News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,955 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2009, 03:55:09 PM »
And to think, I actually like Peter Gammons.

Ken Harrelson doing White Sox-Cubs on a Thursday afternoon is baseball heaven
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2009, 03:57:06 PM »
I' hate to think what would be "baseball Hell".
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2009, 05:23:48 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on September 03, 2009, 03:57:06 PM
I' hate to think what would be "baseball Hell".

You listening to it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2009, 03:52:59 PM »
As much as I hate to mix politics with Steve Stone, Kareem, Pete Gammons, etc...

Congressman Joe Wilson's Twitter Page. (not very interesting)

And...you can see all of the comments he's been getting about his outburst last night. (rather enjoyable)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2009, 04:03:03 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 10, 2009, 03:52:59 PM
And...you can see all of the comments he's been getting about his outburst last night. (rather enjoyable)

I didn't look at too many, but most of the comments seem to be people who are backing him.  That's a little surprising, I guess.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2009, 04:11:16 PM »
Quote from: Eli on September 10, 2009, 04:03:03 PM

I didn't look at too many, but most of the comments seem to be people who are backing him.  That's a little surprising, I guess.

Obviously, you've never been to South Carolina.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2009, 04:15:42 PM »

It's disappointing. I raised an eyebrow when I heard the president say it, but both parties need to control themselves when the president talks during these things. The canned applause by the president's party (some of it over-raucous), the shouted cheers, the boos, the mocking laughter, it's all counterproductive. Let him talk, and have your fun afterward. But to congratulate someone for speaking out of turn and heckling the President during a speech to Congress, that's crappe.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2009, 04:24:06 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 10, 2009, 04:15:42 PM

It's disappointing. I raised an eyebrow when I heard the president say it, but both parties need to control themselves when the president talks during these things. The canned applause by the president's party (some of it over-raucous), the shouted cheers, the boos, the mocking laughter, it's all counterproductive. Let him talk, and have your fun afterward. But to congratulate someone for speaking out of turn and heckling the President during a speech to Congress, that's crappe.

Naturally, MoveOn et al. have now made Wilson a focal point for fundraising, and whomever has announced for the Dems will get a nice infusion of cash.
TIME TO POST!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2009, 04:26:56 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 10, 2009, 04:24:06 PM
Naturally, MoveOn et al. have now made Wilson a focal point for fundraising, and whomever has announced for the Dems will get a nice infusion of cash.

Actually...

According to one Democratic source, Wilson's Democratic opponent Rob Miller had by mid-day Thursday received 5,000 new contributions worth about $200,000 in the aftermath of the outburst. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee was also trying to raise money off the heckling. Miller lost to Wilson in the 2008 election, 54-46 percent

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2009, 04:28:55 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 10, 2009, 04:26:56 PM
Quote from: Fork on September 10, 2009, 04:24:06 PM

Actually...

According to one Democratic source, Wilson's Democratic opponent Rob Miller had by mid-day Thursday received 5,000 new contributions worth about $200,000 in the aftermath of the outburst. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee was also trying to raise money off the heckling. Miller lost to Wilson in the 2008 election, 54-46 percent

Not sure how much of this was raised prior to last night, but Miller's up over $450k on this page.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2009, 06:48:28 PM »
Wilson's outburst helped a lot of people rethink their stance on a Health Care bill in a way that Wilson might not like.   
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2009, 06:54:09 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 10, 2009, 06:48:28 PM
Wilson's outburst helped a lot of people rethink their stance on a Health Care bill in a way that Wilson might not like.   

Worse than that.  They may have rethinked Republicans.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2009, 07:00:16 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 10, 2009, 06:54:09 PM
Quote from: CBStew on September 10, 2009, 06:48:28 PM

Worse than that.  They may have rethinked Republicans.

Nobody who hasn't thinked yet won't rethink anything.
TIME TO POST!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 10, 2009, 04:15:42 PM

I didn't look at too many, but most of the comments seem to be people who are backing him.  That's a little surprising, I guess.

Have you never watched an Presidential address to Congress before?

Such partisan ovation kabuki is pretty much par for the course.

(Which ritual never fails to remind me of this.)
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2009, 08:51:18 PM »
Quote@desipiodotcom OMG! Jay Cutler just retweeted me! Sploooooooooooge! Sid Luckman never did that. Steve Stenstrom still does though.