News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,984 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #1245 on: May 18, 2016, 01:37:25 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 18, 2016, 01:11:36 PM
Quote from: R-V on May 18, 2016, 01:06:53 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 18, 2016, 12:00:36 PM
Quote from: Tony on May 18, 2016, 11:56:57 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on May 18, 2016, 11:10:47 AM
Perhaps a fairer point is that she was making a throwaway line that she herself didn't even take all that seriously.

This. That seems like a dumb tweet you make about your favorite team when you're frustrated, and it wasn't intended to be scrutinized like it was statistic ran through a SABR supercomputer. I get that she's in the media, but does that mean they can't vent when their team is struggling? Can't they just be fans online and bitch about their team? Or do they have to be "on" 24/7?

To insert my own butthurt here, they certainly can, but considering RV and BH have basically taken it upon themselves to police all of the negativity in my tweets I am determined to call out the INVISIBLE DOUBLE STANDARD when I get taken to task for criticizing someone else for being dumb and fatalistic.

I do think it's strange to constantly vent your spleen about a team that is on a historic pace to start the season and has as bright a future as any franchise in sprotz. But that's just like, my opinion, man. What are you going to do when Theo leaves to run Netflix and Jed takes over at the Fed and the Cubs are merely above average for a few years?

I maintain that my "constant venting" has consisted of a few complaints about Jorge Soler being disappointing, John Lackey being an asshole, and Jason Heyward. I am being primarily stereotyped as negative for a rough few months last year where the Cubs were not donkey punching everything and I was running on about 2 hours of sleep a day. So I resent you jumping in all Helen Lovejoy the few times I make specific, valid complaints, sir.

Look, I'm with you on Julie, but this part shows a serious lack of self-awareness or some healthy levels of victim mentality.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1246 on: May 18, 2016, 01:38:48 PM »
Quote from: flannj on May 18, 2016, 01:19:49 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 18, 2016, 11:47:20 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 18, 2016, 11:04:02 AM
DPD....and I'm not oblivious to my privilege.  I call people out quite a bit for failing to check their own.  And I do empathize with Julie's situation and can't pretend I know what it's like because I've had every advantage from jump street.  I just thought it was a dumb opinion and it should be okay to fairly point that out to someone with her intellect, experience and exposure.

Trying to reconcile that with straw-manning the definition of mansplaining made my brain hurt.

And I'm kinda glad my Desipio account seemed to have disappeared during all this. (Did we get h4x0r3d?)

Yes. The fucking straw-manning and almost a need to be wronged.

The level of petulant everybody has a damn crisis let's overanalyze who's insulting who in what way at this current moment is tedious as fuck.
Jesus, what the hell is wrong with you people?
Put the the keyboard, phone, whatever the fuck device down and go for a walk.

Yes, I'm old and I know where I'm posting but enough is enough.

I know it's kind of the Desipio thing to say any discussion is terrible once it's gone more than a page, but I don't think this has been that bad. I think everyone is being fairly reasonable.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1247 on: May 18, 2016, 01:41:01 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 18, 2016, 01:38:48 PM
DPD....and I'm not oblivious to my privilege.  I call people out quite a bit for failing to check their own.  And I do empathize with Julie's situation and can't pretend I know what it's like because I've had every advantage from jump street.  I just thought it was a dumb opinion and it should be okay to fairly point that out to someone with her intellect, experience and exposure.

Trying to reconcile that with straw-manning the definition of mansplaining made my brain hurt.

And I'm kinda glad my Desipio account seemed to have disappeared during all this. (Did we get h4x0r3d?)

The level of petulant everybody has a damn crisis let's overanalyze who's insulting who in what way at this current moment is tedious as fuck.

I know it's kind of the Desipio thing to say any discussion is terrible once it's gone more than a page, but I don't think this has been that bad. I think everyone is being fairly reasonable.

To be fair, discussions can get terrible even quicker than one page.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1248 on: May 18, 2016, 01:44:20 PM »

I'm referring to twitter.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1249 on: May 18, 2016, 01:45:51 PM »
Quote from: flannj on May 18, 2016, 01:44:20 PM

#TeamFlannj

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1250 on: May 18, 2016, 01:46:37 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 18, 2016, 01:37:25 PM
Perhaps a fairer point is that she was making a throwaway line that she herself didn't even take all that seriously.

