News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015 NLCS Thread: Chicago Cubs vs. New York Mets  ( 34,714 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015 NLCS Thread: Chicago Cubs vs. New York Mets
« Reply #255 on: October 20, 2015, 10:26:24 AM »
Quote from: Tony on October 20, 2015, 10:04:07 AM
There are going to be a lot of runs scored tonight, and the Cubs will have more of them.

I don't know why but this reminded me of the final line from the trailer for the Kevin Costner movie "Open Range" which is something like "Men are gonna die here...and I'm gonna kill 'em".  I've never seen the movie but my brother and I say that line every time every time we see each other and it never fails to crack us up.

/Penstory

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2015, 10:27:05 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 20, 2015, 08:44:23 AM
It's not implausible that our Quality Start Machine can hold up his end tonight. He's been, overall, mystifyingly effective throughout his short career, mystifying because most everyone agrees that he's never looked the part, even when he has, if that makes any sense.

Let's go.

Basically, this works.  Hendricks will go about 4-5 innings, depending on when his third time through the order comes.  The Cubs just have to hang on and score some runs but they'll have time.  Hopefully, they, themselves, see a lot of pitches from Degrom and get him out early or get tot heir third time through the order quickly.

It'll be a bullpen game for The Cubs, which gives me lots of hope.  I'll hang my cat on it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2015, 10:30:25 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 20, 2015, 10:27:05 AM
It's not implausible that our Quality Start Machine can hold up his end tonight. He's been, overall, mystifyingly effective throughout his short career, mystifying because most everyone agrees that he's never looked the part, even when he has, if that makes any sense.

Let's go.

Basically, this works.  Hendricks will go about 4-5 innings, depending on when his third time through the order comes.  The Cubs just have to hang on and score some runs but they'll have time.  Hopefully, they, themselves, see a lot of pitches from Degrom and get him out early or get tot heir third time through the order quickly.

It'll be a bullpen game for The Cubs, which gives me lots of hope.  I'll hang my cat on it.

Says the guy with a dog.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2015, 10:38:20 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 20, 2015, 10:30:25 AM

Let's go.

Says the guy with a dog.

Well, he had a cat, but he hung it.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: October 20, 2015, 10:55:06 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on October 20, 2015, 10:38:20 AM

Let's go.

Says the guy with a dog.

Cats are the worst.  Almost as bad as Mathenys.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: October 20, 2015, 10:57:18 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 20, 2015, 10:55:06 AM

Let's go.

Says the guy with a dog.

*tips Huey's cat*
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: October 20, 2015, 11:28:28 AM »

Let's go.

Degrom is Huey's tater tot heir?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: October 20, 2015, 02:01:37 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 20, 2015, 10:55:06 AM

Let's go.

Says the guy with a dog.

No one ever got cat scratch fever from a dog.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: October 20, 2015, 02:22:22 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 20, 2015, 10:26:24 AM
Quote from: Tony on October 20, 2015, 10:04:07 AM
There are going to be a lot of runs scored tonight, and the Cubs will have more of them.

I don't know why but this reminded me of the final line from the trailer for the Kevin Costner movie "Open Range" which is something like "Men are gonna die here...and I'm gonna kill 'em".  I've never seen the movie but my brother and I say that line every time every time we see each other and it never fails to crack us up.

/Penstory

I saw Open Range in the movie theater. I can't recall that line, but I'm not willing to confirm or deny its existence.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: October 20, 2015, 07:48:03 PM »
Fuck this inconsistent strike zone.
M'lady.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: October 20, 2015, 08:01:32 PM »
This motherfucker needs to catch one in the fucking ribs before this game is over.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: October 20, 2015, 08:56:01 PM »
1. That only happens to the Cubs.

2. Nice fucking defense... all season... Miggy.  Just fucking awful.

3. This is what happens when you rely on fucking pumpkins like Cahill.  Back to the fucking trash heap with him.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2015, 08:58:05 PM »
Wow. Cubs of old tonight. Great heads up play by Dexter, but this is just too much. I think I'm done if the Mets score again.
M'lady.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: October 20, 2015, 08:59:35 PM »
I guess it's ok to employ two catchers who can't hit for shit when they're such great defenders...
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: October 20, 2015, 09:02:54 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 20, 2015, 08:59:35 PM
I guess it's ok to employ two catchers who can't hit for shit when they're such great defenders...

I'm not trying to defend Montero, but how many pitches did Cahill have to bounce home before they tried maybe throwing something different? Then again, if Montero was calling that pitch, I blame him entirely.
M'lady.