News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NBA Season 2009-2010  ( 38,234 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NBA Season 2009-2010
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2009, 11:56:53 AM »
Ramblings:

Chris Mannix reported this AM that he thinks Detroit is also going to end up with Tyson Chandler.
Which maybe makes a little more sense, but they still just shelled out $95 million to Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva which is space crazy.

But fuck Detroit, I didn't want BG for another 5 years at $55 million, but it sure leaves a big hole.
Going all in for the Free Agent class of '10 seems like too big a gamble (see McGrady, Hill).

Watching Salmons launch 20 shots a game is a very painful proposition.

None of the available FA's in '09 seem like a particularly good fit.

Go Bulls. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2009, 12:10:14 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 02, 2009, 11:56:53 AM
Ramblings:

Chris Mannix reported this AM that he thinks Detroit is also going to end up with Tyson Chandler.
Which maybe makes a little more sense, but they still just shelled out $95 million to Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva which is space crazy.

But fuck Detroit, I didn't want BG for another 5 years at $55 million, but it sure leaves a big hole.
Going all in for the Free Agent class of '10 seems like too big a gamble (see McGrady, Hill).

Go Bulls. 

Well if they get Chandler it makes a little more sense but not really if Gordon is running the point and feeding him.  Gordon is a shooting guard, not the point guard Tyson needs to clean up after and take feeds from. 

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2009, 12:24:21 PM »
Quote from: Poon on July 02, 2009, 12:10:14 PM
Ramblings:

Buttfuck Detroit, I didn't want BG for another 5 years at $55 million, but it sure leaves a big hole.

Go Bulls. 

Well if they get Chandler it makes a little more sense but not really if Gordon is running the point and feeding him.  Gordon is a shooting guard, not the point guard Tyson needs to clean up after and take feeds from. 

Tyson Chandler is just a guy.  He fell into a perfect situation in New Orleans with Chris Paul, where his non-existant offensive game could be covered up by alley-oops and tip ins because Paul's penetration left him unboxed in the lane.  He's an overpaid Joakim Noah.  The Pistons can have him.

I think the Gordon signing makes Luol Deng the pivotal Bull next year.  If he can produce anywhere near his last fully healthy season (19ppg, 7rpg, 52% shooting, 82 starts) we'll be fine, and then Slaky loses all three of his bets.  It's an enormous IF, seeing as how he's a forgotten man at this point.

Is he going to be 100% at the start of the season?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2009, 12:25:46 PM »
Ramblings:

Go Bulls. 

Wait, Gordon is running the point?!?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on July 02, 2009, 12:24:21 PM
Ramblings:

Buttfuck Detroit, I didn't want BG for another 5 years at $55 million, but it sure leaves a big hole.

Go Bulls. 

Tyson Chandler is just a guy.  He fell into a perfect situation in New Orleans with Chris Paul, where his non-existant offensive game could be covered up by alley-oops and tip ins because Paul's penetration left him unboxed in the lane.  He's an overpaid Joakim Noah.  The Pistons can have him.

I think the Gordon signing makes Luol Deng the pivotal Bull next year.  If he can produce anywhere near his last fully healthy season (19ppg, 7rpg, 52% shooting, 82 starts) we'll be fine, and then Slaky loses all three of his bets.  It's an enormous IF, seeing as how he's a forgotten man at this point.

Is he going to be 100% at the start of the season?

I'd say I hope I lose the bets, but that would probably mean something like 43 wins and another first round exit. Really not that appealing to me. If the Bulls don't want to keep their good players around and keep the front office stocked with dunderheads fuck 'em.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2009, 01:17:08 PM »
Hehehe.

QuoteBen Gordon said the Chicago Bulls did not make him an offer, despite general manager Gar Forman saying recently that re-signing Gordon was the team's goal.

"I mean, they didn't pursue me at all," Gordon said. "They didn't even make an offer, so it was pretty much a one-man race."

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2009, 01:27:25 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 02, 2009, 12:25:46 PM
Ramblings:

Go Bulls. 

Who else is gonna?  Rip?  Did they get some other point guard I don't know about that's worth a damn?  The answer is gone.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2009, 01:29:13 PM »
Quote from: Poon on July 02, 2009, 01:27:25 PM
Ramblings:

Go Bulls. 

Who else is gonna?  Rip?  Did they get some other point guard I don't know about that's worth a damn?  The answer is gone.

I figured Stuckey was going to run the point like last year.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2009, 01:54:13 PM »

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2009, 02:06:42 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 02, 2009, 01:17:08 PM
Hehehe.

QuoteBen Gordon said the Chicago Bulls did not make him an offer, despite general manager Gar Forman saying recently that re-signing Gordon was the team's goal.

"I mean, they didn't pursue me at all," Gordon said. "They didn't even make an offer, so it was pretty much a one-man race."

Not a strong start to the afternoon for you, Pen

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2009, 02:08:55 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on July 02, 2009, 02:06:42 PM
Hehehe.

It's still morning in Arizona!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2009, 02:09:07 PM »

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2009, 02:09:48 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 02, 2009, 02:08:55 PM
Quote from: Ivy6 on July 02, 2009, 02:06:42 PM
Hehehe.

It's still morning in Arizona!

Actually, it's not.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 02, 2009, 01:29:13 PM
Quote from: Poon on July 02, 2009, 01:27:25 PM
Ramblings:

Go Bulls. 

I figured Stuckey was going to run the point like last year.

thi
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2009, 02:13:41 PM »
Well, at least David Kahn is having a worse day than me.

Ricky Rubio will remain in Spain to play for his DKV Joventut team for the remaining two years of his contract rather than try to move to the NBA this season, El Periodico reported today.