This. That seems like a dumb tweet you make about your favorite team when you're frustrated, and it wasn't intended to be scrutinized like it was statistic ran through a SABR supercomputer. I get that she's in the media, but does that mean they can't vent when their team is struggling? Can't they just be fans online and bitch about their team? Or do they have to be "on" 24/7?

To insert my own butthurt here, they certainly can, but considering RV and BH have basically taken it upon themselves to police all of the negativity in my tweets I am determined to call out the INVISIBLE DOUBLE STANDARD when I get taken to task for criticizing someone else for being dumb and fatalistic.

I do think it's strange to constantly vent your spleen about a team that is on a historic pace to start the season and has as bright a future as any franchise in sprotz. But that's just like, my opinion, man. What are you going to do when Theo leaves to run Netflix and Jed takes over at the Fed and the Cubs are merely above average for a few years?

I maintain that my "constant venting" has consisted of a few complaints about Jorge Soler being disappointing, John Lackey being an asshole, and Jason Heyward. I am being primarily stereotyped as negative for a rough few months last year where the Cubs were not donkey punching everything and I was running on about 2 hours of sleep a day. So I resent you jumping in all Helen Lovejoy the few times I make specific, valid complaints, sir.

Look, I'm with you on Julie, but this part shows a serious lack of self-awareness or some healthy levels of victim mentality.

I don't really care. I overreact to things, negatively and positively. I was definitely at my worst last year and I think it leads to some accusations of ledge jumping when I feel like I'm just griping about things that are actually gripeworthy, like Soler being ass when I had such high hopes for him.

If I bitched about Kris Bryant going 0-5 or did some kind of Fro Dog-ish "zomg now we're only up 6.5 on pittsburg we're doomed" thing I'd get it, I just don't see why it's a big deal if I tweet about guys who are playing poorly and how, ideally, they should not do that.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1251 on: May 18, 2016, 02:10:47 PM »

My Slaky-like rule is to make sure that 90% of my Tweets are posted after I get high.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1252 on: May 18, 2016, 02:14:18 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 18, 2016, 02:10:47 PM

My Slaky-like rule is to make sure that 90% of my Tweets are posted after I get high.

So like 8:00 am?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Grandmaster Wang

• Hi. I'm Herschel Walker.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1253 on: May 18, 2016, 02:15:06 PM »
Quote from: flannj on May 18, 2016, 02:14:18 PM

#TeamOleg
Some dude in Cairo just punched a camel in the face on CNN.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1254 on: May 18, 2016, 02:15:52 PM »
Quote from: flannj on May 18, 2016, 02:14:18 PM

I barely ever Tweet that early.  I'm barely awake that early.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1255 on: May 18, 2016, 02:16:29 PM »

didn't Afroman do a song about this?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1256 on: May 18, 2016, 02:20:55 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 18, 2016, 01:46:37 PM

I don't really care. I overreact to things, negatively and positively. I was definitely at my worst last year and I think it leads to some accusations of ledge jumping when I feel like I'm just griping about things that are actually gripeworthy, like Soler being ass when I had such high hopes for him.

If I bitched about Kris Bryant going 0-5 or did some kind of Fro Dog-ish "zomg now we're only up 6.5 on pittsburg we're doomed" thing I'd get it, I just don't see why it's a big deal if I tweet about guys who are playing poorly and how, ideally, they should not do that.

Wait, they're only up 6.5 games? Fucking Christ. The Cubs always seem to be unable to finish shit

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1257 on: May 18, 2016, 02:25:08 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 18, 2016, 02:20:55 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 18, 2016, 01:46:37 PM

Wait, they're only up 6.5 games? Fucking Christ. The Cubs always seem to be unable to finish shit

ESPN Jesse started retweeting the fans bitching in his timeline just for funsies last night, one guy said "hate to break it to you but we're only up 6.5 games now". I may overreact, but I am not "guy somehow stressing over a 6.5 game lead in mid-May guy". Hell I don't even think Fro Dog is that guy.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1258 on: May 18, 2016, 02:26:06 PM »
Yes, always. That's why they lead the majors in runs.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1259 on: May 18, 2016, 02:42:17 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 18, 2016, 02:26:06 PM
Yes, always. That's why they lead the majors in runs.

Take your mansplaining somewhere else, jerk.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs