News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Bears General Manager Sweepstakes  ( 22,900 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Bears General Manager Sweepstakes
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 03:12:41 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 06, 2012, 02:53:24 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 06, 2012, 12:04:37 PM
Quote from: CT III on January 06, 2012, 11:44:34 AM
Quote from: CT III on January 03, 2012, 11:27:52 AM
Quote from: PenPho on January 03, 2012, 10:29:32 AM
Whoever it is, he already has a coach.

Nothing like neutering the new guy before you even hire him.

Not really surprising since this is exactly what they did last time.

So, I assume they're going to want to hire a new offensive coordinator and then just give the job to Mike Tice since nobody in their right mind is going to want to pack up and take the job under these circumstances?

Yep.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/01/bears-promote-mike-tice-to-offensive-coordinator/1

Ooh. They're going to do the "one guy in charge of running game with a passing game coordinator" approach. I have never, Ever, seen that one work. Joy. Somehow they're going to find a way to take even MORE time in getting playcalls down to Jay. F*&King F*&k

This franchise is pure trash.

Pretty sad when the raiders hire a good GM candidate, moving faster than the bears. Tim Ruskell here we come!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 05:37:36 PM »
Fucking McCaskeys could fuck up a wet dream. (||)
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 09:09:44 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 06, 2012, 03:05:20 PM

So, I assume they're going to want to hire a new offensive coordinator and then just give the job to Mike Tice since nobody in their right mind is going to want to pack up and take the job under these circumstances?

Yep.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/01/bears-promote-mike-tice-to-offensive-coordinator/1

Ooh. They're going to do the "one guy in charge of running game with a passing game coordinator" approach. I have never, Ever, seen that one work. Joy. Somehow they're going to find a way to take even MORE time in getting playcalls down to Jay. F*&King F*&k

Wow. Lovie can't wait to get himself fired, can he?

Nothing against Lovie, but they should really be starting fresh.  Seriously--they haven't hired anybody in Tampa yet, have they?  Why doesn't ole' boy help us out here and seek a fresher deal for himself?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 09:57:50 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 07, 2012, 09:09:44 AM

Yep.

Nothing against Lovie, but they should really be starting fresh.  Seriously--they haven't hired anybody in Tampa yet, have they?  Why doesn't ole' boy help us out here and seek a fresher deal for himself?

Because he's got 2 years left on a deal that makes him one of the top 10 highest paid coaches in the NFL?  I assume this is also the reason he wasn't fired, the McClaskey Family wasn't going to pay somebody $10MM not to coach.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 10:01:51 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 07, 2012, 09:57:50 AM

Yep.

Nothing against Lovie, but they should really be starting fresh.  Seriously--they haven't hired anybody in Tampa yet, have they?  Why doesn't ole' boy help us out here and seek a fresher deal for himself?

Because he's got 2 years left on a deal that makes him one of the top 10 highest paid coaches in the NFL?  I assume this is also the reason he wasn't fired, the McClaskey Family wasn't going to pay somebody $10MM not to coach.

Lovie gets paid no matter what the next two years, I get it.  But his long-range security hinges on next year, and he'll likely be done if they fail to make the playoffs.  Seek a 3 year deal now in Tampa, when his value could leverage a better deal than he already has, and nobody gets hurt--least of all the McClaskeys, who will have fallen ass-backwards into a better situation in this scenario as the GM vacancy will have gotten a whole lot more desirable.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 11:00:45 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 07, 2012, 10:01:51 AM
Quote from: CT III on January 07, 2012, 09:57:50 AM

Yep.

Nothing against Lovie, but they should really be starting fresh.  Seriously--they haven't hired anybody in Tampa yet, have they?  Why doesn't ole' boy help us out here and seek a fresher deal for himself?

Because he's got 2 years left on a deal that makes him one of the top 10 highest paid coaches in the NFL?  I assume this is also the reason he wasn't fired, the McClaskey Family wasn't going to pay somebody $10MM not to coach.

