News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Bears General Manager Sweepstakes  ( 22,913 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Bears General Manager Sweepstakes
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2012, 10:41:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 10:37:56 AM
Quote from: morpheus on April 19, 2012, 10:31:15 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 10:29:24 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 19, 2012, 10:18:58 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 10:16:17 AM
I'd also like to positive the Bears signing Chilo Rachal. In 2010 he was rated as the best run-blocking guard in all of football. He tends to have mental lapses at time in pass blocking, but despite the 49ers fans saying "LOL he is the WURST" wasn't that poorly rated in that department. It appears his benching last year may have been a case of the 49ers undervaluing certain aspects of his game or overblowing a few of his mistakes. Either way, he's young, huge, a good runblocker, and adds good depth on the interior for a veteran minimum. If he ends up being an Omiyale-type guy then you just cut him because you didn't sign a guy who wasn't even a starter to a four year deal worth 11.5 million.

I'm trying not to overreact before the draft, but it seems that Emery has some idea of how to run a football team.

I don't know, this whole "depth" thing is new and foreign and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel. 

I'm interested in seeing if they pick up a Tackle in the draft. They've got a lot of depth on the interior, since C. Williams, E. Williams, Louis, Garza, Spencer, and Rachal can all play either guard position and Garza and Spencer can both play center.

Only Carimi, Webb, and Williams can really play tackle (Louis was better than expected at RT for most of the year, but just doesn't project there at all in the future), and we don't actually know yet if any of them can really play tackle all that well, although Webb was not as bad as his numbers for most of the year.

They've discussed giving Williams a shot at kicking back out to left tackle, which is a total crapshoot. Everyone calls him a bust at left tackle, but he's only made 5 starts there, and he played well in the 3 he started there in 2009.

Could you please translate this into meatball so I know what to be angry about?

NICE JOB DERE BY FIL EBONY TO PICK UP A GUY DAT DA 49ERS DINNIT EVNE WARNT!

DERE GONNA LET CHRIS WILLEM AND HIS CRAPPY BACK COMPEET WIH JAMIROQUAI AT LEFT TACKLE? WHY AINT DEY JUS PAVE AN EXPRESSWAY RIT INTO DA BACKFIELD. SURE WONT BE MUCH TRAFFIC IN DERE WAY UNLIKE DA LSD.

Yours is better.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2012, 10:42:10 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 19, 2012, 10:41:12 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 10:37:56 AM
Quote from: morpheus on April 19, 2012, 10:31:15 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 10:29:24 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 19, 2012, 10:18:58 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 10:16:17 AM
I'd also like to positive the Bears signing Chilo Rachal. In 2010 he was rated as the best run-blocking guard in all of football. He tends to have mental lapses at time in pass blocking, but despite the 49ers fans saying "LOL he is the WURST" wasn't that poorly rated in that department. It appears his benching last year may have been a case of the 49ers undervaluing certain aspects of his game or overblowing a few of his mistakes. Either way, he's young, huge, a good runblocker, and adds good depth on the interior for a veteran minimum. If he ends up being an Omiyale-type guy then you just cut him because you didn't sign a guy who wasn't even a starter to a four year deal worth 11.5 million.

I'm trying not to overreact before the draft, but it seems that Emery has some idea of how to run a football team.

I don't know, this whole "depth" thing is new and foreign and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel. 

I'm interested in seeing if they pick up a Tackle in the draft. They've got a lot of depth on the interior, since C. Williams, E. Williams, Louis, Garza, Spencer, and Rachal can all play either guard position and Garza and Spencer can both play center.

Only Carimi, Webb, and Williams can really play tackle (Louis was better than expected at RT for most of the year, but just doesn't project there at all in the future), and we don't actually know yet if any of them can really play tackle all that well, although Webb was not as bad as his numbers for most of the year.

They've discussed giving Williams a shot at kicking back out to left tackle, which is a total crapshoot. Everyone calls him a bust at left tackle, but he's only made 5 starts there, and he played well in the 3 he started there in 2009.

Could you please translate this into meatball so I know what to be angry about?

NICE JOB DERE BY FIL EBONY TO PICK UP A GUY DAT DA 49ERS DINNIT EVNE WARNT!

DERE GONNA LET CHRIS WILLEM AND HIS CRAPPY BACK COMPEET WIH JAMIROQUAI AT LEFT TACKLE? WHY AINT DEY JUS PAVE AN EXPRESSWAY RIT INTO DA BACKFIELD. SURE WONT BE MUCH TRAFFIC IN DERE WAY UNLIKE DA LSD.

Yours is better.

