News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,977 )

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2009, 01:37:26 PM »
You're all jealous.  @BaseballStone is a god amongst men and the envy of every other broadcaster.  He picks up the check because he feels bad that no one else is as knowledgeable about baseball as he is.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2009, 02:01:08 PM »
You gotta love Bruce Miles

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2327

QuoteFor some reason, I got the Who's "Who are You" running through my head today. Even Jim Hendry came up to me and said, "Hey, who are you?" I don't know what's going on. Musta been something about twits or Twitter or something that everybody's giving me a hard time.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2009, 03:56:06 PM »
Quote from: Poon on July 26, 2009, 01:37:26 PM
You're all jealous.  @BaseballStone is a god amongst men and the envy of every other broadcaster.  He picks up the check because he feels bad that no one else is as knowledgeable about baseball as he is.

Sweet Jehovah's ghost!

Intrepid Reader: The Penscaper

You gotta trim that shit right there, hombre.

You want the chicas to mistake you for a greased seal.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2009, 04:26:49 PM »
Moses, smell the roses...

Stoney once gave Steve Guttenberg a run for his sexy '80s hirsute Hebrew money.

QuoteLast year Steve Stone stripped off his baseball stripes in exchange for a coat and tie, bringing to a close his brilliant career in the majors. Now he is a successful restauranteur and sportscaster. "I knew that one day the uniform would have to be set aside," Steve says. And here he sheds his "new uniform" as well to reveal his winning assets—his hirsute chest, powerful shoulders and enticing tush. Many ballplayers were dazzled by Steve's slick curve ball. In fact, during the 1980 season, Steve won the prestigious Cy Young Award for an outstanding year as a Baltimore Orioles pitcher. But an injured shoulder took him out of the game in 1982. "Obviously, the feeling I got from the cheering crowd is irreplaceable," he explains. "But I never was a one-dimensional player, like some of the other guys. I've always had other interests—the restaurant, writing poetry and screenplays, and sportscasting—and I was ready."

As an active bachelor, Steve's interests are hardly limited to the vocational. "Let's just say I enjoy my single life," says the ex-baseball player, smiling. "I like variety." What draws him to certain women? "I really like a conversationalist who has a sense of humor. Intelligence. An athletic body," he adds. But he never leaves anything to fate. "I've been involved in the psychic world all my life," Steve declares. "I believe that everyone can benefit by refining his or her mental processes. I use meditation techniques in all facets of my life. If I want something, I see it in my mind first." So what does he envision for his own future? Steve, who went into the restaurant business in the early seventies, operates a classy eatery in Scottsdale, Arizona, and soon will expand to another outlet in Lake Tahoe, California. He has also been asked to call Chicago Cubs home games on WGN-TV and to join the sportscasting team for ABC Monday Night Baseball. "My idol now is Vin Scully. He gives viewers a tremendous feel for the game," Steve marvels. "I want to refine my skills to be able to do that." Playgirl predicts even more: Steve Stone will find throngs of women pitching for his amorous attentions!
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2009, 04:31:10 PM »
Quote from: Tank on July 26, 2009, 04:26:49 PM
Moses, smell the roses...

Stoney once gave Steve Guttenberg a run for his sexy '80s hirsute Hebrew money.

QuoteLast year Steve Stone stripped off his baseball stripes in exchange for a coat and tie, bringing to a close his brilliant career in the majors. Now he is a successful restauranteur and sportscaster. "I knew that one day the uniform would have to be set aside," Steve says. And here he sheds his "new uniform" as well to reveal his winning assets—his hirsute chest, powerful shoulders and enticing tush. Many ballplayers were dazzled by Steve's slick curve ball. In fact, during the 1980 season, Steve won the prestigious Cy Young Award for an outstanding year as a Baltimore Orioles pitcher. But an injured shoulder took him out of the game in 1982. "Obviously, the feeling I got from the cheering crowd is irreplaceable," he explains. "But I never was a one-dimensional player, like some of the other guys. I've always had other interests—the restaurant, writing poetry and screenplays, and sportscasting—and I was ready."

As an active bachelor, Steve's interests are hardly limited to the vocational. "Let's just say I enjoy my single life," says the ex-baseball player, smiling. "I like variety." What draws him to certain women? "I really like a conversationalist who has a sense of humor. Intelligence. An athletic body," he adds. But he never leaves anything to fate. "I've been involved in the psychic world all my life," Steve declares. "I believe that everyone can benefit by refining his or her mental processes. I use meditation techniques in all facets of my life. If I want something, I see it in my mind first." So what does he envision for his own future? Steve, who went into the restaurant business in the early seventies, operates a classy eatery in Scottsdale, Arizona, and soon will expand to another outlet in Lake Tahoe, California. He has also been asked to call Chicago Cubs home games on WGN-TV and to join the sportscasting team for ABC Monday Night Baseball. "My idol now is Vin Scully. He gives viewers a tremendous feel for the game," Steve marvels. "I want to refine my skills to be able to do that." Playgirl predicts even more: Steve Stone will find throngs of women pitching for his amorous attentions!