Lovie gets paid no matter what the next two years, I get it.  But his long-range security hinges on next year, and he'll likely be done if they fail to make the playoffs.  Seek a 3 year deal now in Tampa, when his value could leverage a better deal than he already has, and nobody gets hurt--least of all the McClaskeys, who will have fallen ass-backwards into a better situation in this scenario as the GM vacancy will have gotten a whole lot more desirable.

I don't see how it would benefit Lovie to walk away and take a job in Tampa.  He's not going to get the same money, and he's in a place where ownership likes him to the point that it's been publicly stated that he'll have input into hiring the new GM.  Yeah, he's going into a must win season, but the same could be said of last year and he did all right.  Even if the Bears suck next year and he gets fired, I think Lovie's done enough in his time here that somebody in the NFL will give him a head coaching job.

So here's hoping the Bears go to the Super Bowl next year and in the ensuing offseason power struggle, Ted Phillips gets reassigned to be Mike McCaskey's house boy.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2012, 08:36:07 AM »
Quote from: BH on January 03, 2012, 10:51:26 AM
I hope it's not Tim Ruskell. Please God, no.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-quiet-on-saturday-but-could-they-look-at-ruskell-for-gm-20120107,0,775292.story

Quote...multiple sources said there is an internal movement to influence Phillips and team ownership to seriously consider personnel director Tim Ruskell for the job.

Ruskell has good relationships with head coach Lovie Smith, the assistant coaches and the scouting staff. He understands the team's schematic philosophies and the lay of the land. Retaining him would minimize change but still give the Bears a new voice and direction.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 08:48:07 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 08, 2012, 08:36:07 AM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-quiet-on-saturday-but-could-they-look-at-ruskell-for-gm-20120107,0,775292.story

Quote...multiple sources said there is an internal movement to influence Phillips and team ownership to seriously consider personnel director Tim Ruskell for the job.

Ruskell has good relationships with head coach Lovie Smith, the assistant coaches and the scouting staff. He understands the team's schematic philosophies and the lay of the land. Retaining him would minimize change but still give the Bears a new voice and direction.

Another reason to dump Ted Phillips? Apparently CT and BH could do his job for pennies on the dollar.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2012, 12:30:35 PM »

Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No. Fuck. No.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2012, 11:21:41 PM »

Yep.

Two guys in charge of the offense has to be better than just one, right? And it seems to be working great in the front office where both Ted Phillips and George McCaskey are in charge at the same time. And don't forget when Bob Babich was the D coordinator and linebackers coach.

Slak is right....pure trash.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2012, 09:04:43 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 08, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

Another reason to dump Ted Phillips? Apparently CT and BH could do his job for pennies on the dollar.

How do minimal change and new direction go in the same sentence? This is Bear football.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2012, 10:36:23 AM »
Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2012, 11:21:41 PM

Yep.

Two guys in charge of the offense has to be better than just one, right? And it seems to be working great in the front office where both Ted Phillips and George McCaskey are in charge at the same time. And don't forget when Bob Babich was the D coordinator and linebackers coach.

I just realized the Babich situation was the opposite problem. Still stupid but different stupid.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2012, 10:54:36 AM »
Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2012, 10:36:23 AM
Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2012, 11:21:41 PM

Yep.

I just realized the Babich situation was the opposite problem. Still stupid but different stupid.

Have they tapped someone to takeover Tice's duties with the offensive line yet? Still could be room for some same-stupid.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 11:40:25 AM »
How about Ted/Jed/Jason/Crane at Wrigley? Who's in charge? We have baseball guys watching baseball guys watching baseball guys watching attorneys. And we haven't figured out which Ricketts actually owns the team despite Yellon's dogged investigations.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 11:43:23 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 07, 2012, 11:00:45 AM
I don't see how it would benefit Lovie to walk away and take a job in Tampa.

Because the Tampa-2 would fit in PERFECTLY.