News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,965 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #1230 on: May 18, 2016, 11:23:07 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 18, 2016, 11:21:54 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 18, 2016, 11:18:33 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on May 18, 2016, 11:10:47 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 18, 2016, 11:04:02 AM
DPD....and I'm not oblivious to my privilege.  I call people out quite a bit for failing to check their own.  And I do empathize with Julie's situation and can't pretend I know what it's like because I've had every advantage from jump street.  I just thought it was a dumb opinion and it should be okay to fairly point that out to someone with her intellect, experience and exposure.

Perhaps a fairer point is that she was making a throwaway line that she herself didn't even take all that seriously.

That is fair, but you could say that about some of the things Nick Vlahos says and nobody gives that asshat a pass.

And that dude has leukemia, which is almost worse than being a woman in America.

I actually stopped bothering with Vlahos when I found out he didn't even write about sports. I always assumed he was the Journal Star's Cubs beat writer or whatever, but he covers shitty Peoria politics and then bitches about the Cubs. He should never have been brought to my attention to begin with. His opinion doesn't matter in the slightest.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1231 on: May 18, 2016, 11:41:54 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 18, 2016, 11:21:54 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 18, 2016, 11:18:33 AM
DPD....and I'm not oblivious to my privilege.  I call people out quite a bit for failing to check their own.  And I do empathize with Julie's situation and can't pretend I know what it's like because I've had every advantage from jump street.  I just thought it was a dumb opinion and it should be okay to fairly point that out to someone with her intellect, experience and exposure.

Perhaps a fairer point is that she was making a throwaway line that she herself didn't even take all that seriously.

That is fair, but you could say that about some of the things Nick Vlahos says and nobody gives that asshat a pass.

And that dude has leukemia, which is almost worse than being a woman in America.

I laughed.
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1232 on: May 18, 2016, 11:47:20 AM »

Trying to reconcile that with straw-manning the definition of mansplaining made my brain hurt.

And I'm kinda glad my Desipio account seemed to have disappeared during all this. (Did we get h4x0r3d?)
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1233 on: May 18, 2016, 11:56:57 AM »

This. That seems like a dumb tweet you make about your favorite team when you're frustrated, and it wasn't intended to be scrutinized like it was statistic ran through a SABR supercomputer. I get that she's in the media, but does that mean they can't vent when their team is struggling? Can't they just be fans online and bitch about their team? Or do they have to be "on" 24/7?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1234 on: May 18, 2016, 12:00:07 PM »
Wait, is this what y'all are talking about?

Because that's a stupid tweet and she deserves to be called out for it.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1235 on: May 18, 2016, 12:00:36 PM »
Quote from: Tony on May 18, 2016, 11:56:57 AM

This. That seems like a dumb tweet you make about your favorite team when you're frustrated, and it wasn't intended to be scrutinized like it was statistic ran through a SABR supercomputer. I get that she's in the media, but does that mean they can't vent when their team is struggling? Can't they just be fans online and bitch about their team? Or do they have to be "on" 24/7?

To insert my own butthurt here, they certainly can, but considering RV and BH have basically taken it upon themselves to police all of the negativity in my tweets I am determined to call out the INVISIBLE DOUBLE STANDARD when I get taken to task for criticizing someone else for being dumb and fatalistic.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1236 on: May 18, 2016, 12:20:22 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 18, 2016, 12:00:36 PM

To insert my own butthurt here, they certainly can, but considering RV and BH have basically taken it upon themselves to police all of the negativity in my tweets I am determined to call out the INVISIBLE DOUBLE STANDARD when I get taken to task for criticizing someone else for being dumb and fatalistic.

Still a bit of a different situation to me. For example, I don't blink when I hear a Chad hitting on a girl and making himself look like a moron. But when my best friend does stuff that would embarrass any rational human being, not to mention the poor girl caught in his headlights, then I have words with him.

Still, this is a lot of thought and commentary for a 140 character exchange.
M'lady.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1237 on: May 18, 2016, 12:21:39 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 18, 2016, 12:00:07 PM

I agree.  If she wants to be taken seriously as a SPORTZ journalist, she can't post pish like that and expect everybody to just let it slide.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1238 on: May 18, 2016, 12:29:01 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 18, 2016, 12:21:39 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 18, 2016, 12:00:07 PM

I agree.  If she wants to be taken seriously as a SPORTZ journalist, she can't post pish like that and expect everybody to just let it slide.

Yeah, I mean, she is currently just a scoreboard update person but she's also a weekend host, I believe, and she wants to move up the chain. I guess I think it's fine to criticize her for a "OH SAME OLD CUBBIEZ" tweet because I don't really want another radio host or whatever with that kind of perspective. We have enough of those people already, regardless of gender. Provide better takes.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1239 on: May 18, 2016, 12:29:34 PM »
Everything is always stupid.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1240 on: May 18, 2016, 12:37:51 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 18, 2016, 12:29:34 PM

Especially Twitter.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1241 on: May 18, 2016, 12:46:57 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 18, 2016, 12:29:34 PM

True, but we can always make it stupider.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1242 on: May 18, 2016, 01:06:53 PM »

I do think it's strange to constantly vent your spleen about a team that is on a historic pace to start the season and has as bright a future as any franchise in sprotz. But that's just like, my opinion, man. What are you going to do when Theo leaves to run Netflix and Jed takes over at the Fed and the Cubs are merely above average for a few years?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1243 on: May 18, 2016, 01:11:36 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 18, 2016, 01:06:53 PM

I do think it's strange to constantly vent your spleen about a team that is on a historic pace to start the season and has as bright a future as any franchise in sprotz. But that's just like, my opinion, man. What are you going to do when Theo leaves to run Netflix and Jed takes over at the Fed and the Cubs are merely above average for a few years?

I maintain that my "constant venting" has consisted of a few complaints about Jorge Soler being disappointing, John Lackey being an asshole, and Jason Heyward. I am being primarily stereotyped as negative for a rough few months last year where the Cubs were not donkey punching everything and I was running on about 2 hours of sleep a day. So I resent you jumping in all Helen Lovejoy the few times I make specific, valid complaints, sir.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1244 on: May 18, 2016, 01:19:49 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 18, 2016, 11:47:20 AM

Trying to reconcile that with straw-manning the definition of mansplaining made my brain hurt.

And I'm kinda glad my Desipio account seemed to have disappeared during all this. (Did we get h4x0r3d?)

Yes. The fucking straw-manning and almost a need to be wronged.

The level of petulant everybody has a damn crisis let's overanalyze who's insulting who in what way at this current moment is tedious as fuck.
Jesus, what the hell is wrong with you people?
Put the the keyboard, phone, whatever the fuck device down and go for a walk.

Yes, I'm old and I know where I'm posting but enough is enough.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen