News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jorge Soler Zero Percent Financing Thud On The Shower Door SPLOOGE Fest  ( 68,455 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on May 25, 2016, 07:55:02 AM
I'd like to see him get hotter than a freshly fucked fox in a flaming, fuel-fed forest fire from here until about November. I'll just walk around the internet with both middle fingers held up. Maybe get a Soler tattoo or something drastic before he blows up the sun.

If Jorge posts an OPS over .800 this season I demand this go right onto your left cheek:
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on May 25, 2016, 08:02:21 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 25, 2016, 07:55:02 AM
I'd like to see him get hotter than a freshly fucked fox in a flaming, fuel-fed forest fire from here until about November. I'll just walk around the internet with both middle fingers held up. Maybe get a Soler tattoo or something drastic before he blows up the sun.

If Jorge posts an OPS over .800 this season I demand this go right onto your left cheek:

1.000 and a World Series title and I swear it will be done.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jorge Soler Zero Percent Financing Thud On The Shower Door SPLOOGE Fest
« Reply #512 on: June 06, 2016, 09:42:44 PM »
This guy's fucking hamstrings.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #513 on: June 07, 2016, 01:59:32 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 06, 2016, 09:42:44 PM

Tommy Birch took a break from getting swept up in prostitution stings to tweet that Albert Almora is likely to come up if Soler goes on the DL. So I guess we'll get a preview of next year and a head to head comparison with Dex. Hopefully Jorge is fine though.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #514 on: June 07, 2016, 06:17:58 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 07, 2016, 01:59:32 AM

Tommy Birch took a break from getting swept up in prostitution stings to tweet that Albert Almora is likely to come up if Soler goes on the DL. So I guess we'll get a preview of next year and a head to head comparison with Dex. Hopefully Jorge is fine though.

Other than being a late-inning defensive replacement--which might actually be more useful in September--I don't see where Almora plays.  Dumb.  Leave him in Iowa and see if he can continue to hit.  If Soler goes on the DL, I'm not sure who gets called up (and they still have Federlosericz on the bench(!)) but this could just mean a little more consistent playing time for Baez.  Plus, I'm thinking Javy could use the reps in LF.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #515 on: June 07, 2016, 06:27:25 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 07, 2016, 06:17:58 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 07, 2016, 01:59:32 AM

Other than being a late-inning defensive replacement--which might actually be more useful in September--I don't see where Almora plays.  Dumb.  Leave him in Iowa and see if he can continue to hit.  If Soler goes on the DL, I'm not sure who gets called up (and they still have Federlosericz on the bench(!)) but this could just mean a little more consistent playing time for Baez.  Plus, I'm thinking Javy could use the reps in LF.

SQDPD

Alcantara's gotten up to .263.  He still sucks (.318 OBP...though his .438 SLG is not fugly) but I'd rather they call him back up and see if he can get going.  He's wouldn't play much anyway and would, I'm thinking, just provide coverage for Baez if Javy plays LF for the better part of 2-3 weeks so I'd prefer to see that.

Side Note: I see Contreras' 2-for-2 last night elevated his average to .343.  Willson's OPS is 1.026 (!).  When is their next game in an American league park?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #516 on: June 07, 2016, 07:26:31 AM »
I just want to point out that Zobrist has played 340 games in RF and 111 in LF, compared to 666 games played at second base in his career.

I'd rather see the Cubs put Zobrist out there and let Baez dazzle us in the middle infield.
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #517 on: June 07, 2016, 07:33:08 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 07, 2016, 07:26:31 AM
I just want to point out that Zobrist has played 340 games in RF and 111 in LF, compared to 666 games played at second base in his career.

I'd rather see the Cubs put Zobrist out there and let Baez dazzle us in the middle infield.

Depending on how long Jorge is out, this is probably fine. I think either way at this point they're getting an OF at the deadline. If Josh Reddick is back from his injury and hitting by then, great. Otherwise as Andy suggested the other day I think we may be looking at Jabe Ruce, Cub. Even if Jorge is hitting by then trusting him to be healthy come October is a gamble.

For right now if Jorge is just out a 2 week DL stint, then call up Almora to play a couple games, be late inning defense, and yeah, do Baez/La Stella in the IF and Zobrist or Bryant in left for a few weeks.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #518 on: June 07, 2016, 08:15:39 AM »
Wouldn't Baez at 3B and Bryant in LF make more sense if Soler is going to be out for any amount of time?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #519 on: June 07, 2016, 08:23:08 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 07, 2016, 08:15:39 AM
Wouldn't Baez at 3B and Bryant in LF make more sense if Soler is going to be out for any amount of time?

For a while, but I'd probably want them to hedge their bets there with an actual outfielder, especially because as flashy and fun as Javy can be it's not like he's exactly setting the world on fire with an 80 wRC+. He's a super sub who might be something more, but I'm not going to bank my title hopes on him developing into an every day player.

With Russell struggling, their offense would suddenly be getting below average offense at RF, SS, 3B, and catcher. Heyward looks like he's maybe rounding the corner a bit, and I'm not betting on Russell staying down for long, but I'd still want a bit more insurance in the OF with a veteran bat.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #520 on: June 07, 2016, 08:25:09 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 07, 2016, 08:23:08 AM

For a while, but I'd probably want them to hedge their bets there with an actual outfielder, especially because as flashy and fun as Javy can be it's not like he's exactly setting the world on fire with an 80 wRC+. He's a super sub who might be something more, but I'm not going to bank my title hopes on him developing into an every day player.

Platoon him with that little rodent LaStella.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #521 on: June 07, 2016, 08:26:24 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 07, 2016, 08:25:09 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 07, 2016, 08:23:08 AM

Platoon him with that little rodent LaStella.

Yeah again not willing to bet anything this year on the performance of Tommy La Stella. Get a proven bat in the outfield. The kids will get plenty of opportunities to prove themselves, but you need a reliable fallback option. Bring me Jabe Ruce and his .922 OPS.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #522 on: August 05, 2016, 05:18:01 PM »
George Sun is back, riding high on a blistering rehab stint. Joe Nathan DFA.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #523 on: August 05, 2016, 08:05:51 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 05, 2016, 05:18:01 PM
George Sun is back, riding high on a blistering rehab stint. Joe Nathan DFA.

Oakland pitching is a breeze after the Southern League.
TIME TO POST!

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #524 on: August 05, 2016, 09:19:30 PM »
Boom