly the day of his perfecto.

Stoney's all but going all Cubs all the time these days. Guess he knows what Sox fans want.

My friend told me about him instigating all this shit about Bradley.  Fuck Stone.  I can't believe I liked the guy for a while when he was still doing Cubs games.  What a miserable piece of shit.

I hope he finds his old friend Valley Fever soon.

I love you, drunken Slaky.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 13, 2009, 08:47:24 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 13, 2009, 08:40:25 AM
Quote from: EVILteddie on July 12, 2009, 03:58:20 PM
how do I get people to follow me! I feel like I am talking to myself damnit.

grow bewbs.

I was really hoping no one would reply so Kurt could continue feeling like he is talking to himself.  But then you had to post and ruin that.

That's Kurt? Thank Christ. I was wondering who the fuck would choose a KE photoshop for his/her avatar. Now I only have to feel sorry for one person again.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2009, 10:16:29 PM »
Unless the rumor got to XTRA Radio, Stone and Kap have nothing on Desipio.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2009, 09:06:55 AM »
http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2325#comment-10772

QuoteBruce, you're probably already aware of this, but Stone took a shot at you on Twitter. His presence there has been annoying to say the least. Nothing but snark and bitterness toward the Cubs and never a positive word when the team has any kind of success. I've replied to a few of his tweets, but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't pay any attention to feedback.

This is yet another incident in a pattern of bad behavior by Stone, who I used to think was a pretty good baseball analyst. Sadly, his years of appearances on The Score seem to have permanently warped his sense of professionalism.

...@dat_cubfan_dave
Posted by dat cubfan daver on Sat, 07/25/2009 - 21:15

QuoteI'm laughing out loud over that. Shows you a couple things: One, Stone could never be a GM. He's too thin skinned and doesn't want the accountability. Two, he's playing the "I'm bigger than you" card. Nice.

If Stone was such a brilliant baseball mind, why haven't the 29 other teams lined up to hire him?

Great story. A few years ago in Pittsuburgh, he was going on about what he was going to do "when" he bought the A's. Ron Santo finished his dinner, wiped his mouth and said, "I'll tell you what you're going to be doing next year _ broadcasting baseball!"

And so it was. And so it is.
Posted by Bruce on Sat, 07/25/2009 - 21:18

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2009, 09:23:03 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 26, 2009, 09:06:55 AM
http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2325#comment-10772

QuoteBruce, you're probably already aware of this, but Stone took a shot at you on Twitter. His presence there has been annoying to say the least. Nothing but snark and bitterness toward the Cubs and never a positive word when the team has any kind of success. I've replied to a few of his tweets, but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't pay any attention to feedback.

This is yet another incident in a pattern of bad behavior by Stone, who I used to think was a pretty good baseball analyst. Sadly, his years of appearances on The Score seem to have permanently warped his sense of professionalism.

...@dat_cubfan_dave
Posted by dat cubfan daver on Sat, 07/25/2009 - 21:15

QuoteI'm laughing out loud over that. Shows you a couple things: One, Stone could never be a GM. He's too thin skinned and doesn't want the accountability. Two, he's playing the "I'm bigger than you" card. Nice.

If Stone was such a brilliant baseball mind, why haven't the 29 other teams lined up to hire him?

Great story. A few years ago in Pittsuburgh, he was going on about what he was going to do "when" he bought the A's. Ron Santo finished his dinner, wiped his mouth and said, "I'll tell you what you're going to be doing next year _ broadcasting baseball!"

And so it was. And so it is.
Posted by Bruce on Sat, 07/25/2009 - 21:18

I wonder who paid for that meal...

Edited to include this awesome comment from that same thread:
QuoteBradley Trade
Steve Stone did not break any news. I posted a comment suggesting the Cubs trade Bradley to Detroit for Magglio last Wed.

Posted by JC Martin on Sat, 07/25/2009 - 20:14

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2009, 10:47:10 AM »
Not that Steve Stone would take the time to read anything regarding his performance as Chicago's foremost pompous jackass, but I'd like to see Dolan take him on in the next dose. Time to see if we can register on his radar.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2009, 12:16:51 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 25, 2009, 09:43:38 PM
Quote from: Eli on July 13, 2009, 08:47:24 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 13, 2009, 08:40:25 AM
Quote from: EVILteddie on July 12, 2009, 03:58:20 PM
how do I get people to follow me! I feel like I am talking to myself damnit.

grow bewbs.

I was really hoping no one would reply so Kurt could continue feeling like he is talking to himself.  But then you had to post and ruin that.

That's Kurt? Thank Christ. I was wondering who the fuck would choose a KE photoshop for his/her avatar. Now I only have to feel sorry for one person again.

Not Kurt.

EVILteddie.

Quote from: Slak on July 26, 2009, 10:47:10 AM
Not that Steve Stone would take the time to read anything regarding his performance as Chicago's foremost pompous jackass, but I'd like to see Dolan take him on in the next dose. Time to see if we can register on his radar.

Who the fuck is Desip?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2009, 12:54:47 PM »
I know Santo gets a ton of heat for his broadcasting "ability", but he's been able to (Supposedly) beat up tHom and put Steve Stone in his place... Those two things alone should get him into Cooperstown, forget the fact that what he did during his playing career should already have him there...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club