News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Bears General Manager Sweepstakes  ( 22,911 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Bears General Manager Sweepstakes
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2012, 09:45:32 AM »
Quote from: BH on February 23, 2012, 09:05:51 AM
The Bears will not rebound next year.Gary says so.

It'd be so much more awesome if it was just "Gary" and no last name listed on the byline.  Then I can picture this dolt as a Far Side creation and get on with my life.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 10:05:04 AM »
Quote from: BH on February 23, 2012, 09:05:51 AM
The Bears will not rebound next year.Gary says so.

WHY WON'T EMERY AND LOVIE FIND A GUY TO CRASH THE BOARDS?!?!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 11:00:37 AM »
DPD. Is Gary Davis a syphilitic rat?

QuoteWhat is the Chicago Bears future?

Good question. Jimmy the Greek is dead, so let's try another storyteller...

Damon Bailey? Shit, they're definitely not going to rebound this year.

Quote... The Bears, as usual can't seem to identify a franchise player like Forte other than to let things hang until the only answer will be a franchise tag.

He's right. Those cheap Bears can't identify a franchise player.

QuoteWho won the Super Bowl this year?

I missed it. I was told there was a big sporting event in Central Indiana the first weekend in February, so I watched it, and watched nothing else that weekend.

QuoteThe team that won it was the New York Giants.

Now, here's something I learned today. Did Fork learn this?

QuoteThe reason that the Giants won is that they have gotten the drift that you need a "team" to win, not "spot" great players who are more interested in themselves than the team or conversely a team that will not admit when a player is above average and should be rewarded such as Forte.

Soo... players should be more interested in the team than themselves, so not paying Forte should not be an issue. But the rest of the team (all of whom spoke out in favor of the Bears giving Walter Payton Gale Sayers Bronco Nagurski Red Grange Matt Forte a big raise) should be worried about the rest of the individuals on the team, not the team itself?

Please pay no attention that the guy leading the Forte talks, Jerry Angelo, is now looking for a job.

QuoteThere were major injuries to Jay Cutler and Matt Forte. Now in addition to the financial aspect of the problem of the player's involvement there is a question no one knows the answer to and that is "How much have the injuries affected the players?"

Well, considering Forte was cleared to play in the Pro Bowl and Cutler is throwing the ball right now, I am going to guess they have affected them quite minimally. The question we really need to know is what happens if Cutler and Forte continue to rehab from their injury, and freak training table accidents paralyze them from the neck down.

QuoteIn the NFC the San Francisco 49ers not only showed team spirit and what it can do but some different forms of play brought in from college.

What spirit?

Oh, they want the Bears to bring in some ideas from college. Let me help. You're welcome Phil and Lovie!

Oh, you want some forms of play from college? I can do that, too. Back to my alma mater! Or how about the formula from a "successful" college "system." A lot of boyish spirit from their old defensive coordinator!

Quote... The Bears have their best players in limbo based on either health or pay and in the area of health there are questions.

The Bears have their best players in Limbo?

I'm no theologian, but maybe Gary's right.

QuoteLovie Smith is a coach who does not make quick decisions and that I believe has hurt the team. Further our great defense is getting older.

Yes, Lovie is a big, slow, dumb animal! Listen to him talk in his East Texas drawl! He must be stooopid.

Our great defense getting older? I can't believe it!

(My god, they do look pretty bad.)

QuoteThings just don't look good.

I know. I see ominous clouds hanging over Halas Hall and Soldier Field. Just look out the window.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2012, 11:03:17 AM »
Can non-members see the messageboard?  If so, someone needs to send this to Gary and maybe he'll kill himself.  Maybe.  Worth a shot, no?  I'll delete this post so I will have not given him the idea so explicitly.  That's so bad someone needs to pay for it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 11:07:14 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 23, 2012, 11:03:17 AM
Can non-members see the messageboard?  If so, someone needs to send this to Gary and maybe he'll kill himself.  Maybe.  Worth a shot, no?  I'll delete this post so I will have not given him the idea so explicitly.  That's so bad someone needs to pay for it.

Show the original column to Rick Santorum and he'll change his stance on contraception.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 11:30:44 AM »
DPD (again). This guy seemed to have his finger on the Cubs' pulse.

Current Actions Setting Cubs Up for Failure in 2012

So, if the Cubs fail in 2012, is that really success?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2012, 11:33:10 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 23, 2012, 11:30:44 AM

Sounds like Gary's got a lot on his plate, BACK OFF.

"Retired Insurance CEO. Trained in medicine and medicines. Trained in mental health particularly manic depression as well as most illnesses (from medical underwriting. Business owner, business, marketing, trained and participated as musician and speech performer and judge. Coached all sports at middle school level. Gave college graduation speech. worked in gifted education. Was in Vietnam. Love to write have battled illness last couple of months but am making a comeback. Work with animals and also interested in aging and the aging process. Have held public office. Have been a teacher. "

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2012, 11:36:01 AM »
Quote from: BH on February 23, 2012, 11:33:10 AM

"Retired Insurance CEO. Trained in medicine and medicines. Trained in mental health particularly manic depression as well as most illnesses (from medical underwriting. Business owner, business, marketing, trained and participated as musician and speech performer and judge. Coached all sports at middle school level. Gave college graduation speech. worked in gifted education. Was in Vietnam. Love to write have battled illness last couple of months but am making a comeback. Work with animals and also interested in aging and the aging process. Have held public office. Have been a teacher. "

Got that? He's an expert, because he had to underwrite all that stuff, as a CEO. (CEOs love underwriting.) Don't think he knows about mental health because he's crazy or anything, because HE'S NOT!

Here's Gary's loving tributes to three people whose 2011 deaths affected us in many ways. At least those of us in the Death Pool.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2012, 11:47:28 AM »

I agree with BH.  Gary just wants to be left alone to observe President's Day with the solemn dignity it deserves.

I bet you assholes went to the movies instead.
http://voices.yahoo.com/five-movies-exceed-20-million-presidents-weekend-10989576.html?cat=9

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »
Quote from: CT III on February 23, 2012, 11:47:28 AM

I agree with BH.  Gary just wants to be left alone to observe President's Day with the solemn dignity it deserves.

I bet you assholes went to the movies instead.
http://voices.yahoo.com/five-movies-exceed-20-million-presidents-weekend-10989576.html?cat=9

How shortsighted! One of the top films (Safe House) starred Washington! And while Bedtime for Bonzo and Knute Rockne: All-American didn't crack the top 10 grossing films last weekend, they likely would have had the major movie houses picked them up. Gary, are you game for a film festival next February?

How about the assholes who went to a play instead? Did they not learn anything from our 16th President?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2012, 12:54:42 PM »
C'mon, Ears:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/03/vincent_jackson_and_mario_will.html

Peppers/Mario would be like the mythical Epstein/Friedman combination that Chuck never got to see.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2012, 01:24:54 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 08, 2012, 12:54:42 PM
C'mon, Ears:

Peppers/Mario would be like the mythical Epstein/Friedman combination that Chuck never got to see.

Yes please.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2012, 01:42:19 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 08, 2012, 01:24:54 PM
C'mon, Ears:

Yes please.

You know Lovie is saying the exact same thing. Maybe a little louder, with a bigger boner jutting out of his wind pants. Not to disparage Donohuge in any respect but defensive linemen really do it for Coach Smith.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2012, 01:58:55 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 08, 2012, 01:42:19 PM
Quote from: PANK! on March 08, 2012, 01:24:54 PM
C'mon, Ears:

Yes please.

You know Lovie is saying the exact same thing. Maybe a little louder, with a bigger boner jutting out of his wind pants. Not to disparage Donohuge in any respect but defensive linemen really do it for Coach Smith (||).

HJE?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2012, 08:27:29 PM »
Couldn't make this shit up if RV and I simultaneously were given the password to Brad Biggs' Twitter account: