News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Bears General Manager Sweepstakes  ( 22,910 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Bears General Manager Sweepstakes
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2012, 03:21:06 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 14, 2012, 02:53:17 PM
Quote from: Slaky on March 14, 2012, 02:49:22 PM
Quote from: PenPho on March 14, 2012, 02:44:01 PM
Quote from: SKO on March 14, 2012, 02:25:51 PM
Quote from: BH on March 14, 2012, 01:14:22 PM
Quote from: PenPho on March 14, 2012, 01:09:09 PM
Quote from: PANK! on March 14, 2012, 12:23:44 PM
Quote from: PenPho on March 14, 2012, 12:12:07 PM
Quote from: Oleg on March 14, 2012, 12:03:51 PM
Quote from: morpheus on March 14, 2012, 09:05:22 AM
Quote from: Slaky on March 14, 2012, 09:03:24 AM
We gonna talk about Marshall's lady punching?

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bears/2012/3/14/2870041/brandon-marshall-wife-club-incident-nfl-2012

QuoteOn March 12, 2012, Brandon Marshall was the key note speaker at a charitable event in New York. After the event was over he, his wife and close friends attended a function at a local club. While at the function a fight broke out NOT involving Mr. Marshall or his friends. While attempting to leave to avoid the melee Mrs. Marshall was struck in the face by a thrown bottle. She suffered serious injury. While attempting to leave and take his wife to the hospital, the mayhem continued outside. Finally Mr. Marshall was able to take his wife to the hospital where she was treated for serious injuries. Mr. Marshall is hoping to assist authorities in regards to this matter.

It's clear that Marshall was only in the melee to get directions away from the melee.

Something something snarky comment.

"We were outside that limo, so that's probably why they shot at that limo," Marshall said. "If I didn't act rowdy outside the club? It probably wouldn't have happened."

Why ya gotta be such a buzzkill?

Hey, I was applauding both the Marshall deal and the Campbell deal earlier. 
Even the McCown deal.

Granted, this was before Marshall punched some broad in the face, but considering he has like 16 police interactions in the last 4 years, it's not exactly surprising.

You don't even know what she said to him yet. Let's see how this plays out.

I'm still betting this won't end in a suspension. Doesn't sound like there's enough hard evidence to actually charge him with anything, so I doubt it goes through.

This incident or this tenure with the Bears?

Because for a guy who's been suspended once by the league and twice by his team, it seems reasonable to assume that he might get suspended again.

Dan Bernstein pulled a Zawaski claiming a credible Bears source says the Bears had no idea of this incident until after the trade was finalized. Of course, Zawaski's sources were right about Toews' concussion and the Bears also had no idea that Sam Hurd was slanging monoliths of cocaine.

I guess my point here is I don't give a shit. He's a football player and I hope he plays 16 games. I'm with SKO in thinking that he will.

I saw a lady tweet about needing to find a new team since the Bears support a lady puncher. That might be true but you probably shouldn't be watching sports ever again if that's the criteria for choosing your team. There's probably more than one lady puncher on every NFL team. These guys are by and large absolute fucking morons.

Even though my high horse has a permanent impression of my ass on it...THIS.

There's a big difference between rooting for a team as a whole and thinking that each individual is a role model and someone you'd be proud to know. 

This is why throwback jerseys are always the best options. 
Assuming you're some jersey-wearing assclown.

(counts Bobby Hull jerseys in the United Center)
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 14, 2012, 03:21:06 PM

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bears/2012/3/14/2870041/brandon-marshall-wife-club-incident-nfl-2012

QuoteOn March 12, 2012, Brandon Marshall was the key note speaker at a charitable event in New York. After the event was over he, his wife and close friends attended a function at a local club. While at the function a fight broke out NOT involving Mr. Marshall or his friends. While attempting to leave to avoid the melee Mrs. Marshall was struck in the face by a thrown bottle. She suffered serious injury. While attempting to leave and take his wife to the hospital, the mayhem continued outside. Finally Mr. Marshall was able to take his wife to the hospital where she was treated for serious injuries. Mr. Marshall is hoping to assist authorities in regards to this matter.

It's clear that Marshall was only in the melee to get directions away from the melee.

"We were outside that limo, so that's probably why they shot at that limo," Marshall said. "If I didn't act rowdy outside the club? It probably wouldn't have happened."

Even the McCown deal.

Granted, this was before Marshall punched some broad in the face, but considering he has like 16 police interactions in the last 4 years, it's not exactly surprising.

I'm still betting this won't end in a suspension. Doesn't sound like there's enough hard evidence to actually charge him with anything, so I doubt it goes through.

Because for a guy who's been suspended once by the league and twice by his team, it seems reasonable to assume that he might get suspended again.

Dan Bernstein pulled a Zawaski claiming a credible Bears source says the Bears had no idea of this incident until after the trade was finalized. Of course, Zawaski's sources were right about Toews' concussion and the Bears also had no idea that Sam Hurd was slanging monoliths of cocaine.

I guess my point here is I don't give a shit. He's a football player and I hope he plays 16 games. I'm with SKO in thinking that he will.

I saw a lady tweet about needing to find a new team since the Bears support a lady puncher. That might be true but you probably shouldn't be watching sports ever again if that's the criteria for choosing your team. There's probably more than one lady puncher on every NFL team. These guys are by and large absolute fucking morons.

There's a big difference between rooting for a team as a whole and thinking that each individual is a role model and someone you'd be proud to know. 

(brings hockee into non-hockee thread)
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2012, 03:56:32 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 14, 2012, 03:51:19 PM

Even the McCown deal.

To be fair, Apex brought NBA into it first.

But, at least neither of them are idiotic enough as to presume that Vontaze Burfict would somehow be a logical pick for the Bears at #19. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 14, 2012, 03:56:32 PM

Even the McCown deal.

To be fair, Apex brought NBA into it first.

But, at least neither of them are idiotic enough as to presume that Vontaze Burfict would somehow be a logical pick for the Bears at #19. 

I will admit that, in my escape from football post Cutler-injury I did not realize just how incredibly fast Vontaze had dropped on everyone's boards. He'd still be worth their #2. Raw talent there, even if he's batshit crazy.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2012, 04:06:08 PM »

You have a Roethlisberger throwback jersey now?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2012, 04:10:56 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 14, 2012, 04:06:08 PM

It's a Miami (OH) jersey from back when he was pure as an Ohio snow.

I sometimes wear it to the bathroom.
Allegedly.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2012, 04:19:06 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 14, 2012, 04:10:56 PM

I sometimes wear it to the bathroomm where I rape myself.
Allegedly.

Just how do you do that?'d.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2012, 04:21:15 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 14, 2012, 04:19:06 PM

Allegedly.

What I find fascinating is that you made a typo in the section of text that you didn't even alter.

#bathroomm
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 14, 2012, 04:21:15 PM

Allegedly.

What I find fascinating is that you made a typo in the section of text that you didn't even alter.

#bathroomm

What can I say?  I have a talent for this.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »

Allegedly.

#bathroomm

Ok. I LOLed.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2012, 07:38:17 PM »
Quote from: Bort on March 14, 2012, 04:50:00 PM

Allegedly.

#bathroomm

Ok. I LOLed.

God that's good.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2012, 07:22:40 AM »

Even the McCown deal.

Just saying, you can get a wife beater on a throwback too.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2012, 09:59:17 AM »
Quote from: Fork on March 15, 2012, 07:22:40 AM

Even the McCown deal.

Just saying, you can get a wife beater on a throwback too.

You can even get throwback wife beaters.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »
This is shaping up as the best Bears offseason ever including the Cutler one because that one included a lot dumbassary at nearly every other position. This makes the team better:

Zachary Bowman: A Viking

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2012, 07:04:23 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 26, 2012, 11:36:20 AM
This is shaping up as the best Bears offseason ever including the Cutler one because that one included a lot dumbassary at nearly every other position. This makes the team better:

Zachary Bowman: A Viking

The Vikings have always seemed overeager to take the Bears' sloppy seconds. It happens time and time again. History tells us this is going to work out quite well.