News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2013 Bears: Emstink and Trestink's World Premiere  ( 15,236 )

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2013 Bears: Emstink and Trestink's World Premiere
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 06:46:42 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 25, 2013, 09:02:19 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 25, 2013, 08:41:11 AM
Quote from: Eli on July 25, 2013, 08:29:09 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 25, 2013, 08:03:52 AM
This is not what I want of this thread.

Sorry for not discussing all of the relevant Bears news from the last 20 hours.

All is forgiven as long as we stop discussing Hub Arkush. He has his own website for that now.

Indeed...

QuoteThe consequence of the NFL becoming the country's sports obsession means the summer can turn into a police blotter. Several arrests of players — and personnel executives in Denver — could lead to see how Trestman, Emery and the Bears handle their own staying in line during the time off.

So guys are getting arrested because people are obsessed with the NFL?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 07:43:58 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 25, 2013, 11:46:07 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on July 25, 2013, 11:40:33 AM
Quote from: Slaky on July 25, 2013, 11:27:04 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 25, 2013, 11:23:13 AM
Quote from: Slaky on July 25, 2013, 10:33:54 AM
Boy the Bears are going to be a complete disaster aren't they

In theory I like that there are 43 guys that are playing in their contract years. It also gives Emery the chance to evaluate who he wants to keep and who he doesn't.

But did anyone hear Robbie Gould on ESPN radio last night? It was probably the most frank discussion about contracts and a current players' front office that I've heard.

What was the gist of Gould's comments, a little more specifically?

Basically that he's prepared to have a great season and leave because the Bears won't pay him.

Unlike .900 OPS 1B, good kickers actually do grow on trees.

Many of them get overripe and spoil real fast, but they just keep growing back.

Cutler and Melton are actually parts of the core. The rest of the players are not. They tagged Melton and can do it again. They naturally want to make sure Jay plays well before giving him his extension, but if the offense is finally "fixed" then Emery has the flexibility to make some painful moves with the aging players on the D if he has to. And Robbie, as you said, is a damn kicker. This situation is far from fucked.

I just find Trestman to be exceptionally goofy.  If he turns out to be an outstanding coach, I'll still think he's goofy.

I am curious, however, about how he's going to control an NFL locker room.  His goofiness is charming to me as a football fan, but it might be a big turnoff for a professional football player.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 12:04:34 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on July 25, 2013, 06:46:42 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 25, 2013, 09:02:19 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 25, 2013, 08:41:11 AM
Quote from: Eli on July 25, 2013, 08:29:09 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 25, 2013, 08:03:52 AM
This is not what I want of this thread.

Sorry for not discussing all of the relevant Bears news from the last 20 hours.

All is forgiven as long as we stop discussing Hub Arkush. He has his own website for that now.

Indeed...

QuoteThe consequence of the NFL becoming the country's sports obsession means the summer can turn into a police blotter. Several arrests of players — and personnel executives in Denver — could lead to see how Trestman, Emery and the Bears handle their own staying in line during the time off.

So guys are getting arrested because people are obsessed with the NFL?

Speaking of Hub, I'm not sure what the point of this is, but apparently Marc Trestman pretended to know Hub for 60 seconds and that fact makes him the smartest man alive.

Also, Lovie is just as smart or dumber than Hub, which is important.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013, 01:19:50 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 26, 2013, 12:04:34 AM
Speaking of Hub, I'm not sure what the point of this is, but apparently Marc Trestman pretended to know Hub for 60 seconds and that fact makes him the smartest man alive.

Holy crap.

QuoteI'm a pretty simple guy and the one issue I had over the years with Lovie Smith is while I think Lovie was fairly sharp, I know I'm as smart or smarter than he is.

And yet he too often made me feel like he couldn't understand what the purpose of my existence was and why I was wasting good oxygen at all.

QuoteI also really like how comfortable he seems to be in his skin right now, because it's that skin that raises the biggest questions about Marc Trestman, head football coach.

