News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NHL 11  ( 3,271 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
NHL 11
« on: May 22, 2010, 12:51:10 PM »
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/chl-skaters-coming-to-a-playstation-near-you-94647034.html

Even Fork can get a boner over this. Entire CHL (WHL, OHL and QMJHL) will be included in NHL 11. All 60 teams, stadiums, players and league structures including the Memorial Cup. This will be integrated with the franchise mode as well making drafting that much better. Holy fuckballs.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NHL 11
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 09:13:18 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 22, 2010, 12:51:10 PM
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/chl-skaters-coming-to-a-playstation-near-you-94647034.html

Even Fork can get a boner over this. Entire CHL (WHL, OHL and QMJHL) will be included in NHL 11. All 60 teams, stadiums, players and league structures including the Memorial Cup. This will be integrated with the franchise mode as well making drafting that much better. Holy fuckballs.

Authentic CCM jerseys too.

Sproing.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 11:43:08 AM »

You unlock Vikingstad in the demo.

Vikingstad.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 11:46:12 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 19, 2010, 11:43:08 AM

You unlock Vikingstad in the demo.

Vikingstad.

Whoa.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 08:25:38 PM »
Oh man, I'm nerding out - http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=440493

Be A GM details.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 07:47:52 AM »
My team made the finals of the Memorial Cup and lost. Bleh. However, I got drafted 5th (I think) by the Tampa Bay Lightning. Yzerman sure knows what he's doing, all right. I'm their second line center. In my first two pro games against the Thrashers and Canadiens, I kicked ass on the faceoff and had 3 assists. I'm doing ok in this so far.

I like that the game advises me on where I should be positioned offensively and defensively, because sometimes I'm just a lunatic going wherever. I'm taking a lot of shots on goal but they're mostly shitty, in my opinion. Just need to learn when to properly do a wrister/slap and how to effectively aim the shots.

I also realized why I shouldn't have ever played hockey. First off, when the seconds in the Memorial Cup final were waning down (I think there were 3 seconds left), I was pissed we were about to lose so I picked a fight (and lost). Second, I got a penalty (probably interference, because that's my thing) and got pissed off so picked a fight with someone. I don't think I'd have the resolve to control myself.

EDIT: Fixed the teams. I was thinking of Florida from a preseason game, I believe.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 09:00:19 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 22, 2010, 07:47:52 AM
My team made the finals of the Memorial Cup and lost. Bleh. However, I got drafted 5th (I think) by the Tampa Bay Lightning. Yzerman sure knows what he's doing, all right. I'm their second line center. In my first two pro games against the Thrashers and Canadiens, I kicked ass on the faceoff and had 3 assists. I'm doing ok in this so far.

I like that the game advises me on where I should be positioned offensively and defensively, because sometimes I'm just a lunatic going wherever. I'm taking a lot of shots on goal but they're mostly shitty, in my opinion. Just need to learn when to properly do a wrister/slap and how to effectively aim the shots.

I also realized why I shouldn't have ever played hockey. First off, when the seconds in the Memorial Cup final were waning down (I think there were 3 seconds left), I was pissed we were about to lose so I picked a fight (and lost). Second, I got a penalty (probably interference, because that's my thing) and got pissed off so picked a fight with someone. I don't think I'd have the resolve to control myself.

EDIT: Fixed the teams. I was thinking of Florida from a preseason game, I believe.
[/quote

Yeah, the arrows are part of your grade. If you stay in your zones and play smart you get a higher grade and more XP meaning more points to upgrade yourself. If you fuck about and just try to check whomever you'll get a low team score and you'll probably give up a shit load of goals because on a decent skill level the CPU will punish you.

FYI, you always start out in the Memorial Cup in Be A Pro and play your way into a draft pick.

Don't sleep on Ultimate Team though. Fun.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 10:18:43 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 22, 2010, 09:00:19 AM

Yeah, the arrows are part of your grade. If you stay in your zones and play smart you get a higher grade and more XP meaning more points to upgrade yourself. If you fuck about and just try to check whomever you'll get a low team score and you'll probably give up a shit load of goals because on a decent skill level the CPU will punish you.

FYI, you always start out in the Memorial Cup in Be A Pro and play your way into a draft pick.

I'll have to check it out tonight. Looks like it's pretty in depth and extensive.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 11:42:06 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 22, 2010, 10:18:43 AM

I'll have to check it out tonight. Looks like it's pretty in depth and extensive.

It is. The cards aren't overly expensive. Play short periods and win some offline tournaments and you'll get currency rather quickly. It's fun because you don't necessarily need the best players. You can buy young guys with high ceilings and train them up. Some guys have higher potential, some guys have shorter careers. It's all very in depth and nerdy.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 12:01:34 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 22, 2010, 11:42:06 AM
Quote from: Yeti on September 22, 2010, 10:18:43 AM

It is. The cards aren't overly expensive. Play short periods and win some offline tournaments and you'll get currency rather quickly. It's fun because you don't necessarily need the best players. You can buy young guys with high ceilings and train them up. Some guys have higher potential, some guys have shorter careers. It's all very in depth and nerdy.

My kind of shit.. Speaking of short periods, the default setting was 5 minute periods, which I kept. I like how they set the periods to 20 minutes and just have the time go 4x as fast. That's a nice feature to allow "realistic" times