You just beat me, but here's a link to more pictures.

http://blackdogue.net/Playgirl2/SteveStone/SteveStone.html

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2009, 05:24:40 PM »
Quote from: BaseballStoneTo all the people who believe who believe that david kaplan and i made up the bradley story---get a life. Trade deadline rumors are not new.

about 5 hours ago from txt

Quote from: BaseballStoneThe giants need a hitter to make a run at the wildcard. Word out is that the nats nick johnson might fill their needs. Chase that down bruce

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2009, 05:32:41 PM »
Tweet tweet.

Subject:    Re: stoney
Date:    July 26, 2009 4:33:07 PM CDT
To:    duck.chickens@gmail.com

Geez.
All the Best!

David Kaplan
WGN Radio/Comcast SportsNet

QuoteFrom: Chuck Dickens
To: Kaplan, Dave
Sent: Sun Jul 26 14:31:30 2009
Subject: Re: stoney

On Jul 26, 2009, at 4:28 PM, Kaplan, Dave wrote:

Funny guy!

What is that from?

David Kaplan
Have a great day!

On Jul 26, 2009, at 4:26 PM, "Chuck Dickens" <duck.chickens@gmail.com> wrote:

hey kap any birdys wispering about this guy gettin shipped to chigaco?

http://i28.tinypic.com/jgqgq0.jpg

duck

Begin forwarded message:

Date: July 26, 2009 8:47:15 AM CDT
To: dlkaplan@tribune.com
Subject: stoney

kap love youre work at chicagonow just wondrin why stoneys grindin his axe agin the cubbis the way he is on the twitster.

keep up the work

duck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2009, 05:37:50 PM »
Quote from: Tank on July 26, 2009, 05:24:40 PM
Quote from: BaseballStoneTo all the people who believe who believe that david kaplan and i made up the bradley story---get a life. Trade deadline rumors are not new.

Quote from: BaseballStoneThe giants need a hitter to make a run at the wildcard. Word out is that the nats nick johnson might fill their needs. Chase that down bruce

Nobody believes taht Kaplan made anything up.  We believe that Stone made it up and that Kap will believe anything Stone tells him.

Who's Bruce?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2009, 05:44:17 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 26, 2009, 05:32:41 PM
Tweet tweet.

Subject:    Re: stoney
Date:    July 26, 2009 4:33:07 PM CDT
To:    duck.chickens@gmail.com

Geez.
All the Best!

David Kaplan
WGN Radio/Comcast SportsNet

QuoteFrom: Chuck Dickens
To: Kaplan, Dave
Sent: Sun Jul 26 14:31:30 2009
Subject: Re: stoney

On Jul 26, 2009, at 4:28 PM, Kaplan, Dave wrote:

Funny guy!

What is that from?

David Kaplan
Have a great day!

On Jul 26, 2009, at 4:26 PM, "Chuck Dickens" <duck.chickens@gmail.com> wrote:

hey kap any birdys wispering about this guy gettin shipped to chigaco?

http://i28.tinypic.com/jgqgq0.jpg

duck

Begin forwarded message:

Date: July 26, 2009 8:47:15 AM CDT
To: dlkaplan@tribune.com
Subject: stoney

kap love youre work at chicagonow just wondrin why stoneys grindin his axe agin the cubbis the way he is on the twitster.

keep up the work

duck

Why do I feel bad for ripping on Kap all the time? He's just a nice, lame guy who believes everything he's told. Poop sap.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2009, 05:57:29 PM »
Quote from: Slak on July 26, 2009, 05:44:17 PM
Poop sap.

That's what they make poop syrup from.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2009, 06:21:33 PM »
Quote from: Tank on July 26, 2009, 05:57:29 PM
Poop sap.

Please.  @BaseballStone is a classy guy that picks up the check and talking about poop is just bringing the level of discourse in this thread down.  Now, to class things up let's take a look a real man's man on a baseball glove shaped bean bag chair. 

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2009, 06:34:25 PM »
I hope smg stuck around.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2009, 06:40:05 PM »
Quote from: Tank on July 26, 2009, 05:57:29 PM
Poop sap.

That typo turned out way better than intended.

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2009, 07:38:14 PM »
Quote from: Tank on July 26, 2009, 06:34:25 PM
I hope smg stuck around.

Those pictures definitely reheated my Stoney-love.  I can't believe I ever thought he was a bitter betty.   I'm powerless in the face of all that, um, chest hair.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
Quote from: smg on July 26, 2009, 07:38:14 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 26, 2009, 06:34:25 PM
I hope smg stuck around.

Those pictures definitely reheated my Stoney-love.  I can't believe I ever thought he was a bitter betty.   I'm powerless in the face of all that, um, chest hair.

Stone's no Taleon Goffney.

Quote[Goffney] was handcuffed in the back of a moving police cruiser after a 2006 drug arrest in Clementon, N.J., when he broke out the glass with his head and jumped into a lake while still handcuffed, police Chief Dave Kunkel said.

"He swam across like Flipper, taunting the officers, saying, 'You'll never catch me,'" Kunkel told the Daily News for a story in February.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!