QuoteI wonder if all of the Bears players can spell all those words, let alone know what they mean.

I'm not trying to make fun of anybody, I'm trying to ask a very important question.

Why don't they make the whole smart words out of Marc Trestman's skin?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2013, 01:54:35 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 26, 2013, 01:19:50 AM
QuoteI also really like how comfortable he seems to be in his skin right now, because it's that skin that raises the biggest questions about Marc Trestman, head football coach.

That one's my favorite.  I spit out my drink the first time I read it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2013, 10:03:27 AM »
QuoteAnd yet he too often made me feel like he couldn't understand what the purpose of my existence was and why I was wasting good oxygen at all.

I've listened to Hub on and off for years, and have wondered the same thing.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2013, 11:06:16 AM »

Holy crap.

QuoteI'm a pretty simple guy and the one issue I had over the years with Lovie Smith is while I think Lovie was fairly sharp, I know I'm as smart or smarter than he is.

And yet he too often made me feel like he couldn't understand what the purpose of my existence was and why I was wasting good oxygen at all.

QuoteI wonder if all of the Bears players can spell all those words, let alone know what they mean.

I'm not trying to make fun of anybody, I'm trying to ask a very important question.

This made me laugh my ass off. I don't know how I'm going to sit or poop now because: no ass.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2013, 10:12:59 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 26, 2013, 11:06:16 AM

Holy crap.

This made me laugh my ass off. I don't know how I'm going to sit or poop now because: no ass.

Agreed.  I muttley'd.

Hub got burned by the first commentor, too.

Oh how this has all made me laff tonight.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2013, 01:40:20 PM »
I feel like I'm betraying SKO here because we usually see eye to eye on things.

Anyone else getting a train wreck vibe from this team?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2013, 01:54:37 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 29, 2013, 01:40:20 PM

I just want to know where the vibe comes from? This is a talented roster that actually Underperformed in getting to ten wins, statistically speaking, they've added talent to the offensive line, added the best available free agent TE, and the only loss on the #3 defense in the NFL was Urlacher, who was replaced (if DJ Williams is at least the starter in the short term) by a guy who outperformed him last year. But sure, if you're worried about the unproven coaching staff or the contract issue somehow resulting in a worse onfield performance despite a seemingly improved roster, I can't exactly assuage those concerns until they play the games.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2013, 02:04:04 PM »

I'm getting a "this team is going to put a fuckload of points on the board" vibe.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2013, 02:53:25 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 29, 2013, 02:04:04 PM

I'm getting a "this team is going to put a fuckload of points on the board" vibe.

The schedule is extremely rough-looking on paper. The perception of it will change dramatically between now and October, but that's one cause for concern.

If it is a trainwreck and everybody is in the last year of their deals, I don't think that's a terrible thing really. It would be far worse if they finish with 6-9 wins. If they don't make the playoffs, sign me up for trainwreck/rebuild. No need to firebarn either. Most of these guys served the team admirably and will be remembered somewhat fondly as they decline rapidly in mental and physical health before dying young.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 03:16:42 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 29, 2013, 01:54:37 PM

I just want to know where the vibe comes from? This is a talented roster that actually Underperformed in getting to ten wins, statistically speaking, they've added talent to the offensive line, added the best available free agent TE, and the only loss on the #3 defense in the NFL was Urlacher, who was replaced (if DJ Williams is at least the starter in the short term) by a guy who outperformed him last year. But sure, if you're worried about the unproven coaching staff or the contract issue somehow resulting in a worse onfield performance despite a seemingly improved roster, I can't exactly assuage those concerns until they play the games.

DEY GOT RID OF URLOCKER AND THE OLD BITCH IS STILL RUNNING THINGS! THE TEAM IS DOOMED, MY FRENT!
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2013, 10:38:08 AM »
DOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!! That's it! SEASON OVER!!! TRADE LITERALLY EVERYTHING!!!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4684336/lb-williams-carted-off-practice-field

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2013, 10:46:43 AM »