Don't sell yourself short (something something Oleg)... yours was solid.  Emstink is terrible!
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »
The Bears have now agreed to terms with Geno Hayes as well. Terrible last year (as was every other Buc, though) but graded out very high in 2009 and 2010 and is just 24. Will compete with Roach, who played much better than most people realize last year, and is depth at all three LB positions. These moves make too much sense. This is unsettling.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2012, 10:51:23 AM »
I just like that all of the bargain shopping Emery has done (Devin Thomas, Chilo Rachal, Geno Hayes, Kelvin Hayden) are all guys that the team doesn't Need as starters to be successful, but all of them would be upgrades if they recovered their 2010 or 2009 form, and are at worst better backups than what they had before. It's not like signing Roy Williams or Omiyale and immediately handing them  starting jobs at positions where the team needs clear upgrades right away. Also, everyone of them is on the right side of the 30.

Update: Despite a bad 2011 (-11.9), Hayes is still at a +7.9 from PFF for his career and he's only 24. He'll play the SLB position in Chicago, rather than the more difficult (and more exposed in coverage) WLB, so this is a great move to add competition for Roach.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2012, 11:08:32 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 10:44:21 AM
The Bears have now agreed to terms with Geno Hayes as well. Terrible last year (as was every other Buc, though) but graded out very high in 2009 and 2010 and is just 24. Will compete with Roach, who played much better than most people realize last year, and is depth at all three LB positions. These moves make too much sense. This is unsettling.

HES NO TIM SHAW!!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2012, 11:10:11 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 09:49:03 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 19, 2012, 09:39:28 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 19, 2012, 09:27:07 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 19, 2012, 09:13:17 AM
David Terrell making a comeback of sorts. Image #5.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-mug-photogallery,0,5488047.photogallery

He's not even charged with a felony? This guy still fails to live up to expectations. Hatstinkwas terrible.

You think he still smells even with today's embalming technology?

I totally forgot that Mark Hatley was dead. The other day I said something about him running the Cardinals. I meant Rod Graves, but I'm sure TEC might prefer Mark Hatley.

WORDPLAY

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2012, 11:10:39 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 10:51:23 AM
I just like that all of the bargain shopping Emery has done (Devin Thomas, Chilo Rachal, Geno Hayes, Kelvin Hayden) are all guys that the team doesn't Need as starters to be successful, but all of them would be upgrades if they recovered their 2010 or 2009 form, and are at worst better backups than what they had before. It's not like signing Roy Williams or Omiyale and immediately handing them  starting jobs at positions where the team needs clear upgrades right away. Also, everyone of them is on the right side of the 30.

Update: Despite a bad 2011 (-11.9), Hayes is still at a +7.9 from PFF for his career and he's only 24. He'll play the SLB position in Chicago, rather than the more difficult (and more exposed in coverage) WLB, so this is a great move to add competition for Roach.

The SLOB linebacker doesn't really have to do much in Lovie's defense except give D.J. Moore a high five after interceptions and strip Adrian Peterson (||) in overtime.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2012, 11:12:43 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 19, 2012, 11:10:11 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 19, 2012, 09:49:03 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 19, 2012, 09:39:28 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 19, 2012, 09:27:07 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 19, 2012, 09:13:17 AM
David Terrell making a comeback of sorts. Image #5.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-mug-photogallery,0,5488047.photogallery

He's not even charged with a felony? This guy still fails to live up to expectations. Hatstinkwas terrible.

You think he still smells even with today's embalming technology?

I totally forgot that Mark Hatley was dead. The other day I said something about him running the Cardinals. I meant Rod Graves, but I'm sure TEC might prefer Mark Hatley.

WORDPLAY

Bill Tobin.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2012, 01:12:41 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 19, 2012, 11:10:39 AM

The SLOB linebacker doesn't really have to do much in Lovie's defense except give D.J. Moore a high five after interceptions and strip Adrian Peterson (||) in overtime.

also be fat and lazy like Bryan Cox.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2012, 01:35:34 PM »
Quote from: BBM on April 19, 2012, 01:12:41 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 19, 2012, 11:10:39 AM

also be fat and lazy like Bryan Cox.

He was an ideal fit in Wannstink's defense. As is Mario Williams, apparently.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »
Counting down to the first terrible picks of the Emstink administration. The suspense is killing me. Actually, it's the booze and fried food.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: April 26, 2012, 02:57:56 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 26, 2012, 02:09:24 PM
Counting down to the first terrible picks of the Emstink administration. The suspense is killing me. Actually, it's the booze and fried food.

Like Olde English and fried chicken?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2012, 03:18:35 PM »

So the bears are drafting michael floyd? 

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2012, 03:56:04 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 26, 2012, 02:57:56 PM

Like Olde English and fried chicken?

MMmmmm...

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2012, 09:46:17 PM »
The Vikings just drafted Craig Steltz.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."