News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Bears General Manager Sweepstakes  ( 22,912 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Bears General Manager Sweepstakes
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2012, 12:10:41 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 16, 2012, 12:04:54 PM
Bear's management looking, dare I say, competent.  My entire world-view is spinning out of control.

This season's going to have to be one giant clusterfuck for me to drain the bank of goodwill that Phil Emery's built up this offseason. Christ, I spent years defending Angelo for being "not as bad as people says he is" only to see that one offseason with a real, ballsy general manager has completely dispelled that illusion.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2012, 01:09:32 PM »
DPD. Forte got 18 mil guaranteed. Less than Arian Foster and McCoy. Good deal.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2012, 01:11:22 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 16, 2012, 12:02:26 PM
Four years, 32 million. Good deal for Forte and the team. He gets more than he'd have gotten on the tag but the Bears didn't exactly break the bank. Nowhere near the Peterson/Chris Johnson deals.

I'm really surprised at how reasonable this all is.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2012, 01:48:08 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 16, 2012, 01:11:22 PM
Four years, 32 million. Good deal for Forte and the team. He gets more than he'd have gotten on the tag but the Bears didn't exactly break the bank. Nowhere near the Peterson/Chris Johnson deals.

Just for reference, recent contracts:

Jason Bay - 4 years, $66 million
Francisco Cordero - 4 years, $46 million
Brian Robers - 4 years, $40 million
Jake Peavy - 3 years, $52 million

The closest contract to Forte is Alexei Ramirez's 4 year/$32.5 million deal (100% guaranteed of course, so maybe it's really a different conversation) who's roughly the 15th best SS in MLB. 

Another reason why I'd push my son towards baseball. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2012, 02:04:51 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 16, 2012, 01:48:08 PM

The closest contract to Forte is Alexei Ramirez's 4 year/$32.5 million deal (100% guaranteed of course, so maybe it's really a different conversation) who's roughly the 15th best SS in MLB. 

That and the ability to still have mental capacity beyond age 40.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2012, 02:15:10 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 16, 2012, 02:04:51 PM

Yes, that was the first reason that we already discussed.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2012, 02:17:30 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 16, 2012, 02:04:51 PM

You sure about that?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2012, 02:17:46 PM »
Rosendouche slobbering on the mic on B&B with Hub Arkush about the extra $2 Mil they just gave Forte against what he would have earned under the franchise tag. Why does Rosendouche's mouth always seem so full of saliva that he can't speak? And why do people allow him to speak? Or type? Or breathe?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: July 16, 2012, 02:20:06 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 16, 2012, 02:17:46 PM
Rosendouche slobbering on the mic on B&B with Hub Arkush about the extra $2 Mil they just gave Forte against what he would have earned under the franchise tag. Why does Rosendouche's mouth always seem so full of saliva that he can't speak? And why do people allow him to speak? Or type? Or breathe?

Of all the crap he writes and his terrible opinions on everything I find that saliva thing to be BY FAR the most annoying thing about him. It's intolerable.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »

Rosenpoop's Trib photo is always good for a laugh. The Score should double down and pair him with Mariotti on Saturday mornings.

Also, did Matt Forte run over Hub's dog? He's been crapping on this contract and the intangible concept of a Forte contract for like a year, or am I thinking of someone else?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: July 16, 2012, 02:37:14 PM »
DPD. "Steve Rosenbloom with you, in for Terry Boers, whether you like it or not."

Ha! Haha! It's funny because he sucks.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: July 16, 2012, 03:09:16 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 16, 2012, 02:29:09 PM

Rosenpoop's Trib photo is always good for a laugh. The Score should double down and pair him with Mariotti on Saturday mornings.

Also, did Matt Forte run over Hub's dog? He's been crapping on this contract and the intangible concept of a Forte contract for like a year, or am I thinking of someone else?

It's time for FYHA!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: July 16, 2012, 03:15:42 PM »
Further reference, Ravens just signed Ray Rice to a 5/$40 deal with $25 million guaranteed. 

Yes, that link is for satirical purposes.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: July 16, 2012, 04:29:04 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 16, 2012, 02:20:06 PM

Of all the crap he writes and his terrible opinions on everything I find that saliva thing to be BY FAR the most annoying thing about him. It's intolerable.

Arkush and Rosendouche together were insufferable. Besides Arkush's sniveling "the Bears will win some games. They're a wildcard team. Not a Superbowl team by any stretch" (oh really, jackass, I bet you totally pegged the 9-7 Giants as the Superbowl champion last year, right?) and Rosendouche saying runningbacks should basically make nothing because it's a passing league (unless you're a team that maybe scores points by running the ball, because unlike the Lions, Patriots, and Packers you actually have a back or two who doesn't suck) I was about ready to rip my radio out and throw it at a homeless person.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: July 16, 2012, 04:37:27 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 16, 2012, 04:29:04 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 16, 2012, 02:20:06 PM

Arkush and Rosendouche together were insufferable. Besides Arkush's sniveling "the Bears will win some games. They're a wildcard team. Not a Superbowl team by any stretch" (oh really, jackass, I bet you totally pegged the 9-7 Giants as the Superbowl champion last year, right?) and Rosendouche saying runningbacks should basically make nothing because it's a passing league (unless you're a team that maybe scores points by running the ball, because unlike the Lions, Patriots, and Packers you actually have a back or two who doesn't suck) I was about ready to rip my radio out and throw it at a homeless person.

Wheezer already has a radio.